Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Fall publisher drama

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Fall: Last Days of Gaia; Silver Style

Silver Style's post-apoc RPG The Fall is apparently running into some trouble with publishers. Here's what RPGDot had to say.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>German PC Games is reporting that Bigben Interactive has revoked the distribution agreement with Silver Style regarding the SciFi RPG 'The Fall'. Bigben said that it wishes to concentrate its efforts on the console peripheral and budget market. 'The Fall' will now be published by Deep Silver (a Koch Media label) in German-speaking territories. The game remains scheduled for a November 5 release.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Just when you get good news like "The Fall won't get published!" you get really bad news like "They found a new publisher!" At least they still don't have anyone for North America.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at <a href=http://www.duckandcover.cx>Duck and Cover</a> who spotted it at <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPGDot</a> who spotted it at <a href=http://www.pcgames.de>PCGames.de</a>. Sheesh...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Hey, that's a little harsh. I don't expect the game to be much but Bigben is making a huge mistake, and besides we could use an RPG.

Seven

Erudite
I wonder if Bigben actually sold the publishing rights, or if they had to find a new publisher. I think it's the former rather than the latter.

Stark

Liturgist
I'm actually looking forward to this game. it's been a miserable year of rpg gaming for me.

I dun suppose they announce international version release date? is the Nov 5 international release date or German only?

Surlent

Liturgist
What's the point in publisher paying develeoper to make a game when they're not going to release it ? Or do they pay after the release ?

Anonymous

Exitium said:
Hey, that's a little harsh. I don't expect the game to be much but Bigben is making a huge mistake, and besides we could use an RPG.

Why could we use a shitty RPG?

You're going lame.

What's next, praising the next BioWare game? Oh wait..

Dhruin

Liturgist
Silver Style is self-financed and is self-publishing in German territories. This is simply the distribution itself and I understand SSE instigated the change.

Bobbin

Novice
Maybe in six weeks when the game is out I can understand the bashing in here. Until then I also join the "looking forward" leagues because TF sounds much more RPG than a damn lot of the RPG-labelled games released lately.

However, Bigben didn't just drop The Fall, they don't want to publish any more major titles in general. Instead they will focus on hardware and budget titles, just as they did before. They picked up some nice titles like R-Type Final but obviously niche titles have their problems on every platform, even a brand like R-Type didn't sell.

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
Why is it 'good news' that a game won't be published? How about you just don't fucking buy the game and to hell with whether or not it gets published?

Oh, right, Carsten dared to try to get some of Fallout's juice so now we should all wish financial doom and failure on him.

Bobbin

Novice
Vidder said:
Suck on this!

http://ftp2.gamigo.de/ftp1_1/redaktion/ ... railer.zip

(you have to register, but believe me its worth it)

That trailer is simply great. Just watched it and for me this 'feels' absolutely right. Jumping with your party into vehicles, driving around the wastelands, fighting of old rusty ships and the question of 'Do you allow your body to be eaten after your death?' in the character creation - well, it all seems nicely put together. I personally can't wait for it, although some of the textures and animations may not be up to Doom 3 (who cares).

mr. lamat

Liturgist
i'm sure she'd love you gently... which is more than i can say for you and the fall.

give it a chance, spazzy. it'll be way more fun to rape and pillage silver style's good name after the game comes out.

Spazmo

Erudite
I gave Soldiers of Anarchy a chance. That's $30 I'll never see again. I probably should have noticed that the game had been marked down five or six times in the month it'd been on shelves, but I was foolish and hopeful.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Have to admit the trailer was pretty interesting. Didn't show all that much gameplay and the world looks rather drab (intenionally I'm sure), but I was sort of impressed by the vehichle physics. Worth checking out.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Is there a place you can download the trailer without registering with anybody? I kind of want to check it out too.

Odin

Novice
Yeah, worthplaying and fileshack has the trailer.. no registration needed (not sure about fileshack tho).

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom