Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The run button is out of control

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Actually now that you mention it, PSO had weird reverse Z targetting; you automatically locked on to nearby enemies or objects (crippling your movement speed) and had to bring up a menu or a skillbar without offensive abilities to be able to move freely near them.

MerchantKing

Learned
Just play real rpgs like KotC2 instead of console games. You won't have any problems with the run button if there isn't one.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Just play real rpgs like KotC2 instead of console games. You won't have any problems with the run button if there isn't one.
I'd pick up KotC2 but I have it on good authority that Pierre hates money so I'm waiting for a good sale so he won't receive as much. Any other recommendations?

deuxhero

Arcane
The real problem is when your super soldier starts kneeling over exhausted after less than 30 seconds of a brisk run. If there's a sprint its penalty should be that you are worse at attacking when running (either can't aim, or can only make dedicated running attacks that are very commited), and/or much harder to control (can't make sharp turns etc.) and have run be unlimited. I think the only game that got a sprint meter right was Eternal Darkness, where the sprint meter (which isn't visible) is reflective of the character (just like the visible health and mana meters): The obese doctor can't run the length of a single room, but the firefighter can literally sprint through his entire chapter without pause.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Because Jon thought my list was too long, I will continue with modern games that I have not played (though there are a few in the last list that I did not play). Will not name other games from series already in the first list. Remember, these are all games with ANALOG movement.

Alan Wake 2 (L3)
Dead Space (L1)
Hitman series (L1) (Well, I did play these, a little of the new and a little of the old. Don't care for the series.)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (L3)
Lies of Pie (right button)
It Takes Two (L3)
Forspoken (L3)
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (right button)
Ghost of Tsushima (Like I said on the last list, Sony probably mandates L3.)
Genshin Impact (R1)
Final Fantasy VII remake (L3)
Final Fantasy XV (L3 and right button)
Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden (L3)
Star Wars Outlaws (L3)

It's messed up how hard it is to find out what the controls are in many of these games. Reviewers could simply screenshot the menu in most cases. Seems important. But you can usually tell if there is a run button just from the look of the game.

So many games with L3, that shitty button that's not comfortably pressed at angles.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom