Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Way of Wrath now on Kickstarter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Animmal; The Way of Wrath

Since 2019 we've been following The Way of Wrath, an upcoming tactical RPG from two-man Georgian indie team Animmal where you lead the survivors of a rustic early Bronze Age tribe who are under siege by their enemies after losing a war. After a brief beta release last year and much speculation about additional beta builds, crowdfunding and Early Access, today the game finally arrived on Kickstarter. The pitch video is a decent enough introduction, though I would also recommend checking out the campaign page where there are plenty of details about the setting and gameplay hidden further down. But for now, here's the video along with the press release sent out by Animmal today:

Tbilisi, Georgia – February 1st, 2021 – Independent developer Animmal today announced the start of the Kickstarter campaign for the story-driven, open-world tactical RPG, The Way of Wrath. With a crowdfunding goal of €23,000 and a number of exciting stretch goals, the team plans to bring the game to Steam Early Access later in 2021. Visit The Way of Wrath’s Kickstarter campaign now and support the game by backing the project in exchange for exclusive rewards:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/animmal/the-way-of-wrath-rpg

“Over the last three years we’ve laid a solid foundation for The Way of Wrath to become an exceptional RPG and now we’re seeking help from the roleplaying community to bring the epic story of the Thein people to life,” said Dato Kiknavelidze, Co-Founder of Animmal. “In order to honor the creativity and dedication of hardcore RPG players, we’ve prepared tons of community events where we’ll involve our backers in designing various in-game elements and give out amazing prizes along the way!”

The Way of Wrath is a narrative-driven tactical RPG featuring turn-based, dynamic combat and a non-linear world where your decisions matter. Set in a pseudo-historic Bronze Age, the meticulously handcrafted wintry landscapes of The Way of Wrath seethes with shamans, curses, and dark rituals. You are on a quest to unite a war-torn army of nomads and to prepare for an impending enemy onslaught. Unrelenting environmental hazards, scarce supplies, and vicious enemies are only a few of the adversities you will encounter on this harrowing journey. Forge your destiny as a tyrant, trickster, or noble leader but remember, with every action there are consequences.

Stay up-to-date with the development news by adding The Way of Wrath to your Steam Wishlist, visiting the official website, joining the Discord community, and following the game on Twitter and Facebook.

Animmal are looking to raise €23,0000 to make The Way of Wrath, a funding goal that's certainly reachable. Right now you can secure a copy of the game (including beta access) for just €15, with additional in-game items and a season pass available in the ultimate digital edition at €50. The estimated release date is February 2022.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What in the world?
5da4b21b3568bdd38e3a265b290d966f_original.jpg

05ada96a26fc85abf7c2e91e6f681ebe_original.gif

Come on baby light my fire....

Hellwalker

Animmal
Developer
funding goal that's certainly reachable
Is it really enough though?
Yes! The Cost of Living in Georgia is much lower than the US or the EU so think 3X or even 4X money compared to high-cost countries.
We have quotes from professionals (that we have worked with for years) in Audio/VFX and what's left after that along with our asset store funds will give us a solid one year to a full-time focus on the game along with some budget for QA before launch.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Seriously? Again with this abomination? I see you're a persistent poop lover.

it looks very unremarkable, uninspiring, unoriginal. Literally see 0 things of interest here.

Shillfinintron always championed decline so it doesn't surprise me, he is willing to sell his ass for a round of coquetting. Truly pathetic

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Doesn't just put up the latest game news? I didn't think front page forum articles were his preference.... then again sometimes I don't see new news for days to a week at a time. I guess i expect something new each day like the newspaper.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Dungeon Siege called, they want their milquetoast mojo back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom