Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

and here is launch trailer made by FROM SOFTWARE AND NOT BY THOSE FAGGOTS FROM NAMCO HENTAI CIRCLEJERK

Kanedias

Savant
I just started playing and idk what people say about the graphics, this blows Dark Souls out of the water. The first area at least looks fantastic and the lightning is great.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I just started playing and idk what people say about the graphics, this blows Dark Souls out of the water. The first area at least looks fantastic and the lightning is great.

Who cares how it fucking looks, is it fun? Did you die yet?

I'm going to see how fast I can kill myself when I first play.

Kanedias

Savant
I saw some really strong enemies and I was like "Oh, I can beat them with my hand axe, like I beat Vanguard in Demon's Souls". Nope.

Anyways I'll go play it again.

Kanedias

Savant
I picked up Bonfire Ascetic as my starting gift.

Description:
Fire exhibits a connection to the curse,
and when the flames grow stronger,
so does the curse

Can't wait until we unravel the lore.

DragoFireheart

I plan to start as Explorer. They have really good starting stats.

I heard the pre-order items are ass.

Avellion

Erudite
Still waiting on the PC version to come out. No biggie, means that Dark Souls wont get in the way of the exams. But I will probably avoid any and all Dark Souls 2 discussion until then. I do not want to know where I can find a weapon. I want to be thrown into the world, devoid of both equipment (playing as Deprived) and knowledge.

But man, the hype and excitement will be hard to contain

CVG: 10/10
VideoGamer: 10/10
US Gamer: 5/5
GameInformer: 9.75/10
AusGamers: 9.6/10
Famitsu: 9/10/9/9
M!Games: 90%
IGN: 9/10
Gamespot: 9/10
Destructoid: 9/10
Polygon 9/10
Eurogamer: 9/10
Edge: 9/10
Gamereactor(Spain): 9/10
Press-Start: 9/10
OPM(UK): 9/10
Gamesradar 4.5/5
Escapist: 4.5/5
HardcoreGamer: 4.5/5
EGM: 8.5/10
OXM: 8/10
Rev3: 4/5
Kotaku: Yes

Edit: No I do not care about scores. Afterall, Oblivion scored really well and that game was terrible. But it is nice to see journalists not minding some more punishing games from time to time.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Same here, don't really want to get hyped and wait a bit more. Need to unlplug my internet perhaps or play Diablo 3 to kill my remaining braincells till PC version come out.

praetor

Arcane
Edit: No I do not care about scores. Afterall, Oblivion scored really well and that game was terrible. But it is nice to see journalists not minding some more punishing games from time to time.

:lol:

journalists "mind" whatever the suits with the $$$ tell them to mind

anyway, at least a week before i can play it :( (that's for wanting the CE, goddamnit)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
No I do not care about scores. Afterall, Oblivion scored really well and that game was terrible. But it is nice to see journalists not minding some more punishing games from time to time.
I don't give a damn about those scores, some of them are just jumping on the bandwagon, trying to look legit. Is like those "TOP RPGs" list, where Skyrim is #1, but they list Pool orf Radiance at #98, because they totally played it and know about the old classics...

FFS, Destructoid didn't review Demon's Souls ("we couldn't beat it!"), and their review for Dark Souls was 7/10, with the reviewer AGAIN not even finishing the game... Now, as the game gains popularity, they all start talking about how they loved the first games, 9/10, how challenge is awesome and praising it like the best thing ever... until Derp Age 3 comes along and it gets 10/10.

Kanedias

Savant
I plan to start as Explorer. They have really good starting stats.

I heard the pre-order items are ass.

They sell a better shield in Majula for 1500 souls.
You can also find what's basically the same shield (with minor stat differences) at one of the starting areas. So yeah.

Btw Majula's art direction is even better when you play the game. I really love that place.

Castanova

Prophet
Do we have more information about the stats yet w.r.t soft caps and stuff? Like, does it work the same as Dark Souls, soft capping at 40?

EDIT: nvm, found this on a wiki:

Diminishing returns on stats:
vigor start 30 hp per level until 20
then 20 per level until 50, after that its 5 hp per level until 99
endurance gives two points per level until 20 then 1 point per level up until 99
vitality gives 1.5 points of equip load until 29 then 1 point until 49 then 0.5 points until 79, then 0.5 every two levels until 99.
atunement slot 1 at 10, slot 2 at 13, slot 3 at 16, slot 4 at 20, slot 5 at 25 slot,slot 6 at 30,slot 7 at 40, slot 8 at 50, slot 9 at 60, slot 10 at 75 (no slots after 75)
adaptibility 3 to 10 gives 3 points of agility
10 to 20 gives 7 points
20 to 30 gives 8 points
30 to 40 is 7 points
40 to 99 is 6 points
atk str atk dex and the elemental BNS caps at 200
Examining the damage shows that the softcap for spells/ physical damage is 40 str/dex/int/faith again.

WalmartJesus

Learned
No I do not care about scores. Afterall, Oblivion scored really well and that game was terrible. But it is nice to see journalists not minding some more punishing games from time to time.
I don't give a damn about those scores, some of them are just jumping on the bandwagon, trying to look legit. Is like those "TOP RPGs" list, where Skyrim is #1, but they list Pool orf Radiance at #98, because they totally played it and know about the old classics...

FFS, Destructoid didn't review Demon's Souls ("we couldn't beat it!"), and their review for Dark Souls was 7/10, with the reviewer AGAIN not even finishing the game... Now, as the game gains popularity, they all start talking about how they loved the first games, 9/10, how challenge is awesome and praising it like the best thing ever... until Derp Age 3 comes along and it gets 10/10.

Mainstream Reviewers are a bunch of sheep. I remember back in the day, they'd tear the King's Field games to shreds in reviews (which is ironic,seeing how they bashed KF for most of the same reasons they praised Dark Souls).Of course now that The Souls games are huge, these same spineless pussies will bring up how "King's Field and Shadow Tower are such cult classics that they adored" :roll:

Mortmal

Arcane
Demon souls was not widely known either , although its , in my opinion, even harder than dark souls .I never heard much of king field and shadow tower too.

I gave up and ordered the PS3 version, just cant simply wait another month.Now is maxing adaptablity the new cookie cutter build ? From what i read on charts knight and explorer have the best cap on this . I bet its probably not the best for pvp but i dont want a glass cannon to discover the game with.

DragoFireheart

Demon souls was not widely known either , although its , in my opinion, even harder than dark souls .I never heard much of king field and shadow tower too.

I gave up and ordered the PS3 version, just cant simply wait another month.Now is maxing adaptablity the new cookie cutter build ? From what i read on charts knight and explorer have the best cap on this . I bet its probably not the best for pvp but i dont want a glass cannon to discover the game with.

1. Demon's Souls is NOT harder than Dark Souls.

2. Treat adaptability like you would Endurance in Dark Souls 1: important and every class needs it.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I played Dark Souls first and found Demon's Souls quite a bit harder, spent fucking days trying to get through the Tower of Latria after I accidentally set world tendency to pure black. :negative: I mean, yeah, okay, I had world tendency on pure black, but that's more the standout moment than the only bit I found harder.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I also found Demon's Souls way harder. That massive staircase full of red-eyed knight was fucking hell... I feels as the levels were harder, but the bosses easier next to Dark Souls.

Avellion

Erudite
I found both Demons and Dark souls to be punishing but easy. In Demons Souls I died less than 5 times in the first playthrough. If you made a mistake you would probably die, but making mistakes was pretty hard and the invulnerability from the dodge action made me clear multiple bosses without ever taking damage. Not to mention Warding, a spell that made me practically invulnerable to most enemies.

Of the two though, I found Dark Souls to be more challenging than Demons Souls.

Mortmal

Arcane

1. Demon's Souls is NOT harder than Dark Souls.

2. Treat adaptability like you would Endurance in Dark Souls 1: important and every class needs it.

Well i have not finished demon souls yet although i explored a good bit. Dark souls has more convenient bonfires , not so far from bosses, and more important more people to help... its easy get some summon before bosses while in demon souls theres no one .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom