Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ultima The Ultima Series Discussion Thread

What is your favorite Ultima game?

• Total voters

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
That last video, what the fuck am I looking at here?
I guess this is a playthrough on the remastered but this guy sure as hell makes enough damn alts that takes like 30 minutes.

Puukko

Arcane
I noticed the NES remasters:
TMExN3d.jpg
Go on...

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I always hoped ACKS would get redone. Hey Dude Where's My Avatar was pretty good.

Old Trinity was in that and... the Gameboy Remake of Ultima III had some surprises.

I think that's the bugfixed one as in one version there was an error and you couldn't complete part 2. I know through our email excgange he fixed it. Part two makes the original look like a cakewalk.

Cambragol

Novice
That RUM editor looks very cool. Must be for that Ultima IV online game that was released years ago. I think I have the source for that somewhere, but never looked at it too deeply, or checked out its editor. It was released at some point as open source, then promptly disappeared.

How about the Ultima IV Randomizer?

https://github.com/Fenyx4/U4DosRandomizer/releases

It can even generate 'cloth maps' of the randomized world map:

127429610-a593997d-b482-4f3e-9788-27042e4b8671.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://daemon-master.itch.io/ultimore-a-world-divided

Ultimore: A World Divided
Originally released for the Apple II in early 1985 'Ultimore: A World Divided' was an unofficial expansion to Ultima III: Exodus created by Joel Fenton.

Joel placed adverts in various computer magazines and sold expansions for both Ultima III and the original Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord.

Over time these scenarios were lost. In recent years 'Ultimore: A World Divided' and 'Ultimore: Egypt' have been re-discovered, they are however in the Apple II format.

Now Daemon Master and Lord Ponsonby bring 'Ultimore: A World Divided' to the IBM PC for the very first time! No longer must you tackle Apple II emulators (or hardware), instead you can enjoy this classic scenario simply using the GOG version of Ultima III, with or without enhanced visuals and sound.

For further read on what Ultimore is check out my website - https://daemonmaster.com

IMPORTANT: This scenario requires the later 'Trilogy Edition' of Ultima III: Exodus (150 starting Food and Life) and not the earlier stand-alone release (100 starting Food and Life). The GOG version of the game is the later 'Trilogy Edition' and works fine. You can find it here - https://af.gog.com/game/ultima_1_2_3?as=1649904300

Installation instructions can be found in the included download, but in short, back up your original installation and copy the files from this archive into your install directory.

DONATIONS: Are not required or expected, however Lord Ponsonby spent many hours creating the UltiExo map editor for me so that I could in turn spend many hours hand crafting all of Joel's original maps. Many hours went into producing this scenario which we hope you will enjoy. If you enjoyed this scenario, eh, maybe throw us a few dollars for a coffee.

LEGAL: The 'Ultima' series of games, and the Ultima title are property of Electronic Arts. While only a mod in and of itself, it's important to acknowledge Joel Fenton as the original creator of the 'Ultimore: A World Divided' scenario.

BUGS: Found a bug? Let me know in the comments. I've played through the scenario in its entirety twice and I think I got them all, but please let me know if you find something I missed. Joel's original scenario did include some spelling and grammar errors, I've left them intact intentionally.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Oh that is nice. There's still hope that the rest of the modules will be discovered. Very nice indeed.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Anyway, I decided I want to try the Mac Ultima 3 (both the original & Lairware.... i bought the code for fullgame ages ago but the emulation fucked me up so bad I gave up. Seems maybe this new one might be simple: macintosh.js

Watch me be fucked again because of js.

Cambragol

Novice
I've given that a shot a while back. I find all the old black and white mac games quaint. Ultima III was no exception.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Of course this didn't work. And this vid is fucking with me.

Then I accidentally associated a .sit file with explorer and now all .sit files are fucked. Gay

eh.. I DL'd Stuffit expander and associated the files with it. Just drag and drop and bam Img file.

And now I'm looking at this vid:

jesus fuck i want to hulk smash every computer now!

Last edited:

Cambragol

Novice
mini VMac is what I use. Great program. Though I use it on mac. You can build your own version as well.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Got a message back:

IS THE RUM CONSTRUCTION SET IN THE DOWNLOADS?:

"
> Is the construction set packaged in the downloads section here? It looks pretty cool.

The whole thing used to be open source, but when bitbucket took it all down, I decided to maybe turn it into something bigger. I haven't decided whether or not I'll go open source with that again as I might use it to create my own game. I'll hopefully have an official CUO server running again in the next few months with lots of improvements and bug fixes. That all depends on how much free time I can manage though, which hasn't been much lately. Ideally, I could kickstart this and and work on it full time but I just don't think the interest is there.
Thanks,

Johnny"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom