Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The value of CDPR's shares has reportedly dropped by 75% since the release of Cyberpunk 2077

Codex Year of the Donut
what does it even mean for investors to sue the company they own? They are damaging the reputation of the company they own with the lawsuit, and in return they get the company's money which proportionately lowers the values of the stock they also own?
investors don't care about the long-term prospects of the company, just short term investments & profits
it's why public companies are generally so shit

tritosine2k

Erudite
Sign of times, Pokemon Go won the platform war for mobile and Niantic (co owned by Nintendo) has multiple times the market cap of CDP. This is why CDPR has "spokko" appearing on their stuff.

J1M

Arcane
Some amount of this drop is likely due to their proximity to the Ukraine war.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
First off, CDPR just went back to "pre-pandemic" market value(s), which is something that most Internet companies have done. This is completely normal.

Second, Stefan Seicarescu is a Romanian name. Polish games have Romanian bosses. That's your problem right there.

MuffinBun

Educated
I wish Dark Soul cancer was never made so it didn't inspire all these other games to implement that rolling simulator gameplay everywhere.
*roll* *roll* *hit*
*roll* *roll* *hit*
*roll* *roll* *hit*
*ugh*
"Aphesmus, I have misjudged you..."
*dies*

player: "Wow, that was profound. Gotta watch his compiled 2h backstory based on obscure item descriptions on youtube.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The fact that he is from my neck of the woods doesn't exclude the fact that he might be a tool, okay? I know what you're trying to do, but it's not like any bunch of people are perfect.

Although Transylvanians come very close.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
the one thing that turned me off most of this game is chilling with the cop after doing a barbecue with his family at the top of the tower, drinking beers, game offered me a gay choice like 'let me suck your dick' or something. Why? Whyyy? I was enjoying a bro moment and then the game had to fucking completely destroy immersion with this bullshit, I'd understand if I had to take a romance path first, by first hinting and romance etc. but that was such an out-of-nowhere straight in my face dickslap it ruined the whole questline for me.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
It has been out for over 2 years... far from quickly forgotten trash, it was a shit game for a AAA RPG from the devs of The Witcher 3, but it was still a product with hundreds of millions $ budget not like the POS indie trash Grimoire

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Once the perception of creative frailty sets in, the weight of expectation will keep piling on until they're crushed by it. It is pointless to resist, they will never regain the talent they've thrown off through the years. They are Polish Bioware now. All that remains for them is to make something awesome happen every time a button is pressed. They needn't worry though, EA is always acquiring.
Oddly enough, there was story not too long ago that EA itself was looking to be acquired by much larger companies such as Comcast.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Technically true, although this is because of an overall hit to overvalued tech-sector stocks than anything to do with cyberpunk. What should be reported on is how ludicrously overvalued it was between 2018 and 2021.

The stock market in general has been drastically overvalued. A major consequence of the Federal Reserve and Central Banks the world over keeping interest rates artificially low and printing money like a drunken harlot.

Valdetiosi

Scholar
Nothing to laugh about, those stocks directly translate into workplaces.
57w732.gif

somerandomdude

Learned
Witcher 3, the woke response was "No black people in Witcher 3, reeeeeeeeee, racism!"

CDPR response:
3116-1535065959-75671729.png

th

"We beez egypshuns wit roooooone magic when you crackas was livin' in caves wit bowl cuts N sheit!"

Nobody at CDPR had the balls to say it like Dan did:

cfc.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom