Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers - coming to Kickstarter in May

Lemming42

Arcane
My cock grows ever more erect whenever I see one of those Ted post roundups.

Obviously, some anxieties about feature creep and aiming too high, but if they manage to stick to this and incorporate all the features they're planning, this could easily turn out to be the hottest shit of the 2020s.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
My cock grows ever more erect whenever I see one of those Ted post roundups.

Obviously, some anxieties about feature creep and aiming too high, but if they manage to stick to this and incorporate all the features they're planning, this could easily turn out to be the hottest shit of the 2020s.

Not only 2020's but it can be there at the top with greats like VTMB, Arcanum, Fallout or even surpass them.

ironmask

Arbiter
I wonder how the graphics will look like. Will they go with a realistic style or will they go with cel shading and have a cartooney look like most indie studios do?

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I believe pretty much everything Ted mentioned is doable from a systems/programming perspective, but i do hope that people realize that this is essentially a small indie studio of currently four people (according to their site and plus some contractors, apparently) and not expect much from the assets side (especially for visuals). Unless they manage to convince a publisher to spend many millions on them, at best i'd expect something like what Spiders, Piranha Bytes or Frictional are making (and even those have several more people).

As for style, personally i do not mind a bit of stylization, though i'm not a fan of cel shaded cartoony graphics (unless they fit the overall game theme, of course). But something similar to VtMB stylization (ie. a realistic base but with exaggerated atmosphere, environments/locations and character features) should be perfectly fine.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I believe pretty much everything Ted mentioned is doable from a systems/programming perspective, but i do hope that people realize that this is essentially a small indie studio of currently four people (according to their site and plus some contractors, apparently) and not expect much from the assets side (especially for visuals). Unless they manage to convince a publisher to spend many millions on them, at best i'd expect something like what Spiders, Piranha Bytes or Frictional are making (and even those have several more people).

As for style, personally i do not mind a bit of stylization, though i'm not a fan of cel shaded cartoony graphics (unless they fit the overall game theme, of course). But something similar to VtMB stylization (ie. a realistic base but with exaggerated atmosphere, environments/locations and character features) should be perfectly fine.

They also got some people which they did not announce yet and modders from daggerfall unity are also helping them, so while there are 3 main devs, there are probably like 10-15 people on this.

Seeing the quality of their intro/music in the q&a video, they want top quality that's why they are holding out on the gameplay/teaser video.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Check out how Daggerfall Unity is awesome with some mods to get a perspective on how the new game might be

a6ZDEq4.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Saw Dan Nalezyty today on Discord.....wow they are really bringing old Bethesda back, Dan is making art.

and Eric Heberling making music, that's 5 original Bethesda members now.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
I do not believe they know what good game is... all have they made is janky engines with barebone game mechanics. I do not understand why somebody should be interested in that? SAD

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I do not believe they know what good game is... all have they made is janky engines with barebone game mechanics. I do not understand why somebody should be interested in that? SAD

1/10 attempt, they have created the most complex character creation system in Daggerfall to be ever made in an RPG, try again.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Didn't they say that there would be some kind of an announcement by the end of the year? Is there something other than TGA coming up?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Didn't they say that there would be some kind of an announcement by the end of the year? Is there something other than TGA coming up?

They will have their own announcement, they don't have a publisher so they don't care about shows like that.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I think the devs have stopped posting on the discord and are making the game silentely when they have seen it's mostly skyrim crowd there that wants action game. :M

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

grimace

Arcane
I think the devs have stopped posting on the discord and are making the game silentely when they have seen it's mostly skyrim crowd there that wants action game. :M

Fan projects are pushing out trailers that are confusing the brand.

TES Daggerfall On Skyrim Engine - 4k Graphics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAXfqA8-LE0

but what that has to do anything with their new game? :M

I am agreeing with you how the OnceLost devolopers are faced with feedback from players who want a Daggerfall in the Skyrim engine game.

Expectations for a Daggerfall sequel are raised by fan projects that focus on graphics. OnceLost Games will not be using any Bethesda owned art, music, assets, intellectual property.

OnceLost games gathered to make a game centered around new game play and not cutting edge AAA graphics.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Yes, and they are not making a Skyrim either..... they clearly stated it's a 'spiritual successor to Daggerfall' but dumb$@!!$@ are flogging their discord and basicaly begging them for Skyrim or some other action game, good thing they won't listen to them.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Anyway, 2 weeks untill the end of the year..... let's hope they can deliver on the announcement promise or it will be the first red flag.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yes, and they are not making a Skyrim either..... they clearly stated it's a 'spiritual successor to Daggerfall' but dumb$@!!$@ are flogging their discord and basicaly begging them for Skyrim or some other action game, good thing they won't listen to them.

Well, it does kind of sound like they’re just making a procedurally generated Oblivion, only without as stupid writing.

I hope it isn’t that, but... that’s pretty much the gist I’ve gotten.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Well, it does kind of sound like they’re just making a procedurally generated Oblivion, only without as stupid writing.

I hope it isn’t that, but... that’s pretty much the gist I’ve gotten.

They got Indigo and Zaric on their team, if you do some digging, you will see they are heavily towards a Daggerfallesque game

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I haven't seen anything to suggest Zaric has an official role in the company.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
He's the only scrolls fan left with a following. That's pretty much it.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I haven't seen anything to suggest Zaric has an official role in the company.

In the QA video Ted said he is discussing ideas with Zaric, that's why in Discord he has been given 'High Council' position.

I know Indigo is the marketing director but what does Zaric do?

see above ^

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom