Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fucking hell, the views on YouTube have almost doubled in 2 hours. By the end of the day it's definitely gonna be their most popular video on the channel. \

You gotta wonder if Feargus regrets selling before the announcement :lol:

Yeah:
While I'm excited (not in that sense) to see Tim & Leonard double-penetrate Todd with the release of this game, which let's admit, will be the inevitable result, I cannot help but regret that they couldn't release this game before being bought out by Microsoft.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like the facial expressions and lip synch. Somehow some games still do it terribly, when even Bloodlines managed quite well years back.

There are only 2 games in existence that manage good facial animations, Bloodlines and LA Noire.

Outer Worlds look however a level lower than those two in this aspect.
half life 2? vampires was based on source engine too.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Fucking hell, the views on YouTube have almost doubled in 2 hours. By the end of the day it's definitely gonna be their most popular video on the channel. \

Yeah:
While I'm excited (not in that sense) to see Tim & Leonard double-penetrate Todd with the release of this game, which let's admit, will be the inevitable result, I cannot help but regret that they couldn't release this game before being bought out by Microsoft.
still depend on the arrangement of their profit sharing with private division. if the profit sharing is fair, they could become CDprojekt sized if TOW is a massive success it is shaping up to be

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So, now that we know that the game is first-person and single-player, here's the next important question.

Did Obsidian implement Gamebryo-style physics in the Unreal engine, where you can pick up and move around anything, like in Bethesda RPGs? My bet is that they didn't, but I'd love to be surprised.

In Fallout 1, 2 we didn't need them, there will be stats, there will be pickable items, you don't need to pick up every coffe mug and throw it into the air.

Thonius

Arcane
We live in a world where Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarski announce a new game with funding from major publishers and our first reaction is suspicion and skeptisism. Imagine if this same announcement happened in 2010? Or 2005? What gumpy fucks have we become?
It's correct reaction. Remember they are here to get into your pockets, preferably with preorder and season passes. For all we know old names is just a marketing move. Don't be a tool and NPC.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Yeah:
still depend on the arrangement of their profit sharing with private division. if the profit sharing is fair, they could become CDprojekt sized if TOW is a massive success it is shaping up to be

Take-Two allowed them to keep the IP, so I doubt Obsidian would get significant royalties.

drgames

Scholar
We live in a world where Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarski announce a new game with funding from major publishers and our first reaction is suspicion and skeptisism. Imagine if this same announcement happened in 2010? Or 2005? What gumpy fucks have we become?

A world where Fallout 76 exists.
A world where Star Citizen exists.
A world where Ultima Ascendant exists.
A world where the gaming industry is filled with fucking autistic retards, who are proud to be autistic retards.
A world where the gaming companies are treating customers like shit, and the gaming journalist blames the latter.
A world where people are happy to keep funding kickstarted scams, despite the red flags.

So yeah, I have every reason in the world to be skeptical. I hope Obsidian release a good cRPG, I do not hold any grudges against Obsidian, but I won't preorder it or first-day buy it. We do not know what exactly is going on behind the doors.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Did Obsidian implement Gamebryo-style physics in the Unreal engine, where you can pick up and move around anything, like in Bethesda RPGs?
Most likely not,the engine looks very solid and fixed. I don't know if it is even possible in unreal engine.

That will be quite the butthurt. I could see this game becoming a franchise if they don't deliver a total pile of shit. I am curious if they will hold the right to it or it goes to the publisher.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
So yeah, unless obsidian/feargus botched it somehow (with broken release, etc) this seems to be a million hit already.

That and if they can keep the hype on until release whenever it is. The momentum is pure luck, they caught wave, now they will really have to be able to surf smoothly, then nail the landing.

Would be sad if they botched and fizzle the momentum. It is pretty interesting from business perspective alone.

Oracsbox

Anyway more importantly what do the female characters look like nude ?
Can we rape ?
Are their children in the game and can we kill them ?
Can we kill everyone ?
Basically can I be a complete bastard ?
Still prefer it if the game characters looked and dressed like this.
01db1b8bd437ed1a69e356d1fe5c8f27.jpg

tumblr_nhc7a9We3Q1qh583lo1_1280.jpg

367b39980efe9656222241a5a6ed7c56.jpg
I may need to get out more :D.

Oracsbox

Anyway more importantly what do the female characters look like nude ?
Can we rape ?
Are their children in the game and can we kill them ?
Can we kill everyone ?
Basically can I be a complete bastard ?
Still prefer it if the game characters looked and dressed like this.
01db1b8bd437ed1a69e356d1fe5c8f27.jpg

tumblr_nhc7a9We3Q1qh583lo1_1280.jpg

367b39980efe9656222241a5a6ed7c56.jpg
I may need to get out more :D.

There was no fanny or boobs showing who dared put that spoiler marker in.
:decline:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I had hoped the landscape would look more alien. The example that comes to mind is Morrowind with the mushroom forests, silt riders, and the shell-cities/homes. Granted, Arcanum looked familiar, but Tim/Leonard managed to put a unique spin on it.

I am anxious to hear about the RPG system and mechanics. Every new AAA game seems to have less and less to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom