Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie The Blood Mage

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
New Update!

Hey,

While fixing the bugs in the last update, I added a cheat to get experience and included it in button which shows you the version and the fps (F3). This made it faster to test the game and certain edge cases but I forgot to take it out again.

The game counted the turns and saved them from the beginning but only if you moved. Now, the game also counts it when you cast a spell, go through the doors and holes, drink a potion or put a key into the spikes. Now, you can look them up at any time if you press F3.

Full Changelog

- Removed a cheat
- Added turn counting to various activities
- You can look up the turns with F3
- The display of the version number, fps and (now) turns which opens when you hit F3, does not close anymore if you leave an area
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2403900/view/3685688504868501656

The game is right now 25% off on Itch.io!

Last edited:

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
Thanks for getting it! Since it's such a niche genre I think it will be pretty decisive. After playing for some time you either really like it or not at all.

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
The Blood Mage got its first review of a non-curator-non-journo-player! :kingcomrade:

Really great game! enjoying it a lot so far.
at first it's confusing like any puzzle, then the pieces quickly fall into place and I think I've figured things out. the game is surprisingly forgiving when it comes to mistakes and you can recover instead of it being a run killer.
there are some bugs but nothing game breaking or restarting the game didn't fix.
I fell out of the world once, that was fun, never happened since tho. you can save so my progress wasn't lost.
honestly for that price its really well thought out, you can tell effort was put into it.
definitely worth more than its current price, I was very pleasantly surprised when I had very low expectations going into this.
the game lets you figure things out, one discovery leads to another and suddenly it all make sense and you're counting monsters' health points just to get by.

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
1.1.5 Update

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2403900/view/3907500209570071805?l=english

Hey,

I got a bug report from a Steam user, so I went to work and fixed it. While testing I found two other bugs which are also fixed now.
Thanks to Paladin for sending me the bug report!

Full Changelog

- Fixed a bug if you got killed by your own spell while fighting and reloaded, you couldn't interact with enemies anymore
- Fixed a bug if you got killed, reloaded and leveled up between the save and the point where you died, you could have a spell equipped which you didn't already had after reloading
- Fixed a bug which would prevent multiple level ups if you had already chosen all spells

The game is still on sale for 50% off!

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
The Blood Mage sells really well at the moment. More than half of the copies sold on Steam were sold in this sale.

I did almost no marketing when I released the game and now a little bit, that certainly helps and for sure the 1$ price point.
People seem to like it, the median playtime is pretty high for such a short game and I don't have any returns yet!

:kingcomrade:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom