Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Retardo [The Less is More] Does trade aspect undermine RPGs design ?

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I recall making boring trips, carting tons of bullshit loot, to pawn in Baldurs Gate because some (necessary) items were so expensive. In fact, there are still items in that game I've never had the chance to use because I could never afford it even with my OCD looting. I'm sure this is true of other games I am too drunk to recall at the moment. Seig Heil Fag-Hitler.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Too many nazi shit, won't bother to read. Next time use relevant pictures not nazi shite to draw attention ffs. One bullshit image is enough, like 5 huge hitler crap with nazi symbols...fuck that shit.

:butthurt:

Although I agree the OP should have gone for more variety.

Master

Arbiter
Is there any RPG without trading? Afaik the closest would be Deus Ex. It seems half the time I spend in an RPG is on a trading screen, and I'm seriously getting sick of it.

mondblut

Arcane
How to spot a newfag who never ever saw a Goldbox game?

Hear him whine about "useless loot" in "modern games".

game_401.png

Master

Arbiter
Huh? Seriously, trading sucks. OP is right. It actually stops you from playing the game. Currently playing Dragon Age and you litteraly have to pay to continue playing this shit. It's retarded. If rather have it like DX, a dude offers you just one thing and you say yes or no.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom