Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review The Dragon Knight Saga Does Fairly Well

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Lesifoere said:
I appreciate all the weird little things like the rabbit (in retrospect: lolwut, and yeah I also frantically followed it while aggroing a train of mobs), the dungeons, the bright orange levers sticking out of random patches of grass (why, why orange? Why do they look so pasted on?). I do appreciate that. But it's only fun the first time around, and as someone attempting to replay because she lost the savegame, it's a knife-scraping-glass experience. Set the teeth on edge.

Ok yeah, I can see how that might suck. Doubt I'll replay it either - not for a very long while anyway. I mean, I havn't seen too much in the way of C&C, so I guess the only incentive would be to try different builds, but I don't think that's enough.

Still, one fun playthrough is all I really expect from a game these days.... errr... actually, that's a bit much too expect from most games so that's gotta be a plus in DD2's favor.
:incline:

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
DalekFlay said:
AlaCarcuss said:
I will buy FoV when the time comes (I'm still fairly early into the ED part of DKS) - my only concern now will be savegame compatibility?

Saves are fine with FoV... DKS is the one where saves are exclusive to it. That said there is a patch releasing any day now that turns ED + FoV into DKS for those who want that and DKS saves will be compatible with that.

So... if you are playing DKS but want to use those saves on ED + FoV you will need to apply the patch that turns those two into DKS.

And then shoot acronym man in the fucking face.

Yeah, I pulled the trigger on FoV but I'll wait till the patch before I install it over ED then. I'll just continue on with DKS till then... thanks for the heads-up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom