Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tex Murphy The Pandora Directive 25th Anniversary remaster

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Your spam has absolutely nothing to do with this remaster project. Quit cluttering this thread up and causing people to think there are updates when there are not.

If you feel the need to spam a radio show maybe you can start a thread for it in one of the non gaming forums.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
lol cretin, it's impossible to be butthurt by cuckolds of the highest order. Tho you're right, let's change the phase a bit, let's go for something more interesting.
Let's do a few bertram_cuck radio episodes. Do narrate to us how many niggas fisted your faggly butthole during New Years.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
It seems that MRY has left the casual retards starved for a long time, without any abomination to masturbate, and they gathered here orbiting my dick. I own your buttholes, casual cunts, remember that.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
It is hilarious to me that my negative tag on your gay radio show posts have caused you to follow me around the forum for a week and give me negative tags. And you are still complaining about it here.

Schizos are so much fun to troll.

Last edited:

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
It is hilarious to me that my negative tag on your gay radio show posts have caused you to follow me around the forum for a week and give me negative tags. And you are still complaining about it here.

Schizos are so much fun to troll.
Follow you where? Someone bumped this gay furry detective game of yours, I saw it and I gave 3 shit ratings to an admittedly shitty game.

If you think I'm schizo you're a retard, cause you haven't met schizos like beans00 yet.

Last edited:

LostHisMarbles

Learned
You really think the Tex Murphies are 'gay furry detective games', or are you just trying to aggravate him further? :s

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
You really think the Tex Murphies are 'gay furry detective games', or are you just trying to aggravate him further? :s
I was referring to another game with anthropomorphic animals. The kind of gay games that bertram_cuck enjoys.

Last edited:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
looks amazing. It does lose some realism because of the higher resolution, there's something about crunchy pixels that sells UAKM and Pandora for me, it looks less fake if you know what I mean. But I think we're genuinely better for it with the new remaster, it does look like a very faithful improvement over the original. Going to really enjoy the hell out of this once its out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

A series of composite tests showcasing the various approaches and techniques going into the remastering of the full motion video (FMV) of The Pandora Directive remaster. The video shows three scenes....

Jackson Cross (Barry Corbin): Interrogation scene - Demonstration of the upscale pipeline. While more distant shots demonstrate excellent results despite the source medium, mid/close shots yield even better results in the upscale pipeline.

Tex Murphy (Chris Jones): Mayan Jungle Scene - Demonstration of compositing with particularly difficult shots (many obscure elements such as foliage which needed to be composited accurately). The increased color depth enables new grading techniques to play with color style and time-of-day adjustments.

Gordon Fitzpatrick (Kevin McCarthy): Intro Sequence. Full frame demonstration of upscaled source foots with background replacement.

All content is currently work-in-progress and subject to change.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
That last scene is really looking great you can tell its probably the best example of a polished scene. Crazy to think this was shot in 1996 it looks like something that was shot yesterday.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy

Some of you may be wondering about the status of that project, and this response comes from the team who has thus far dedicated their spare hours to get the project to where it is today…

Until now, the team had been dedicated to remastering the full motion video from the original tapes (into 4K), cutting all-new edits of the cinematic sequences, redesigning the game environments, remastering the sound and music, and modernizing the game design.

For the most part, those tasks have now been conquered, and the logical next step would be to get the band back together again to march the project towards the finish line. However, that will require more than a part-time, passion project level of dedication.

The entire team will need to be back on board 100%. Anything else would disrespect both the project’s contributors and critical stakeholders. Not everybody is available or willing to commit to this right now.

However, many of us who still want to complete this project will remain on standby until the entire team is ready to engage and support it together. But, for now, it remains on-hold.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Similar thing happened with Poison Pawn so I'm not surprised. If you look at the teams skill set they're missing one very important piece. Someone to actually turn the dang thing into a game.
From what I understand Doug was handling most of the actual game development side of things. Matt leaving to go be an indie dev... I don't know about that one, to me that says budgeting issues. (as in Matt didn't have a choice here)

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Weren't they planning on one extra Tex game after Tesla Effect to finish things off ,? What's up with that ? Chris Jones isn't getting younger.

They are speaking of the Pandora remaster as if it was a side project but what are they even working on right now then ?

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Weren't they planning on one extra Tex game after Tesla Effect to finish things off ,? What's up with that ? Chris Jones isn't getting younger.
As I understand Aarons already written it, so the story exists. Its more likely that the Tesla Effect profits have been eaten from studio running costs. Too long without a hit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom