Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Express is now on iOS

• Thread starter Deleted member 7219
  • Start date

Deleted member 7219

The Codex has given the game a lot of love before, and you can still buy it over at GOG.com but now dotEMU have released a version for iOS. I bought it because I loved the game so much and it will be interesting to play on long, dull train journeys. Also, Jordan Mechner did an interview for The Guardian about it here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technolog...t-express-jordan-mechner-interview?CMP=twt_fd

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I really can't into playing complex games in tiny, portable screens, especially when outside... even my DS I only play at home.

Still, The Last Expreess is a great classic, good fun for you on your travels. :salute:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Codex has given the game a lot of love before, and you can still buy it over at GOG.com but now dotEMU have released a version for iOS. I bought it because I loved the game so much and it will be interesting to play on long, dull train journeys. Also, Jordan Mechner did an interview for The Guardian about it here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technolog...t-express-jordan-mechner-interview?CMP=twt_fd
Purists and die-hards of the original game may want to resist the temptation, as much of the fun of Last Express is in exploring and discovering alternative paths that don't necessarily lead you closer to winning. But with five to 20 hours of game play, we recognise that many iOS gamers would prefer a more streamlined experience, so we've made the hints available.
:hero:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I wish for a 1984 world where the word "streamlined" gets renamed "dumbdumbplusplus".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom