Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
who_gives_a_shit.gif

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Update 4 is on its way to ESO with tough new challenges. The mysterious tale of Craglorn continues as you and your friends explore a new region of the Adventure Zone and take on the new Trial that awaits you there. You’ll also find a new kind of challenge for your group: the Dragonstar Arena is ready to put the toughest heroes to the test. Watch the video now and prepare for new quests, delves, Trials, and much more in Update 4, slated to launch in September.

No PvP changes announced yet, might come in October/November.

Could this be the Wildstar killer?

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I don't think it will happen until after the console release. If it did, it would draw attention to the PC version's failure to keep subscribers and adversely impact sales.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
If the $200 million development costs rumor was not true then it's kind of good, unfortunately.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
As a F2P game I would be all over this. I've suppressed the urge to resub for now.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
C'MON FFS WE ARE GIVING U NEW PETS

teslol.jpg

WHY AREN'T U STAYING SUBS.
PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Unfortunately, whatever they're doing is working. :(

I just want it to start flopping and go F2P. I really liked the combat and I don't even know why.

Avellion

Erudite
They're also making the game more like Skyrim!

S2sgkEn.jpg
Seems like they are just tacking on system after system to their game, not really sure what their original vision was anymore...

I guess the game truly is worthy of the Elder Scrolls name now.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

I just want it to start flopping and go F2P. I really liked the combat and I don't even know why.

The game felt good, especially after the floaty awful shit that was guildwars 2 and wildstar. Those veteran ranks were fucking awful though.

Avellion

Erudite

The game felt good, especially after the floaty awful shit that was guildwars 2 and wildstar. Those veteran ranks were fucking awful though.
For all the trashing I do to the game, I have to give the game credit for at least making magicka, stamina or hell, any resource management relevant again. Far too many modern mmos remove any form of resource management entirely, and those that do keep them have them be so irellevant you might as well not even have them.

This in turn results in combat that is more than just mash whatever skill that isnt on cooldown. Which certainly was the case with Guild Wars 2 and maybe WildStar (I am surprised I even got to level 30 in that game).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Active player numbers have reportedly plummeted over the past two weeks, likely because "customize your guild banner!" wasn't enough of a draw for a major content update. PvP battlegrounds have also been merged, 3-1 ratio.

Just for posterity, the official patch notes for the first content patch (late May) have 163.2k views, those for the second (late June) 103.5k views, and those for the third (mid-August) 52.6k views.

Here's the content of the next major update, planned for late September:

In this update, we’ve added the upper region of Craglorn for you to explore (six new group delves and three new group instances), plus a new Trial – Sanctum Ophidia. We’ve also added the Dragonstar Arena where you’ll be challenged to defeat 10 stages of monsters with a group of 4. The Veteran Rank cap has also been raised to VR14 to account for these new encounters.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

The layoffs at ZeniMax Online were confirmed by Pete Hines, vice president of PR and marketing at publisher Bethesda Softworks.

"As is the norm for games of this type, we had ramped up a large workforce to develop a game of vast scale, and ramped up our customer service to handle the expected questions and community needs of The Elder Scrolls Online at launch," he said in a statement sent to Joystiq. "Now that we are nearly 6 months post launch, we have a thriving online community in a game that runs smoothly."

"We remain strongly committed to The Elder Scrolls Online, and continue to invest heavily to develop new content for PC players, prepare the game for its console launch, and handle our planned expansion into important international territories," he said.

So they lost enough subs to not need the CS staff anymore I guess.
Win-win, guise.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Still enjoying this night after night. As a single player game it is ridiculously, insanely long.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom