Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Slaughter

kaizoku

Arcane
I posted this one on the KS thread, but since not everyone follows it I'm posting here as well.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/510736733/the-slaughter

The Slaughter is a film noir style 2D point-and-click adventure with gameplay in the vein of the classic LucasArts and Revolution games, but with dark adult themes more akin to the works of David Lynch, Cormac McCarthy, Max Ernst and Scott Walker.

A serial killer is terrorizing the streets of Victorian London, and private investigator Sydney Emerson has hit a new low between finding lost dogs and receiving alleyway beatings. A turn of events sees Sydney forgoing his selfish nature and thrusting himself into perilous and increasingly surreal situations, walking the line between dreams and reality. Explore the seedy streets of Victorian London, searching the slums, taverns, opium dens and even Sydney’s dreams and hallucinations for leads, meeting a host of interesting, insane and eccentrically British characters while exploring the deeper human condition.

Gameplay draws on the best aspects of point-and-click adventures; the tricky yet logical puzzles, the fun interactions and lines of dialogue players can choose to seek out if they wish, and the little details that make the world seem alive. The inclusion of a Broken Sword style map lets players revisit locations at their whim, to search for clues or just drop in on the local inhabitants for a chat. Much as in real life, character dialogue can be funny, abstract, sombre or aggressive depending on their mood. Sydney’s conversation options will also change throughout the game as his state of mind deteriorates, the trauma having a realistic effect on his human interactions. As someone who can recite the script to The Big Lebowski, The Office, Fear and Loathing and I’m Alan Partridge to say the least, humour is a very important aspect for me so you can expect plenty of comic relief.

70703f55c39f9f6b071e4410d08dc7c3_large.png

It looks very interesting. Lot of potential here.

But it would definitely benefit from a demo. Like 90% of all the other KS anyway.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Ugly as sin, but I'm looking forward to this one. The setting and pitch video really grabbed me. Hope they find somebody to brush up the art, though... some of the scenes just look so plain and empty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom