Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How did I miss this thread? It's awesome! Kudos to you, Barbarian. You are indeed the truest of Bros.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Orgasm said:
B.

But hey, there, democracy for you. Outvoted.
I urge the Storyteller to punish those "but I am smart and wanna find out who is at fault, like in a bioware quest" C option pussies.

Maybe we could ally with the Turanei instead, and thusly get both the stealth tech and bear slaves. Information is power. By scouting them, we open up this opportunity. We can still join the war and turn the tide with our glorious military, but we can also abstain, should we choose to.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
Grunker, many thanks, you are too kind.

To all:

There will be another update tonight. And... possibly... a Raumen-style Shits-n-Giggles codex entry for everybody's favorite furballs; the Phyr. But the Barbarian will emphasize the actual update, so the latter is a case of 'time-permitting'. Worthy men of worth may nominate aspects of the universe they would like fleshed out, and the Barbarian will oblige. All topics hitherto covered are fair game.

Voting is open for another three hours, give or take an hour.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
GUIZ GUIZ I'M BACK.

Ahem.

Let me point out that their stealth tech isn't really all that hot. It creates an area of 'dead space' in a sensor net, I mean, like, if you can't spot a dead space moving around in your sensor field you don't deserve to have sensor technologies bro. So stealth tech shouldn't be a consideration when acting. MAybe if it was like true visual invisibility based on light-bending tech that also goes really undetected on sensors, we'll take it. Right now I'm not too enthused by how it works. Doesn't even have the decency of blowing whatever shit touches the veil, bros.

C. Let's go score some sweet scaly ass.

Not that I'm hating on our furry pals, but the Raumen are acting very very suspiciously. Wouldn't be surprised if, as you other chums have said, they are feeding both sides of the war.

I believe they do not truly desire the defeat of the Phyrries nor our contact with the Turanei, but having us plunge into the fray will tilt the balance of power so much that the war WILL END, and with it their craaaazy profits. Because we're so Cowesome that way. CODEXIA!

Also also Turanei are xenophobic. So are we, deep down inside, except we are smart enough to not show it all the time. Maybe we can like, be buddies in purging the universe then purge them after we've purged all others. Lolz.

So we should just go ahead and talk to the lizards and see. Without telling the furries, of course. Make it like secret talks, so the furries don't think we've betrayed them ors omething. If they attack us, we band together and kill them all. Furry-tipped multi-missiles ftw!

God I'm so drunk.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Let's not be pussies and go for the fat and opulent route guys. FFSBLOBERT WOULD DISAPPROVE OF HTIS POPAMOLECHOICE.

Plus it may turn out that it is the Turanei attacking us.... under the instigation of the two Raumen clans wanting REVENGE for getting their bug asses fucked over repeatedly during the First Contact War.

edit: to pound further on the stealth tech, the furries don't have it for their smaller vessels. Only in the big ones. We don't have the tactical mobility of FTL on our warships so warping in with stealth on wouldn't be that useful if the enemy array just suddenly picks up holes in their sensor net.

Also the Phyrries must have had skirmishes with the Raumen, so I wouldn't bet on the Raumen not having counter-measures for the tech, and they are losing to the Turanei so obv. the stealth isn't working all that well agains tht e lizards

Man. I kinda feel bad for the poor furries now. Maybe we should help them. Theyu just can't get a break, y'know?

Maria

Novice
I would like to know more about the average citizen in our fair empire.
What tech does C. Everyman use? Is he or she oppressed by our glorious secret police or free to criticize the government? Do people travel between the colonies for leisure? How long do they live? And so on and so forth...

Maria

Novice
treave said:
Let's not be pussies and go for the fat and opulent route guys.
It sure sound like they want to fatten us up before the slaughter.
I like these slithering bug bastards less and less.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I would like to know what non-spacefaring tech we have. How for advanced are we concering AI's, flying cars etc?

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
treave said:
Man. I kinda feel bad for the poor furries now. Maybe we should help them. Theyu just can't get a break, y'know?
With all due respect, perhaps you should return to your quarters for a while, admiral.
We can't have you acting inappropriately during council meetings.

laclongquan

Arcane
Although Jack is too inebriated, I must say his idea resonate with me. Barring some disastrous happenings, I am inclined toward allying with those furries. At the least, maybe we could broker peace between them and the lizard. At the best, we jump on their side.

Never forget that we had an war with bugs. Nothing prevent such happen again. We need allies, or if not, someone who is a pain in the asses of our enemies.

I am not too keen on buying a new enemy. Not if I can help it.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
True, and don't forget the stealth technology.
That could be a reason for the Raumen to not want us to ally with the Phyr.

Angthoron

Arcane
I would like to know what manner of weaponry our glorious military employs at the moment. Are we focusing on energy weapons or torpedoes or do we have both or neither? What types of WMDs do we possess, if any? Do we have any technologies besides the Wyrmhole that truly set us apart from the other races, either military or civilian, that we might be guarding?

And, as an aside, unless this will come up some time later in the years so we learn the truth - what were the Phyrries doing in our space on that vessel? I'm still terribly curious about that!

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
What I really would like to know is if you've had any books published, The Barbarian.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm okay, I'm okay.

To add to the previously requested C. Everyman update from Councillor Maria, I'm interested in whether or not religion still exists in Codexia 200 A.U., and if it does, the extent of its influence.

This would help inform my future choices.

Another aspect I am interested in is more knowledge into the governing structure of Codexia. I know we have a Senate with regional representatives, but how powerful is it when it comes to planetary concerns? Are their policies merely guidelines, or enforced to the letter?

This also relates to military structure. I'll assume Fleet and Army are under the direct control of the Senate. However, do each of the worlds maintain their own militia, or are all military and defense concerns handled by the central administration?

For that matter, as mentioned by the Barbarian recently, our oldest colonies have begun to develop their own planetary identity. Future days may soon see the beginning of shifts away from the central Codexian identity defined by Unity Megalopolis, especially if years of peace continue uninterrupted without the presence of an external enemy.

edit: Was it ever mentioned if the Phyrries had FTL tech? Would be funny if we put FTL engines on some asteroid (or 2 km long piece of shit), cloaked it, and sent it at full speed into some choice Raumen worlds, those damned bugs. Seeing a dead zone on sensors is one thing, it's another if it moves too fast to catch.

Maria

Novice
treave said:
edit: Was it ever mentioned if the Phyrries had FTL tech? Would be funny if we put FTL engines on some asteroid (or 2 km long piece of shit), cloaked it, and sent it at full speed into some choice Raumen worlds, those damned bugs. Seeing a dead zone on sensors is one thing, it's another if it moves too fast to catch.

Oooooh! I second this idea! Like the bugs in starship troopers only more high-tech.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wait, FTL in this setting operates in the form of a field surrounding the craft to circumvent the requirement of infinite energy. That would mean the asteroid would have no appreciable momentum with which to billiard ball Raumen worlds with, right?

... what would happen if we switched off the FTL engines and shut down the field while the vessel was still at super-luminal speeds?

Oh well. I'll settle for launching cloaked asteroids at a respectable fraction of light-speed.

I hope some light will be shed upon the speed of our sublight engines (and the other races' engines). Hopefully we've at least reached about 0.25c.

juggernaut

Educated
What is our wyrmhole tech actually like? Can we make them wherever we want, as big as we want? Can we cause enemy ships to fly into stars? Can we make incoming missiles go somewhere else? Can we teleport troops around planets?

TNO

Augur
Redundant vote, but C. No picking fights without at least having some idea about the people you'll be fighting against. It doesn't look like the Raumen are in a position to screw us, and the Phyr look like they're in trouble.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
treave said:
It is things like this that made you admiral, admiral.

Angthoron

Arcane
The Phyrries didn't have FTL - our initial encounter showed that their vessels were much, much slower than ours. At least so I've understood that, and the fact that they're not a very developed race as space-faring races go.

That does beg the question of how they actually get around then, if they don't have either of the "conventional" means. Perhaps giant turds are their colony ships.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom