Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Dig

The Dig...

• Total voters
The Dig really made VGA graphics shine. What a beauty, even after all these years I'm amazed by what they achieved here. How they managed to get that glowing effect is pure magic for me...

700257-the-dig-dos-screenshot-more-caves-more-panels-it-can-t-be.png

700254-the-dig-dos-screenshot-gorgeous-effects-in-a-mysterious-ancient.png

-M-

Educated
Just finished this one. It's a decent adventure game but I wouldn't put it among LucasArts best. Starts off strong, if you can overlook Maggie, but then falls apart at the end.

I mention Maggie because she really needed a rewrite. It makes little sense to send "the world's most famous journalist" as part of the team to prevent a mass extinction event. It makes less sense to put her in charge of the nuclear bombs to be used to prevent that event. And it makes even less sense than that for her to actually do nothing to participate other than follow along and make no mention of it later.

You think maybe she's brought along because the possibility of aliens, but the commander has orders to lockdown communications at any sign of contact and Maggie, who of course is strictly against censorship, unsurprisingly whines at not being able to get a story out.

Someone really wanted to push the journalist angle here and it really doesn't fit into the game at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom