Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout "The Relentless Champions Of Classic Fallout" - Glittering Gems of Hatred MK2

epeli

Arcane
I feel it may be more beneficial to promote newer games such as Underrail and Age of Decadence to help encourage developers to be able to create true, worthy successors to the classics of the 80's and 90's.

This is the way to go, but never forgive Bethesda's sins. Never forget what Fallout truly is. I don't want to see NMA's fate repeated on codex. Honestly, the bethestard tag should come with a free permaban as a pre-emptive measure.

Under all the facebook features and agents of decline, codex hides a significant number of true cRPG fans who can appreciate good games. That's what makes codex unique.

Serifan

Novice
This place stinks of semen and tears.

We honestly need to put The Order at the top of NMA Forums since we are the best part and kill some of this bad rep.

Edit: Kharn! Since you post here more you traitor, can you give me your senate seat. Cool thanks.

It's been taken over by nuFallout fans and converts.

It's like going to a once old school metal joint, that now caters to nuMetal/metal core/whatever.

Yeah, look at this post by an NMA Administrator:

"I love how everyone's already like "this isn't anything like Fallout!" and "this sucks!" and you haven't even seen any gameplay or anything outside the trailer. But let's be honest though, you probably wouldn't have considered any of that information anyway. Haters gonna hate. I think it looks awesome. The world seems much more varied and alive than 3."

Even the current admins at the site are hardcore Bethestards. What a disgusting cesspool. RPGCodex truly is the last bastion.

It's all over again. I remember how was I engaging in heroic battles with those bastards on some polish video games forum in the wake of fallout 3. This argument is an exact copy paste of theirs.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Even the current admins at the site are hardcore Bethestards. What a disgusting cesspool. RPGCodex truly is the last bastion.

Somebody more artisticly inclined needs to create a remake of the famous PC Master race pic by Saenji Oh, with Codex Trolls standing proud amongst waves of unwashed Bethestards.

I remember being fascinated by other people sharing my distaste for fallout 3 at NMA. Then I switched lurking there and started lurking here. Now I am fascinated by everything.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I remember being fascinated by other people sharing my distaste for fallout 3 at NMA. Then I switched lurking there and started lurking here. Now I am fascinated by everything.

There are still plenty of people that hate it. The problem is Bethesda fanboys come into NMA and act butthurt about old school Fallout fans saying how retarded they are.

Dead Guy

Cipher
I imagine most of the harsh critics of Fallout 3 at NMA have stopped reading the fallout discussion forums over the years, and maybe the forums all together. When your site covers a single series of games you only have one decline to to discuss, albeit possibly the biggest one in vidya gaming, at least for old Fallout fans. Here you can spread your anger over a hundred different declines and each tard will come to defend a different piece of shit. On NMA you'll get the same immersed pre-teen illiterate posting the same 'argument' over and over again for 8 years. That shit got old fast and everything has been said already.

Not very relentless! :argh:

Machocruz

Arcane
I have contempt for people who go into a forum of people more informed than they are to argue instead of going there to learn. This egomania is a problem with thought and discourse across the board these days. Too many people want to get theirs in instead of listening and considering the other person, let alone put themselves in a position of student. Their egos can't abide that (temporary) imbalance of power. Some of the outsized reactions I've seen to disagreements or slight criticism leads me to believe that the number of psychotic narcissists is higher than anyone imagined*. I remember a passage in Hagakure about how listening to others is a sign of intelligence. By that measure, there is an overwhelming amount of stupid people on the internet.

* If ITZ ever happens, I see a future of manchild gamer nerds throwing baby meat barbecues and gang raping the parents while whispering to them that they never should have criticized/given only an 8.5 to that game they love/Obama.

naossano

Cipher
Kotaku - The problem is that NMA hate Fo3 so much they endlessly say it is shit.
NMA - Not Endlessly. Only when we have to explain to a newbie...
RPGCodex - Not endlessly ? This is obviously decline. NMA doesn't hate it enough.
Some NMA minority - But we love Fallout 3...

Kilus

Educated
Fallout 1 and 2 would have been FPS if they had the technology. I mean they were good efforts and all and they did the best with the stuff they had at the time, but pseudo isometric and turn based? That's stuff made for women. FPSES ARE MADE FOR MEN NO GIRLS ALLOWED MAXIMUM TESTOSTERONE BUILD A IKEA TABLE WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE INSTRUCTIONS BUY A PORSCHE BUILD A FENCE WEAR SHORTS HAVE POCKETS NEVER CRY EAT FROZEN BACON AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG.

darthaegis

Cipher
Fallout 1 and 2 would have been FPS if they had the technology. I mean they were good efforts and all and they did the best with the stuff they had at the time, but pseudo isometric and turn based? That's stuff made for women. FPSES ARE MADE FOR MEN NO GIRLS ALLOWED MAXIMUM TESTOSTERONE BUILD A IKEA TABLE WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE INSTRUCTIONS BUY A PORSCHE BUILD A FENCE WEAR SHORTS HAVE POCKETS NEVER CRY EAT FROZEN BACON AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG.
:retarded:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Mr. FABULOUS Cain was so sick of Generic Fantasy Shit™ (like most of us are) and did a PA Turn Based RPG. He didn't want to do a FPS. He wanted to do a cRPG. And he and his team succeeded very well.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
:retarded:
Irony. Look it up.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

I must concede that in 3DFP, refuelling the car is much more elegant.

Kilus

Educated
The technology to make FPS was indeed only created on the XXI century...

Imagine if Interplay had a FPS engine and used it to release a RPG in 1997. How amazing would that game be?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom