Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The prestigious RPGCodex magazine

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tags: Afterfall; Intoxicate Interactive

We're apparently a magazine now, and prestigious. At least that's what <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EkpZlklApZZXVZTTHr.php">the Afterfall press release</A> says.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The Afterfall crew – Intoxicate Interactive Group, currently: Nicolas Games Intoxicate – was an independent crew of game developers and gamers, who spent over 3 years on the project of a post-nuclear computer role-playing game with a storyline based in central Europe. Afterfall was announced by many Internet sites in Poland and worldwide. News also featured numerous interviews, amongst all an interview with the project’s lead designer, <strong>published in the prestigious "RPGCodex" magazine.</strong></blockquote>
<br>
<br>
That's right, we're mentioned in an official press release as a very prestigious magazine. I don't think the guy who wrote this ever read any thread in here.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com">Gamebanshee</A>

MetalCraze

Arcane
the dream of VD comes true. now we have to make GD invisible to users with less than 200 posts so they will open the true codex when it will be too late.

denizsi

Arcane
Phase 1 of world domination has been completed. Now we should weed out the dumbfuck and the like. Commence the execution of order 66.

Durwyn

Prophet
They're tryin to earn CodeX Cool Points.... which is rather kewl..

Easy on them guys... their just tring too hard.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
For fuck sake, I don't know who translated the ver. that Gamebanshee has but the orginal Polish dosen't have "magazyn" in it.
Afterfall zapowiadany był w wielu serwisach internetowych w Polsce i zagranicą, publikowane były także liczne wywiady, m.in. z głównym designerem projektu opublikowany w prestiżowym "RPGCodex".
Prestigious "RPGCodex", that's all.

Lumpy

Arcane
I think the "prestigious" bit is the most amusing part, not the magazine. The Codex isn't a prestigious site, it's the angry grampas sitting on benches in the park.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Lumpy said:
...iit's the angry grampas sitting on benches in the park.
Prestigious it is when you take into account that on the other side of the park journowhores are sucking cock as hard as they can.

cardtrick

Arbiter
I suspect that you don't know what the word "prestigious" means, WhiskeyWolf -- I suggest looking it up before posting more and making an ass of yourself.

WhiskeyWolf said:
For fuck sake, I don't know who translated the ver. that Gamebanshee has but the orginal Polish dosen't have "magazyn" in it.

GameBanshee said:
Here is the full English press release as sent to us by Nicolas Games

I think you've got your answer there, mi amigo. That's right, not only did Nicolas Games produce the press release calling the Codex a prestigious magazine -- but they were proud of themselves enough to send that right along to GameBanshee!

Either we're talking about public relations whoring of the lowest order or we're talking about an official English translation that radically misrepresents the original intent of the piece . . . neither of which really bodes well for Afterfall. So yeah. They deserve all the pointing and laughing that they're getting.

Oh, and also:

Nicolas Games said:
Afterfall is a Third Person Perspective cRPG . . . Some other examples of this genre are . . . Gears of War.

Lumpy

Arcane
So; is anyone else getting the seizure-inducing "I want to earn my degree in 13 months" fucked up ad with the dancing girl?

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
I suspect that you don't know what the word "prestigious" means, WhiskeyWolf -- I suggest looking it up before posting more and making an ass of yourself.
So I still don't look like an ass, darn.

Nael

Arcane
Elwro said:
This is all rather embarrassing.

My thoughts exactly. It's also a bit like having one of those friends that has a tendency to pick a fight with the biggest guy in the bar and then tells him that if he has a problem to take it up with you.

EDIT: Maybe I misunderstood what you were thinking though if you are referring to the fact that this story comes out of Poland.

cardtrick said:

We do have....or at least had....a certain reputation. Maybe not "prestigious"...but more along the lines of "grudgingly accepted to be pretty smart".

Lumpy said:
So; is anyone else getting the seizure-inducing "I want to earn my degree in 13 months" fucked up ad with the dancing girl?

Nope. Shit like that, the "HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO", the fucking anime shit, and the 3d rendered MMORPG sluts among other things are the reason I Adblock. Maybe the Codex/Sorcerer's Place should do a bit of indie RPG advertising instead. That way people might actually click on them instead of wanting to punt their computer.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Edward_R_Murrow said:
We do have....or at least had....a certain reputation. Maybe not "prestigious"...but more along the lines of "grudgingly accepted to be pretty smart".
Maybe more like "notorious".
Or "difficult".
Or "doesn't play well with others".

Blahblah Talks

Arbiter
Lumpy said:
Yes, but I masturbated to it and my seizures went away. Now the pages of my prestigious magazine are stuck together. :(

Edit: But now I have the pre-teen Sylvan Learning Center girl. :) Hopefully she'll like some "candy."

El Dee

Scholar
I think the "doesn't play well with others" statement that Shag mentioned sums up the Codex nicely.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Blahblah Talks said:
But now I have the pre-teen Sylvan Learning Center girl. :) Hopefully she'll like some "candy."
I think it's a safe bet that most Codexers spend more time staring at that ad than the one for that "Your goddess awaits!" game.

Shoelip

Arbiter
That's interesting. I like to stare at the picture of the kid sticking his hands in the air in that same ad and chuckle hysterically. Maybe I should start getting more sleep.

Now we just need to win a Peebody Award for urinary excellence.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
RPG Codex is quoted for reference on wikipedia on some games.

NWN2 MOTB:
Critical Reception

The game was generally well-received, garnering praise for its plot and gaining an average score of 82% (at the time of this writing) as calculated by GameRankings. Of special note is the praise from the site RPG Codex[10].
Praise? From the RPG Codex?

User was nabbed fit

Must be a mistake in the Codex Hivemind.

*reboots the matrix*

MetalCraze

Arcane
Mighty Mouse said:
RPG Codex is quoted for reference on wikipedia on some games.

NWN2 MOTB:
Critical Reception

The game was generally well-received, garnering praise for its plot and gaining an average score of 82% (at the time of this writing) as calculated by GameRankings. Of special note is the praise from the site RPG Codex[10].
Praise? From the RPG Codex?

old news. yet there is no RPG Codex article.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom