Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Problem with Bellkeepers is that the reward for killing an invader is too useful, and thus people do it just to farm chunks, as opposed to the fun of PvP. Lockstones are more of a "flavor" reward, so ratbros are more likely to just want to have fun with the way their covenant works, which I think is allright. My universal experience with Bellkeepers past a certain SL is that the first one simply runs away until a second one spawns, and oftentimes they even wait for a third before making any kind of offensive move. It's just really fucking boring at that point.

Murk

Arcane
The other thing is that a rat-victim loses nothing (not even human status or souls) but a bell victim gets a full death. The worst part to me is when I'm just trying to kill the fuggin gargoyles. I started to farm offline, but I'm too lazy to switch to offline just to run to the damn boss.

I bitch, but it's not a big deal really. Part of the game. Just wish mofuggas had some gatdamn HONOR if ya know what I mean.

Got summoned by a rat in saint's grave on my fisticuffs char. I beat the shit out of her 3 times over as she kept healing all while dodging her fucking rats. Then, after a running attack bounces off of a goddamn wall she kills me and has the nerve to do the "no no" emote. Bitch, please.

I keep, to my dismal failure, trying to show nubs where the sekkkrits are but the fuckers refuse to just press the damn interaction button and insist on hitting the wall. They all probably think I'm trolling them =(

Not sure if this is optimal, but the weird leech face-hugger things in Black Gulch seem to drop chunks pretty frequently and are very easy to kill (especially if you just burn the oil). Annoying to clear out the statues the first time, but as long as you don't warp and only walk back to the bonfire they stay destroyed.

Of the 7 I'd kill I was average 2 per 'run', tho sometimes it was a large shard. Only had the +1 gold serpent ring and a prisoner's hood, so the +2 or the waistcloth could only help.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Eh, the 2 vs 1 fights in the belltower are what makes it so goddamn fun! I've never been so pumped up than to actually win against the odds, with only a melee weapon and no faggy spells. Plus, if the guys prove to be douchebags, remember to use the terrain against them and that you can estus while they cant.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I only fought ratfaggets twice on NG, and both were underleveled and underequipped. Doors of Pharos is BS, you can get shot from ladder and so, but grave is not a problem if you clean first room fast and not allow yourself to be lured in the corridor. I've met a very friendly guy there, he even waved to me. At DoP I was backstabbed with a rapier multiple times while trying to fight off rats near ladder, but I proved to be too fat for that PK'er anyway.

I'm not interested in leveling any of those covenants. Silky stones? Helmet from Dishonored? Meh.

The other thing is that a rat-victim loses nothing (not even human status or souls) but a bell victim gets a full death.
Just rush 'em with ring of binding.

Last edited:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So guys, Aldia's Keep. I got the 'key to the mansion' but all I found was one room with a beast in a cage. There were messages about some secret passage but I threw a firebomb at the designated barrel and found no secret. Is this all there's to it? One room?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yeah, but this doesn't require the key. I guess I wasn't clear in my question. The only thing this key you get from the acid gives you is access to a single room with next to no loot? (And the option to circumvent a trap?)

praetor

Arcane
Yeah, but this doesn't require the key. I guess I wasn't clear in my question. The only thing this key you get from the acid gives you is access to a single room with next to no loot? (And the option to circumvent a trap?)
yes

Stonewolf

Augur

That key allows you to go around certain parts instead of head-on plus a bit of loot and thats it.

man i'm really fookin disappointed my smelter LARP is complete garbage. I thought I was gonna be a legend in Iron Keep Alley, a fookin legend, but alas. the 2HR2 of smelter's sword seems incredibly strong but it cant hit anything for shit, certainly not in pvp. i think it does the same damage as the sunfire/supernova thing navlaan gives you

naaah you just need to
git gud with it;)

:yeah:

Shadenuat

Arcane
81144532.jpg
:killit:

Borelli

Arcane
Just finished DS2 with a warrior using halberds. My thoughts:
-areas feel disjointed and arbitrary, sure DS1 had gameplay over story when it comes to areas but DS2 goes even farther than that, i stopped caring when the forest led me to a swamp/windmill which went further on to lava castle.
-bosses are on average weaker than DS1 however every level has at least one tough fight with regular enemies, for example the 4 ninjas something undead before the purgatory is one hell of a fight
-bosses for the sake of bosses, lots of them optional
-even worse difficulty curve than DS1, only 1 estus, weak shields, hp loss makes early game even harder while not changing late game that much
-they don't even bother with the story, at the start you get straight up told "kill 4 guys then finish the game", the only plot point that i found interesting was between the king and the giants
-Ornstein :D

Final grade: More of The Same/10 would play again.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Decided not to pass on Belfry Luna this time, since everyone seems about same level and have their builds finished ALL WEAR HAVEL SHIELD RESONANT SOULS WEAPONS SIZE OF A STREET LAMP PYROMANCY AVELLYN MAGIC WASHING POLES--
Trying to show my HONOR of course, fighting 1 on 1, but then sunbladed grandlance rush in a corridor 5 feet wide, hard to talk about honor...

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Honor.. code word for penis... in RPG Codex... Grandlance... exceptional honor...

Updated my journal.

just met somebody in the BoB arena doing this. it was glorious and super fun :)

That glitch is fucking hilarious.

Some batfog dude kept disconnecting everytime I invaded and dealt any damage a few days ago. Last night he invaded me (rank 3 blue aura) and proceeded to spam this glitch to run away and heal every time I smashed him with a club. Poor dude just wanted to backstab but jester's robes say no-no.

On a related note - Syan's Halberd is the new meta. No parry all rollstab 180 degree hitbox. Suddenly everyone is rocking it. It's just so fucking easy to win just poking people mid-roll completely out of range.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
On a related note - Syan's Halberd is the new meta. No parry all rollstab 180 degree hitbox. Suddenly everyone is rocking it. It's just so fucking easy to win just poking people mid-roll completely out of range.

Immune to Monastery Scimitar, pretty sweet. How does it compete with Santier's Spear, Resonant Katanas, and Avelyn?

praetor

Arcane

yup. it's hilarious how good the weapon is (OP, i'd say). i was using it for the first time yesterday and the only match i lost was when i overlooked a sun's ring user and got exploded just as i landed the killing blow. it's not even fun how easy it is to win with this thing (but i need mah rank 1 for the shitty twinblade on this character!)

Murk

Arcane
Definitely, or at least to do less fuggin' damage to you. Currently it does more damage to the caster than to the enemy. Maybe increased range? I donno, something to make it better than the poison buff the fuggin butterfly suit gives you.

Murk

Arcane
Oh shit, I forgot about that haha -- yeah, some spells are mad retarded in their pre-reqs.

Meanwhile, you can buy GSR (8 castings IIRC) less than 10 minutes into the game without 'speed running'.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom