Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Curse of Monkey Island

How does The Curse of Monkey Island compare to the rest of the series?

• It's the best game of the series.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • It's on par with the first two games.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • It's worse than the first two but better than the last two.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shit is shit - it's as bad as the last two.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Azrael the cat said:
Is there a mouse support patch for that game? I know it's lame, but every time I try to play it the controls keep on screwing me:-(
I know of no such thing. The controls annoyed me for a while, then I got used to them.
My main problem with Grim is that I am only able to play it on my old 2001 Win Me(h) PC. Tried several guides to run it under Vista or under Ubuntu+Wine, to no avail.

onemananadhisdroid said:
The art style is tailor-made for low poly count, actually....If you dig around a bit, you'll find Schafer interviews on this where he says that he thought of polygon shapes when he stumbled upon Mexican masks of death or similar.
This puts things into perspective. Thanks.

Just tried it, won't work. Apparently GF doesn't use SCUMM. Well, thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I remember that the first time I played Grim Fandango, I didn't know when the introduction was over since the graphics in the game are really similar. I waited 10 seconds with Mani in his office, wondering why nothing was happening, until I tried moving him ...

Divinity: Original Sin
The Vanished One said:
Just tried it, won't work. Apparently GF doesn't use SCUMM. Well, thanks for the suggestion anyway.

You won't be able to run GF in vista with modern graphic cards, unless you play it on software mode. And with compatibility mode set to win98.

you may try this:

http://quick.mixnmojo.com/software

the have new installers and launchers for monkey 4 and grim fandango.

You may also try this in the future:

http://residual.sourceforge.net/

It's a scummvm-like project, initially for GrimE engine, the one used in Grim fandango and escape from monkey island. Not ready yet, but promising.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom