Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Goddamn Batman: Arkham City thread

Drakron

Arcane
I already seen videos of gameplay, Here is my impressions so far ...

Even if its "Open world" there are too many closed doors (building props), at least Asylum made full use of the map as in this case you have buildings you cannot go in ... ever.

Too much shit to do ... serious, the game just throws side missions at you and keeps throwing them at you, also its annoying to hear "HELP ME!" and have no idea who the fuck is screaming and WERE he is.

Combat seems to be the same, they did smart up and put termal goggles on some thugs but having a upgrade that makes then useless.

Boss fights ... well I have to say I liked Mister Freeze Boss Fight but Ra al Ghul was too much QTE for me to take (and knowing how much I suck at them, its the deal breaker ... not getting it).

Also speaking of character who the fuck DOESNT show up in this? I mean we have the Oracle on this one (and being Jello about Talia) and if there is a Batman: Arkham Bathroom or something if they remove Asylum and City cast ... there are not that many left.

Also I seen the end movie that is spoilerific and I know what Protocol 10 is ... not going to say it but I guess some of you can figured out how it ends.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Drakron said:
I already seen videos of gameplay, Here is my impressions so far ...

Even if its "Open world" there are too many closed doors (building props), at least Asylum made full use of the map as in this case you have buildings you cannot go in ... ever.
asylum had quite a few doors that would never open and rooms you could not get into. not being able to open every door or get inside all buildings is no biggie in an open world game as long as there is enough other stuff to satisfy explorers.

Drakron

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
... in an open world game as long as there is enough other stuff to satisfy explorers.

City is about 5 times bigger that Asylum and there are not that many interiors, I think its even about on par with Asylum.

But it does not feel to be to be as well build as Asylum, its just that they made it Larger-Bigger but not better, adding a ton of shit and making the maps bigger does not make it better.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So in addition to pre-order benefits (which I'm only just now hearing about), apparently those who buy it new get some extra shit with catwoman (additional segments of the game, new challenges and new riddler puzzles). Of course if you rent it or borrow it from a friend, you can still get this content...for a price.

Even though I'd much rather rent it and play it on a console and I know that just like the first game it will be better optimized for a controller, bullshit like this makes me seriously consider pirating it on PC so that I can get everything, and for free. Goddamnit.

I suppose the other option is to wait for a PS3 GOTY edition in couple of years, as that seems to be the norm these days for any game that has DLC (and what game doesn't have DLC these days?). I DO have a lot of other games to play, so that's still a legit option.

I also torrented the PC version of The Saboteur rather than play on the preferred console and deal with that nudity patch bullshit that they fucking CHARGE for when it comes automatically uncensored on PC. Suck it down, publishers.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Dicksmoker said:
I also torrented the PC version of The Saboteur rather than play on the preferred console and deal with that nudity patch bullshit that they fucking CHARGE for when it comes automatically uncensored on PC. Suck it down, publishers.
fuck you for that. saboteur was a good game that deserved being bought and having a sequel.

Deleted member 7219

SuicideBunny said:
Dicksmoker said:
fuck you for that. saboteur was a good game that deserved being bought and having a sequel.

This place is full of cunts who pirate good games instead of buying them. They'll never change. Many of them are self-righteous too, which is even worse.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
i do pirate games and am self-righteous about it too, because i actually buy those i end up enjoying or playing for very long, despite seemingly not enjoying it very much.

Bruticis

Matt7895 said:
SuicideBunny said:
Dicksmoker said:

This place is full of cunts who pirate good games instead of buying them. They'll never change. Many of them have a sense of self entitlement too, which is even worse.
Fixed it for you! I mean seriously, the issue is you're pissed off because you can't have all the stupid, shitty DLC they throw at various retailers to promote their product for free? That's it, that's why you steal it?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
SuicideBunny said:
Dicksmoker said:
Fuck you. If you're okay with the principle of censorship or you don't mind paying extra for something that you should have gotten for free in the original package, that's your issue; but don't go attacking those who happened to take a more principled stand on the subject.

Bruticis

Dicksmoker said:
Fuck you. If you're okay with the principle of censorship or you don't mind paying extra for something that you should have gotten for free in the original package, that's your issue; but don't go attacking those who happened to take a more principled stand on the subject.
Yeah, that's bullshit and I've got no beef with it but your rant on the various pre-order crap DLCs for Batman is weak.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Bruticis said:
Fixed it for you! I mean seriously, the issue is you're pissed off because you can't have all the stupid, shitty DLC they throw at various retailers to promote their product for free? That's it, that's why you steal it?
The issue is that it is completely wrong and immoral for them to charge to uncensor the original censorship. Surely you can see the logic behind that?

curry

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:

aw3hax.gif

Bruticis

Dicksmoker said:
Bruticis said:
The issue is that it is completely wrong and immoral for them to charge to uncensor the original censorship. Surely you can see the logic behind that?

Yeah, sorry, I should have quoted your original rant about the pre-order crap but I was being lazy. I'm with you on The Saboteur issue but not down with your DLC views and Batman. Most of that stuff (the pre-order DLC garbage) is complete shit that some intern comes up with so they can get Best Buy to open at midnight and put an ad about their game in the weekly flyers.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Bruticis said:
Dicksmoker said:
Yeah, that's bullshit and I've got no beef with it but your rant on the various pre-order crap DLCs for Batman is weak.
I was talking more about the specific DLC geared toward "new purchases." From the sound of it, it's significant additions, not just random shit. Do you not believe that every copy of the game, regardless of whether you buy, rent, or borrow, should have the same content? That you should actually be able to get the full game? If you really can't see why that should be the case, there's no arguing with you.

For an analogy, imagine you buy a used movie and there are a few scenes missing which you'd have to pay extra to "unlock." I think everyone would agree that that's bullshit. It's the same fucking principle.

Game publishers need to grow the fuck up. Not everyone is willing to pay full price for their games. Guess what - they're fucking expensive. Yet they seem to go on thinking that they can change human nature and force more people to buy their games, when it actually almost always has the opposite effect. I can't stop them from being stupid, but I can vote with my dollar on the issue, or in this case lack of one.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Bruticis said:
Yeah, sorry, I should have quoted your original rant about the pre-order crap but I was being lazy. I'm with you on The Saboteur issue but not down with your DLC views and Batman. Most of that stuff (the pre-order DLC garbage) is complete shit that some intern comes up with so they can get Best Buy to open at midnight and put an ad about their game in the weekly flyers.
I think you have me confused with someone else on the first page.

Bruticis

Well, color me stupid, I thought you were bitching about the confusing array of options from various retailers (and there are a bunch of stupid choices it seems) and felt entitled to the same choices from every retailer.
It's hard for me to debate the used issue because I don't like used stuff. I'm a hoarder and it's near impossible for me to let go of my games, much less buy them used. Last time I looked at a used game it was like 5-10 bucks cheaper, not worth it IMO.
I can't really fault publishers for doing everything they can to make maximum bucks, i.e. discouraging those dirty 2nd hand buyers. I'm going to assume they don't think the average used game buyer will buy the game new and thus they aren't losing any sales by pissing them off... but that's just wild assumption on my part.

hoopy

Savant
Making the process of buying a game into such a clusterfuck that piracy becomes a better option is not, in my humble opinion, the most optimal method of increasing sales.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Dicksmoker said:
the pc version came with midnight show already on the disk, you fucking stupid twat.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Probably the funniest part about all this is when you discover that it's the rich and priviledge kids who feel entitled to get stuff for free and will take any intellectual shortcut to justify it.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
SuicideBunny said:
Dicksmoker said:
the pc version came with midnight show already on the disk, you fucking stupid twat.
And that's why I torrented the PC version, you dumb fucker.

I didn't consider it worth buying beforehand on either platform. What I was willing to do was shell out 8 bucks for a console rental. But since I was robbed of that, and since you can't rent PC games, torrenting the PC version was the only viable option. Get off your high horse. If they had simply made the uncensor mod free (or better yet, never censored the game in the first place) none of this would have been an issue.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
i shall never abandon any horse, high or low!
it was standard anti-used-game-sales dlc bullshit and out of those it was pretty much the mildest one ever.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Dicksmoker said:
Even though I'd much rather rent it and play it on a console and I know that just like the first game it will be better optimized for a controller, bullshit like this makes me seriously consider pirating it on PC so that I can get everything, and for free. Goddamnit.

Why not just do both?

I'm picking up the 360 version tomorrow (pre-order) and will play it till the PC version (+ DLC) is on TPB, then returning (or trading) it. Simple. :smug:

Of course, dragging myself away from Dark Souls is another matter. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom