Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Age of Wonders 3 on sale for 10 bucks which is not bad at all for a game that has actually turned out decent(and hopefully with the upcoming expansion will be pretty good).

Or barring that, spend $2.50 on Shadow Magic, one of the great fantasy strategy games of all time. There are a billion maps and mods for it.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Is it me or discounts are shit?
Some games had bigger discounts in the past - now they are only 66% instead of previous 75%. And then there are insulting 15% on some older titles on main sale.

So far i only was triggered by nostalgia and impulse bought Deus Ex Goty and GTA trilogy... (and AoD, but that does not count really - would've bought anyway)

pippin

There have been weekend promos with more interesting discounts than this sale, yeah. At first I thought it was because I had all the games I wanted, but still, the discounts are really mediocre.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Got myself Gothic 1-3 and the AoW trilogy for cheaps, quite happy with that

Coyote

Arcane
is Torchlight 2 worth it for 80% off?
also, is it better than Diablo 3, which i hate?

Worth noting that Torchlight 2 gets bundled pretty frequently, so if you don't think you're going to play it right away you can probably get it for less.

Edit: Ha, perfect timing. $2.50 at the moment.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nice find, Coyote.

Wow, Gothic 1-3 are cheap. Kind of tempting.

Last edited:

pippin

Although I sometimes prefer 1, I'm going to say Torchlight 2 improved on many things. But yeah, even at full price it's way cheaper than Diablo 3, and way more fun.
There's also Path of Exile if you don't want to pay anything for your hack n slash fix.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Risen 3 was well worth it full price, at 75 off is a must. One of the better RPGs in the last few years, screw Dragonfal, divinity or all the other kickstarter failures.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Risen 3 was well worth it full price, at 75 off is a must. One of the better RPGs in the last few years, screw Dragonfal, divinity or all the other kickstarter failures.

The "complete" version of Risen 3 is $10.

When that version goes below $7.50, then it may be worth a look.

toroid

Arcane
Risen 1 is negative monies right now.. can't access the store page though.
X138FGh.jpg

Diablo169

Arcane
Unsure, I haven't taken the plunge yet and what I read about it at launch wasn't encouraging. Not sure of it's current state given the recent reworking it's had.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Age of Wonders 3

Mmh, 9.99 for the base game, 29.99 for the complete edition with all 3 DLC. 2 DlCs+ deluxe edition (meh...).
Can someone comment on how good they are? DLC's for this game are quite pricey...

Great deals on the older games, I second that.

What about Hand of Fate, that roguelike/card game?

Mixed impressions. But Pope is a valid reviewer imho. Do post your impressions if you bite the bullet, I'm curious too.

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Age of Wonders 3

Mmh, 9.99 for the base game, 29.99 for the complete edition with all 3 DLC. 2 DlCs+ deluxe edition (meh...).
Can someone comment on how good they are? DLC's for this game are quite pricey...
I'd recommend trying before buying. Similarly to previous games, AoW3 is mostly about tactical combat and the strategic layer is meh, so be aware of that.

If you decide to buy then expansions are pretty much a must imo. Without them the game lies somewhere on the wrong end of mediocrity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom