Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Any good co-op/mp recommendations to kill some time with a couple of friends?
BroForce!
Or Resident Evil games, then fist fight to play as a female characters so you can focus on something,.

Planet Alcatraz is only 0.99 euro. I have heard it's a Codex favorite :cool:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289420/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_27

oh you
Melee combat is like Skyrim/Oblivion - swinging like old isometric hack'n'slash games like Diablo.
I want to buy sequel and translate it, but my old bank account get borked in christmas and not sure if they fix it before steam sale end...
Some guy in 2009 tried to do it, translated only main menu and dropped. Weak.
Will do it myself when I get the game and be done with Fallout Nevada translation

Are you from kwan? Do you get offended easily? Don't play that game. Surprised it's still on Steam and no complains happened.

While we're at the topic - get and buy 7,62 High Calibre
http://store.steampowered.com/app/289890/?snr=1_5_9__300
It comes with Blue Sun Mod 2.1 (include missions from 762Reloaded, never released in West) and you get free game - 7,62 Hard Life, which was used as a base for BSM.

Last edited:

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
Genres don't matter much to us, anything from Killing Floor to Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is fair game.

___

Thanks for tips guys, we'll check em out.

games my peers and myself liked

-Sonic All Star Racing
-Borderlands 2
-Castle Crashers
-Double Dragon Neon
-Orcs Must Die 2
-Rocket League
-Rayman Origins

also Legend of Eisenwald is 75% off, its pretty good

Elthosian

Arcane
Battleblock Theater, Castle Crashers, Starbound and Terraria should offer some great co-op gaming although last time I played Terraria it required quite a bit of Hamachi hassling. If you don't mind competitive MP, Speedrunners is fantastic and Towerfall Ascension is simply glorious (local only tho), you can also get one of Aksys' fighting games such as those from the Guilty Gear and Blazblue series, although maybe Skullgirls would be a better choice since it's easier to get into for quick matches.

Elthosian

Arcane
I take it the development when to shitty EA never to be finished since the last time I played, then. Oh well, at least dollar was cheap as fuck back when I bought it.

DramaticPopcorn

Finally got around buying Shadow of Mordor on GMG for a peasantly €8,40. Disturbingly, the game is more fun than I anticipated.
It's fun for the first few hours but the forumaltic and repetetive approach kills it pretty fast

Martius

Liturgist
What about Blood Dragon? Its pretty much shorter and cheaper stand alone dlc in different setting.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Steam is compromised pretty badly ATM. People can login with random Steam accounts and buy games with other peoples' money. They took the whole Store down now and are trying to fix this issue.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Tigranes

Arcane
http://www.nuuvem.com/ has some nice deals, got myself Horse Lords for for 3 euros.

You need VPN for that right?

Edit:

Bought it. Nice tip.

First, I go to Brasil. Man at airport with sign takes me to limo. He drives me out of airport. He doesn't take left turn - no, he goes right. That's not right, in a non-directional sense. We drive to woods. He takes me out of car. Burlap sack over head. Oh no, this is Brasil. "Welcome to Brasil," they say. Truly a Brasilian thing to say. I plead. "Horse Lords, five dorrah." They shoot me in the chest. Bird shot. I get up and run. They keep shooting. I don't see, only hear. Its dark in the burlap sack. I fall. Keep falling. Water. Drowning, falling again. Saved by a waterfall! No, now I'm truly drowning. Something grabs arm. I can breathe! Wet mud against my back.

Second, I immerse myself in the Amazonian tribe that saved me. Speak their language, fuck their women. With time, my pale skin turns a good shade of sunburnt red as I do not fare well without shade. They fear me as God, and then a Devil. Say get out. I leave. I hope my harem misses me.

Third, I find civilization. "Computer, please." Thank you, internet cafes. Wire money from Wells Fargo. Eat $20 fee, then $15 surcharge for not having used my account in awhile. Goddam banks. Make account on Newvehm. Pay five dorrah. Steam account recognizes foreign key, Steam account gets banned. Ponder the meaning of strife.

So you are saying for 40 bucks and a bit of bullet in the bone, I can rent myself a harem and buy Horse Lords?

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Steam's storefront is so confusing now. I can't tell what the daily deals are vs the generated deals based on my interest. It's confusing enough that I haven't boughten anything or participated in the events. I probably won't either.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There are no daily deals or events short of looking through your suggested games queue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom