Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Japs do everything better

The Japanese control the RPG business

• Yes

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • Larian will save us

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

Readher

Savant
Y4k1Ai2.jpeg
these people just want "cinematic experiences"
"Skip out on pointless cutscenes"

"Eliminate separate battle screens" (the transition to them is literally a cutscene)

Meanwhile, you:
"These people just want cinematic experiences"

This is your brain on japslop.

WULlCv2.jpeg

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
The person who moved this thread needs to be questioned. It belongs in GRPG. I'm tired of those faggots thinking they're better when they have nothing but decades old games to show for. Admirable, but fuck these cunts. Your new games suck ass.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Why do the Japanese make RPG's where everyone is a retardedly dressed teenager?
The life of the average Japanese drone revolves around highschool because that's the only handful of years where they experience any sort of "freedom".
They also require the emotional incontinence of puberty to properly read situations because they're also autistic.
And that freedom is half an hour a night to play NES games because the rest of the time you're in some form of cram school. They're sub human garbage living literal bug lives but some people are so pathetic they worship any culture that isn't their own. I wish people would wake up and realize worshiping any foreign nation and putting it above your own people is Jewish trickery of the highest order.
Also where are the Japanese strategy games?
They do a lot of anime cross over strategy games. Fire Emblem type crap but it's your waifu faggotry mixed in with 80s characters. Official fanfics with bare bones gameplay and very over animated attacks.

We'll ignore Diablo IV for now, since Blizzard can't seem to do anything right these days.
Is Diablo 4 even bad? I played the demo for a while and didn't especially like it but it's hard to call it unplayable. In terms of a casual game you play in the evening to unwind it's perfectly acceptable. The Diablo genre has struggled to match Diablo 2 and I can't think of any modern one that doesn't fall behind it as well. It's a less is more genre and the more they add the worse it becomes. It's mindless clicking in various forms and I think D4 does that as well as any non D2 game does.

JRPGs are near unplayable now. They've all become hallway simulators with half life style dialog or open worlds with literally nothing in them filled with completely useless dialog that pads out run time and does nothing of value. They're worse than modern western open world games by a long margin. Western open world games at least let you play the game in peace between main missions while JRPGs will lock you in an area with nothing to do but collect crafting material or follow the fetch quests. Neither of which offer any depth.

Reinhardt

Arcane
"Skip out on pointless cutscenes"

"Eliminate separate battle screens" (the transition to them is literally a cutscene)
but also "hire more voice actors!" "show how ebul ebuldoer kills aerith with ebul sword!"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
FromSoftware>>>>>>>>>>everything in the GRPG forum. And those cunts get to be selective. If there's a JRPG they like they will sure as hell suck it's dick and coninue pretending this subforum is a joke. Grow some balls and prove these games are better faggots.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
FromSoftware>>>>>>>>>>everything in the GRPG forum. And those cunts get to be selective. If there's a JRPG they like they will sure as hell suck it's dick and coninue pretending this subforum is a joke. Grow some balls and prove these games are better faggots.
You seem upset.

Besides the Japs are now copying Poland and the West when it comes to rpg design.

https://www.gamesradar.com/final-fa...rld-is-inspired-by-the-witcher-3-and-horizon/

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth's open world is inspired by The Witcher 3 and Horizon​

flyingjohn

Arcane
The average cycle of a codex dweeb:
-Find out above this site
-Post stuff in the JRPG section
-Start posting in the GRPG section demanding JRPG'S get treated equally
-Posts get moved back to the JRPG section
-Start screeching in the JRPG section
-Either quit the codex/only post in the Kat thread/make a rpg codex review once the mods are drunk enough to allow this

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Whatever. I did everything I could to not make this subforum a joke, many times. You cunts refuse to stand up for yourselves. This is the last time I ever stick my neck out for you worthless cunts. Burn in clown hell where you always belonged

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Git this. There is not a single "CRPG" by this sites' definition that can stand up to the OG Demon's Souls. I don't know what I'm arguing about anymore. Fuck you.

Reinhardt

Arcane
The average cycle of a codex dweeb:
-Find out above this site
-Post stuff in the JRPG section
-Start posting in the GRPG section demanding JRPG'S get treated equally
-Posts get moved back to the JRPG section
-Start screeching in the JRPG section
-Either quit the codex/only post in the Kat thread/make a rpg codex review once the mods are drunk enough to allow this
no one cares about crpg subforum except sdg. it's for walking simulators, shitty visual novels and potato trash. wanna talk about good games - go to jrpg subforum. wanna laugh at swen - crpg.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
To be fair to the Japanese they do make other good games. If I had to list the top three nations by video game quality it would probably be; 1. USA. 2. Japan. 3. UK.

Reinhardt

Arcane
codex likes to pretend it loves some ugly ancient shit like gothic or morrowind but in reality obsydian subforum has x10 more posts than piranha.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
GRPG doesn't deserve Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma. Drown and fester in a lake of piss and maggots you cunts. You never deserved any of it. You lie and steal and you're the reason 99% of games are SHIT

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
GRPG doesn't deserve Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma. Drown and fester in a lake of piss and maggots you cunts. You never deserved any of it. You lie and steal and you're the reason 99% of games are SHIT
Now this is some butthurt. The Japanese make good horror games. But RPGS, not so much.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Now this is some butthurt. The Japanese make good horror games. But RPGS, not so much.
japanese make great blobbers - the only kind of rpgs that matter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom