Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Check out a few walkthroughs when you've played it. There actually is a lot more c&c than I gave the game credit for. The main story is set in stone but the people in it can vary quite a lot depending on decisions, how you dealt with panic situations and conversations. Thus while the story stays the same the people in it, scenes and conversations vary. Novel.

And fuck off with the race bullshit. A black guy is a main part. Boo hoo.

Repressed Homosexual
It has nothing to do whatsoever with the protagonist, he was decent, and his being black changed nothing to the game. It only has to do with awkward, forced PC themes BioWare style seemingly seeping into games.

Redlands

Arcane
I only watched the first 20 minutes by Let's Play, as I don't really like Telltale or zombies or low-interactive "games" much. Annoying details put me off watching any more after the protagonist and the little girl arrived on the farm, so I'm glad I didn't bother with it personally. That it's winning "Best Game of the Year" awards is kind of laughable given the reviews I've read on it talking about the lack of gameplay, but that's par for the course nowadays.

Having said that:

Also, I think the game pushed the political correctness angle too far. I'm certainly not against games featuring minorities, and all the characters were very well represented, but they pushed it too much and it was unnatural. In the beginning they go out of their way to show that the little girl is a black latino, there are a lot of minorities, and the game also goes out of his way to tell that the black hero is an English professor, although that element is never used in the plot. One of the other characters in the game is also told to keep his prejudices to himself. Nothing inherently wrong all in all but it felt really forced.

The main character is also the worst by far. He was not credible as a murderer and acted like a care bear.

George Bush HHR doesn't care about gay people wheat people black people.

Okay, let's be fair to HHR (despite the fact he's often not) and give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's capable of thinking beyond people as a caricature (given his opinions on gay people, this is giving him a LOT of benefit in this regards, but whatever).

Maybe it's just bad writing?

Let's face it: writing for computer games, even story-heavy ones, is mediocre at best in the vast majority of cases. And, hell, even it's popularity doesn't discount this possibiity: Twilight and Mass Effect pretty much tell us to expect terrible writing from popularly-liked stories. Given this game was released by the same company that thought the Soda Poppers were great characters to reuse certainly keeps clumsy writing in the realm of possibility. I can't talk about these things because I only saw twenty or so minutes of it and it was already bugging me to put me off the writing. But I get pedantic about these things far more than is probably reasonable, so to be fair let's give Telltale some leeway as well.

So, either you're right and it's post-aPoC gone mad; or you're just a bigoted idiot; or Telltale can't tell a tale; or maybe it's something else.

Let's just take the basic premise: a post-apocalyptic (specifically, zombie) fiction. These always bring up the somewhat randomness over who survives and who doesn't to show the frailty of humanity as a species, and to help get across the isolation and general feeling of loss, and to explain why people act in some of the dumb, suicidal ways they do at points. Even medium-sized cities (especially those in America) quite often have a bigger racial/cultural mix than smaller, rural areas: people (especially the poor) go there for jobs, businessmen visit there for business purposes, more doctors getting better pay than in their home countries, colleges and universities with international students, etc. And zombie stories usually require people to flee from the safety of their homes and communities, and to band together with other survivors to continue to survive. And if things are as severe as they are, trying to keep good relations with the people in your party is pretty important, because losing people (either through dying, zombification, or splitting of a party) just leads to weakness. Now, most people will gravitate towards people who are most "like" them, but that's not always an option.

What you've claimed as "PC rubbish" just seems to me to be the natural consequence of the type of story it is, and that it is a story (more importantly, an "interactive" one) and so the protagonist has to be relatable (otherwise, like a lot of modern horror movies, you just don't care if the people survive through the ordeal).
  • Take the demographics of an area, roll a d100 and chances are high you'll get a mix of races, genders, whatevers from who survives (unless, say, a particular race is more/less susceptible to it, but as far as I know this isn't the case in this story). And since this type of game generally has a wider audience than a lot of other games, the devs probably wanted to give more people someone to identify with: it might be the same for the TV show/comic book, but I don't know anything about them either.
  • Telltale chooses to have a black protagonist, which apparently is not a problem for you, so we'll skip over that under the benefit of the doubt clause.
  • However, he's an English professor or something, which apparently is a problem. Not sure why you'd care about this never occurring in a story where literary analysis, the pursuit of tenure, attending conferences, giving lectures, etc., have pretty much zero impact on the "new world". Most professions don't. Maybe the writers just decided to put in a more familiar profession to something they've done/know about? Maybe they needed a profession that wouldn't have much experience with violence so the player's control failures would still fit in the world better than if he'd been a cop or athlete or whatever profession you think he *should* have had. As the player's avatar, it make sense that he goes along with what other people suggest rather than having his own resources.
  • There's also the point of whom he murdered: it was someone important (don't remember the details, some politician I think), but given his wife was involved it's likely he'd probably have to be in a somewhat sedate, likely middle-class profession. This lets the wife a decent position to have the affair with the politician (can't be too wealthy/rich/important, or the affair is less likely to take place) while avoiding the situation where the politician has an affair with someone married to a man more likely to beat him up/kill him. Professor seems to fit in that list of professions. I don't know how much whom he killed affects the story, but if there's good reason for him to be a VIP then there's only so many people the protagonist-murderer can be without it entering too far into the unbelievability zones and turning people off the story.
  • He's also arrested or convicted of murder, but is apparently a "care bear": if he'd been violent or more thuggish or however you expect murderers to act, then that'd make him unlikeable and he'd have a hard time - as a non-"care bear" black murderer - getting a little girl to stay with him, or being accepted in a group, or having the little girl stay with him when they encounter more humans. And as this is a game made for the mass market of non dudebros, it'd be hard for a lot of people who'd want to play this game to relate to him. I'm assuming the girl's important to the story they wanted to tell, so he had to be "care bear" or else she'd wind up dead or being looked after by someone else; either that or they met nobody else (which apparently is not what happens in the story) better equipped to look after her, or the writers have no idea about how people act believably. Additionally, if he'd been a more stereotyped murderer, the officer at the start wouldn't have had a dialogue with him, wouldn't have crashed the car and we'd have a completely different story.
  • Since the protagonist is black, the little girl probably has to be as well. First, so that she trusts this random stranger - people respond better to people who look like them, after all - and, second, to help cement the father-daughter bond they apparently form during the game. If she'd been a different race, it wouldn't have worked as well as it did, especially if they'd encountered other people she'd have had more in common with.
  • As for the problem of people telling others to "keep their prejudices in check"; well I'd say the same thing. Not based on whether I'm LIBBRUL or a member of the KKK or whatever, but because it's an apocalypse going on, and there are more important problems going on than not liking someone's skin color. With the "world ending" and not a lot of people around to rely on, getting angry and fighting with other people is a waste of energy. Yes, it's human, but that's why other people (who -shock and horror- may feel differently about things than you do) will say to cool off: it's counterproductive at best, at worst (at least as far as this world is concerned), you're risking your life by having less people to rely upon by driving them away, or accidentally killing them and getting another zombie to have to fight off. Besides, it adds to potential conflicts between parties, and as this game has apparently nothing much but the story going for it, adding in conflicts is important so the writers have more wriggle room to work with.
Did Telltale do this way? The hell if I know. But I came up with this stuff in a couple of hours with this in the back of my mind while I did other stuff; if I'd been writing it for my job, then I might be able to be a bit tighter with it. This won't persuade you to think otherwise - I have read a thread you've posted in, after all - but it's a fun exercise coming up with much more logical responses than "Political Correctness? In MY videogames?"

You're not the self-loathing alternate personality of John Walker, are you?

It has nothing to do whatsoever with the protagonist, he was decent, and his being black changed nothing to the game.

So then what's your problem? If it changed nothing to the game (much like your choices :troll:), then how is he the "worst character by far" in this regard?

Also this sounds way too much like, "Some of my best friends favorite protagonists are black."

It only has to do with awkward, forced PC themes BioWare style seemingly seeping into games.

Aside: "lol Bioware's style is alllll contard, baby"

What's being forced? More than one race surviving an apocalypse? Black people in the middle class whose jobs are useless in a zombie attack? Black kids feeling closer to black adults? People who prioritize working together to survive over bitching about other people's skin?

Also, don't you have a new baby that you should be spending time with so as to ensure they don't turn into a depressed homosexual, secretly bringing drugs, booze and bread home to binge on? I mean I seriously enjoy your hilariously awful arguments, but if you're going to keep up your ruse of having a child raise a perfectly straight little Christian soldier who pops boners about waitresses like the old man, then shouldn't you be spamming the Codex less?

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Yeah, I think you're reading way too much into the PC thing. He's black... and a university professor. How would that even tie into the plot in a significant manner anyway?

People should be :x about that tramp Lilly sitting on the RV all day and telling people what to do. :codexisfor:

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Plus he's supposed to be in jail, so all is well in the world of The Walking Dead. ;)

The fact that Lily suddenly took over the group in season 2 surprised me a little. The first one made it pretty clear that Kenny got that job.

Deleted member 7219

Plus he's supposed to be in jail, so all is well in the world of The Walking Dead. ;)

The fact that Lily suddenly took over the group in season 2 surprised me a little. The first one made it pretty clear that Kenny got that job.

You mean episode 2?

Yeah, that was a little annoying. But it is indicative of the direction the series took as a whole - your choices didn't really affect the core storyline. It would have been nice to have had the leader depend on who you sided with in episode 1 - Lily or Kenny.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I agree, I blew through the game in a few days and finished the other day. I found it actually dragged me into the story/got me attached to the characters in a way few games do, nevermind other media. Some people may claim it sucks as a game, etc. because it's such an easy barely-an-adventure-game but as far as an interactive comic/movie goes, it's pretty great. It has at least as much gameplay as PS:T. *cough*

mediocrepoet

Patron
It has at least as much gameplay as PS:T. *cough*

:retarded: I really need to stop reading this thread

Ok, bye. It's not severely retarded, though. Both games have shit overall gameplay and basically boil down to selecting dialogue options and enjoying the story line (or not). Both games have garbage combat. If you don't enjoy the storyline, there's not a whole hell of a lot left to appeal to anyone in the case of either game. I'm not really clear on what else you might point to in PS:T that would show it has gameplay superiority to TWD. TWD is a shorter game, but whereas PS:T makes you read everything, TWD is more like an audio book.

Harold

Arcane
Both games have shit overall gameplay

TWD has no gameplay. QTEs are not gameplay. Shooting/hitting someone only when the 'game' allows you to is not gameplay. 'Solving' braindead puzzles is not gameplay.
PST only has shit gameplay if you think that only its combat constitutes gameplay, in which case :retarded:

boil down to selecting dialogue options and enjoying the story line
Except in PST the dialogue options available to you depend on how you built your character and further influence his growth and how he perceives the story, rest of the characters & gameworld. IN TWD you always have the same 4 character choices (of which the most aptly writenn is always the '...' one) that are always meaningless, providing only cosmetic choices, unless, of course, you are part of the Witcher 2 school of thought, in that replacing an npc with another in a cutscene is great C&C

Both games have garbage combat
TWD has no combat, it has QTEs. PST's combat is weak when compared to the rest of the IE games, but to equate it with TWD is, again, :retarded:.

If you don't enjoy the storyline, there's not a whole hell of a lot left to appeal to anyone in the case of either game.
The only non-:retarded: part of your post.

I'm not really clear on what else you might point to in PS:T that would show it has gameplay superiority to TWD.
Actual combat.
Actual inventory.
Actual puzzles.
Actual dialogues.
Actual companions.
Actual c&c.
Actual gameplay.

Back in the good-old days, you would've been labeled a dumbfuck for just mentioning PST and this pos lamestream goty in the same breath; now we have a 8 page thread where half the posters argue tha this manipulative-soap is a great story for 'stirring emotions'. The Codex is going down the toilet, :decline: etc.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Both games have shit overall gameplay

TWD has no gameplay. QTEs are not gameplay. Shooting/hitting someone only when the 'game' allows you to is not gameplay. 'Solving' braindead puzzles is not gameplay.
PST only has shit gameplay if you think that only its combat constitutes gameplay, in which case :retarded:

boil down to selecting dialogue options and enjoying the story line
Except in PST the dialogue options available to you depend on how you built your character and further influence his growth and how he perceives the story, rest of the characters & gameworld. IN TWD you always have the same 4 character choices (of which the most aptly writenn is always the '...' one) that are always meaningless, providing only cosmetic choices, unless, of course, you are part of the Witcher 2 school of thought, in that replacing an npc with another in a cutscene is great C&C

Both games have garbage combat
TWD has no combat, it has QTEs. PST's combat is weak when compared to the rest of the IE games, but to equate it with TWD is, again, :retarded:.

If you don't enjoy the storyline, there's not a whole hell of a lot left to appeal to anyone in the case of either game.
The only non-:retarded: part of your post.

I'm not really clear on what else you might point to in PS:T that would show it has gameplay superiority to TWD.
Actual combat.
Actual inventory.
Actual puzzles.
Actual dialogues.
Actual companions.
Actual c&c.
Actual gameplay.

Back in the good-old days, you would've been labeled a dumbfuck for just mentioning PST and this pos lamestream goty in the same breath; now we have a 8 page thread where half the posters argue tha this manipulative-soap is a great story for 'stirring emotions'. The Codex is going down the toilet, :decline: etc.

Alright do you feel better now that you've had your cry-fest?

I don't disagree that TWD has no actual C&C in terms of diverting the main plot, there are ways that you can change your interactions with the other characters and have different sorts of relationships for them and have events play out slightly differently. PS:T is no different. It happens to have more ways, being a longer game but the overall main story arc is the same however you play. I won't disagree that there are places where TWD railroads you because some of its characters are from the comic or tv series and so you can't affect certain things, but generally, the overall feel of it is pretty seamless.

Actual combat? How so, in that game you basically have all your dudes swarm over whatever more or less identical enemy you face throughout the game? It's mindless crap and the game would've been better not to have it at all - or perhaps to replace it with button mashing QTEs. TWD would basically be the same even if you took the QTEs entirely out.

TWD's puzzles are easy, but the choices you make aren't always.

It's unclear to me how you figure PS:T has actual companions when TWD doesn't unless you're just meaning that you can control them in combat, which isn't really a plus in that game. Your interactions with the NPCs are interesting in TWD as well.

How is PS:T's inventory a plus? You get boring gear to use in boring combat. Sometimes you have a quest item which you can use. Meh.

Look, I know you love your interactive novel because it was put out before 2000 - but other than its narrative and a few memorable scenes it's really not all that great. Taken at face value on the strength of its gameplay, removing narrative, it's terrible. If you ask me, that's how it resembles TWD - it's good if you can get involved with the storyline and if you can't, it sucks.

Harold

Arcane
I don't disagree that TWD has no actual C&C in terms of diverting the main plot, there are ways that you can change your interactions with the other characters and have different sorts of relationships for them and have events play out slightly differently. PS:T is no different. It happens to have more ways, being a longer game but the overall main story arc is the same however you play. I won't disagree that there are places where TWD railroads you because some of its characters are from the comic or tv series and so you can't affect certain things, but generally, the overall feel of it is pretty seamless.

I'd mostly agree, except PST allows you to kill/sell into slavery any of your companions, it allows you to kill major characters whenever you want (not all of them and not all of the time, but most of them, most of the time), it allows you to approach characters and quests differently and solve said quests differently i.e. it allows you to roleplay, which is vital when you have a set-in-stone main plot, because it allows your character to see (different parts of) the world differently. TWD tries to do this as well, but it's so laughably transparent in its fakenes it was obvious to me by episode 2 that nothing you do matters, and whatever choices you may select in dialogue your character always reverts to his default personality in cutscenes.

Actual combat? How so, in that game you basically have all your dudes swarm over whatever more or less identical enemy you face throughout the game? It's mindless crap and the game would've been better not to have it at all - or perhaps to replace it with button mashing QTEs.
Here I am trying to be reasonable, and you go and spout dumb bullshit like this. First of all, the enemies you face are quite varied, take a look at the game's bestiary to refresh your memory. Their tactics is what doesn't differ much, but past the mid point of the game if all you do is send all your party to rush them without using spells, special abilities, items you will end up with a full party wipe. Advocatin QTEs also doesn't do you any favours.

TWD would basically be the same even if you took the QTEs entirely out.
It would be less retarded and it would have no 'suspense' to create 'tense moments' for bored housewives and professional journalists who named it goty.
TWD's puzzles are easy, but the choices you make aren't always.
See above. If by the 2nd episode I can figure out all choices are meaningless then the forced moral dilemmas don't mean shit.
It's unclear to me how you figure PS:T has actual companions when TWD doesn't unless you're just meaning that you can control them in combat, which isn't really a plus in that game. Your interactions with the NPCs are interesting in TWD as well.
You're trolling me, right? The 'companions' of The Walking Shit (aren't I clever and witty?) are bare-bones Bioware whiners. You can summarise each and evryone of them with 'do what i say and i'll like you, don't and I'll hate you'. None of them felel like actual human beings, just mechanical pidgeons that blurp out 'you chose x so now y is gonna happen herpa derp', 'We did kill her dad' 'Yes we did herpa derp', all this because they had to reinforce their marketing of 'story that adapts to your choices.' This all culminates with that laughably bad 'end boss' that recites all your choices like a laundry list in a desperate attempt to reinforce the very same overtly-transparent-otherwise illusion of choice.
I don't really have to go on and explain why PST's companions and your interactions with them are vastly superior, do I?

How is PS:T's inventory a plus? You get boring gear to use in boring combat. Sometimes you have a quest item which you can use. Meh.
If PST has boring items, the I don't know what game has interesting ones. Gamebanshee has a list of all the items you can find in the game. Go and refresh your memory.

Look, I know you love your interactive novel because it was put out before 2000 - but other than its narrative and a few memorable scenes it's really not all that great. Taken at face value on the strength of its gameplay, removing narrative, it's terrible.
Nice strawman and ad hominem. I happen to think PST is overrated, yet not nearly as overrated as TWD. Also, it's an rpg, not an interactive novel, because how you build your character influences what dialogue choices you have available which in turn influences what bits of the story are reveled to you and thus, how you get to interact with the world. You can put yourself in the situation of not being able to finish PST if you didn't pay attention, didn't find certain bits of infomation, don't have high enough stats (you won't be able to 'defeat' your previous three incarnations). The only way you lose at TWD is by not tapping q fast enough.

If you ask me, that's how it resembles TWD - it's good if you can get involved with the storyline and if you can't, it sucks.
I know plenty of people that, while hating reading walls-of-texts, could eventually get past that because it had sufficient rpg elements to keep them going. Eventually, they reach a point where the story clicks for them and they'll genuinely enjoy the whole experience. The only way to enjoy TWD as an adventure game or as a story is if you have shit taste. Then again, I've yet to finish it seven times, so what do I know?

mediocrepoet

Patron
I'd mostly agree, except PST allows you to kill/sell into slavery any of your companions, it allows you to kill major characters whenever you want (not all of them and not all of the time, but most of them, most of the time), it allows you to approach characters and quests differently and solve said quests differently i.e. it allows you to roleplay, which is vital when you have a set-in-stone main plot, because it allows your character to see (different parts of) the world differently. TWD tries to do this as well, but it's so laughably transparent in its fakenes it was obvious to me by episode 2 that nothing you do matters, and whatever choices you may select in dialogue your character always reverts to his default personality in cutscenes.

Yeah fair enough on both counts. I suspect I had a different experience due to different choices that most likely made it for the most part less transparent, but I was aware that there were issues in any case.

Here I am trying to be reasonable, and you go and spout dumb bullshit like this. First of all, the enemies you face are quite varied, take a look at the game's bestiary to refresh your memory. Their tactics is what doesn't differ much, but past the mid point of the game if all you do is send all your party to rush them without using spells, special abilities, items you will end up with a full party wipe. Advocatin QTEs also doesn't do you any favours.

Nah, I beat PS:T too. The combat's simple and although the bestiary is varied, it doesn't really mean anything because the enemies all feel the same (as I recall), except possible TTO. I'm not actually advocating QTEs so much as saying PS:T's combat is so awful that it's really not any better.

The 'companions' of The Walking Shit (aren't I clever and witty?)

Not really, but I'll try not to hold it against you.

You can summarise each and evryone of them with 'do what i say and i'll like you, don't and I'll hate you'. None of them felel like actual human beings, just mechanical pidgeons that blurp out 'you chose x so now y is gonna happen herpa derp', 'We did kill her dad' 'Yes we did herpa derp', all this because they had to reinforce their marketing of 'story that adapts to your choices.' This all culminates with that laughably bad 'end boss' that recites all your choices like a laundry list in a desperate attempt to reinforce the very same overtly-transparent-otherwise illusion of choice.

Yeah, these are fair criticisms. The game does come back in some ways from having companions who are irritated when you fight with them. For instance, on balance my playthrough had a decent relationship with Kenny and had him redeem himself in certain ways... but, I didn't always agree with him and they fought on several occasions. I haven't played through the game 7 times either and I don't intend to, but I suspect that some of the nature of their interactions and Kenny's manner of exiting the game wasn't set in stone.

I don't really have to go on and explain why PST's companions and your interactions with them are vastly superior, do I?

Not really, I don't particularly like the game. I may eventually replay it just to try and see it with fresh eyes and actually engage with the narrative just to see if I missed something "magical" the first time through, but otherwise, meh.

If PST has boring items, the I don't know what game has interesting ones. Gamebanshee has a list of all the items you can find in the game. Go and refresh your memory.

Mmm, I don't mean that the items are boring in terms of descriptions and such. I'm more meaning that if you find a new weapon or tattoo, it doesn't really matter because the game's combat is so uninteresting that it doesn't really feel any different or important. As opposed to say, in IWD2 where finding certain weapons that do given damage types or have certain abilities really is a milestone and has more "gameplay weight".

I happen to think PST is overrated, yet not nearly as overrated as TWD.

I agree with the first part of the sentiment, the second only if you're specifically talking about in mainstream audiences.

Also, it's an rpg, not an interactive novel, because how you build your character influences what dialogue choices you have available which in turn influences what bits of the story are reveled to you and thus, how you get to interact with the world. You can put yourself in the situation of not being able to finish PST if you didn't pay attention, didn't find certain bits of infomation, don't have high enough stats (you won't be able to 'defeat' your previous three incarnations). The only way you lose at TWD is by not tapping q fast enough.

Alright, I see where you're coming from and that's a fair assessment. (I still think PS:T is an interactive novel.)

I know plenty of people that, while hating reading walls-of-texts, could eventually get past that because it had sufficient rpg elements to keep them going. Eventually, they reach a point where the story clicks for them and they'll genuinely enjoy the whole experience. The only way to enjoy TWD as an adventure game or as a story is if you have shit taste. Then again, I've yet to finish it seven times, so what do I know?

Well, I suppose I come at it from the opposite direction. I don't like horror movies, I think the zombie genre is retarded, etc. yet I still liked TWD. I don't know that I would enjoy replaying it since the illusion of choice would become more transparent in certain ways and seeing how choices affect sidestories would become more game-y... but for a one off experience for just over $10 (got it on sale), it was worth the money. On the other hand, I don't mind reading walls of text and enjoy RPGs and D&D based games, but didn't particularly care for PS:T at all.

aris

Arcane
Just played through pretty much of all of the episodes in one sitting. I just could not stop playing, I haven't played a game in a long time that was this tense and this engaging. This is some of the best story telling in a video gamer, ever, period. There are no villains in this game, just believable, greatly written multi-faceted characters with conflicting motives and thoughts on how to handle situations where mere survival is the only thing that matters. Really, I can't really complement the writing of this game, an absolute gem and a must for any story fag.

Also, has more C&C than pretty much any RPG out there, spanning over several episodes: I don't think the story branches out as much as say, the witcher 2, but the choices feel meaningful, and they feel like that they have an impact on the game, which is the important part.

aris

Arcane
Although I was majorly pissed that this Carley girl, the only "love interest" for the character so far and the only woman that is neither batshit insane or suicidal got fucking killed!
4char-forever-alone-guy-high-resolution.png

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyone know why zombies were able to follow the train for hundreds of miles? You'd think they would stop hearing it after it got far enough away from them.

aris

Arcane
They might have been following the rails, it's not really clear just how intelligent they are. It does seem like they are not blind, and are able to follow objects when they are detected, so it isn't unlikely.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Well, in the comic books they would follow a sound for miles, hours after they had heard it. They'd hear the sound, start moving in that direction and simply continue because there's not really much reason to stop.

aris

Arcane
What really bugged me out, is that the zombies were immortal save for getting their brain destroyed, and could seemingly survive indefinitly without food, as seen by the zombies that were still alive impaled on a spike on the zombie barracade keeping people from Crawford out. Why did they then have an instinct to eat anything?

Cool name

Arcane
I did just finish this today and it was way better than I did expect it to be. The game interactive story did somehow manage to get me to empathize with a guy who was both black and supposedly a bookworm, and that's pretty much a triumph of interactive storytelling. Yet I do have to wonder whether the writers did intentionally set to create the most obnoxious group of survivors to ever grace a videogame. Lee is pretty badass, the hobo and the parkour girl are cool, Clem is so cute I could eat her... But the rest? OMG. Most of my enjoyment did come from watching all those jerks and bitches break down, go insane, and die painfully. I will probably replay it once just to maximise Lee's asshole-ism to everybody but those I did mention. And I do hope the sequel does give us the chance to get Omid and Christa killed. Their plot invulnerability was quite disappointing. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom