Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Reject_666_6

Arcane
The Diablo Tristram theme, pointed out before, is one of the best pieces of music composed, full stop.

Now for some untermensch music:

If there's one thing RA3 did better than the first two games, hell did well at all, is the music. This and this make me a happier man.

Also, HoMM4 was a mediocre game at best, but goddamn it had the best music of the series EVAR! Listen to this; it has a full-blown duet aria at 1:00, ffs! This shit is incredible!

MOAR! The first few seconds of the Storm of Zehir main theme, while it being a sozzy game, is HEAVAN!

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The Morrowind theme has been brought up, which is good.

A track from Serious Sam has been brought up...though I'd prefer one of the main fight themes over the Jingle Bells tune.

C&C has been mentioned. Anyone can find at least one track from the older C&C games that they'll like.

Doom has been listed. Awesome.

The "good old" Final Fantasy fight music has been linked to...or at least some modern version of it.

Even Crusader: No Remorse has been dug up. Respect.

So what can I contribute?

The best one there is. Xenon 2: Megablast

The single version, for comparison.

roll-a-die

Magister
Yeah say anything you want about Final Fantasy as a game but there is no denying that most of them have a great soundtrack.

I contemplated linking LeChuck but figured someone else would do if for me.

oscar

Arcane
Always found the Heroes of Might and Magic II operatic German music good:

Wizard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u4xR1lE ... re=related
Necromancer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g-qVAZ0 ... re=related
Knight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MrlH51V ... re=related
General music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGroWsGGcTc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB6GsIRQ ... re=related

Very charming. Though judging from the comments on Youtube (and alot of them sounding differant to how I remembered them) the music was greatly differant in U.S and European versions.

Reject_666_6 said:
Awesome. Have you ever heard this piece from FFX?

HOLY SHIT BROS DIS PIECE PUMPED ME SO MUCH I LITERALLY STOOD UP, LET OUT A FUCKING DINOSOOR ROAR AND PUNCHED THE MOTHER FUCKING WALL

Christ this thread is fucking pathetic, 3/4 of these tracks wouldn't even fucking wake you up much less qualify as "upbeat", and you're posting them as an example of:

that one music track that when it starts playing your reaction is "aw, yea it's ON NOW!!"

Fucking Escapist-grade pussyfags, the whole lot of you.

ElectricOtter

Emotional Vampire said:
Reject_666_6 said:
Awesome. Have you ever heard this piece from FFX?

HOLY SHIT BROS DIS PIECE PUMPED ME SO MUCH I LITERALLY STOOD UP, LET OUT A FUCKING DINOSOOR ROAR AND PUNCHED THE MOTHER FUCKING WALL

Christ this thread is fucking pathetic, 3/4 of these tracks wouldn't even fucking wake you up much less qualify as "upbeat", and you're posting them as an example of:

that one music track that when it starts playing your reaction is "aw, yea it's ON NOW!!"

Fucking Escapist-grade pussyfags, the whole lot of you.
in that case, this thread should have ended as soon as someone posted grabbag

Destroid

Arcane
Music doesn't need to be upbeat to make you feel like that Emotional Vampire.

I'll admit One Must Fall was a pretty sketchy entry from me, but the rest of them I stand by.

Derper

Prophet
Grunker said:
Yeah... I posted that earlier in this thread.
The exact same one? Crikey... I didn't have time to check all the links out...
Vidste du at Press Play On Tape var danske?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Derper said:
Grunker said:
Yeah... I posted that earlier in this thread.
The exact same one? Crikey... I didn't have time to check all the links out...
Vidste du at Press Play On Tape var danske?

Yep. I saw the live at The Rock. There's also a clip from TV2 on YouTube (in their own channel).

Derper

Prophet
Grunker said:
Yep. I saw the live at The Rock. There's also a clip from TV2 on YouTube (in their own channel).
How do they come across live? Enough catchy tunes to recognize?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Derper said:
Grunker said:
How do they come across live? Enough catchy tunes to recognize?

More than enough, I'd say, but it depends how much you dabbled in Amiga and Commodore 64. My friend had an Amiga with lots of the games they play tunes from, which is why I know some them. The part where they play Canon Fodder on controllers is straight out hilarious. The drummer plays the drums on a Dancemat from Dance-Dance-Revolution :lol:

But they're not that great performers. They're quite stiff on the scene. They're good musicians though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom