Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2 is Here

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Trash said:
debatable to say the least

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
moor like

The Wit

The Twit

The twitur

The twtu

moor like the turd 2, am i fucking right guys

this is gonna be so much shit nigs i can feel in my balls its gonna come out and its gonna be shit

Yeah, shut the fuck up. I'm talking to you

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
CSM said:
No support for 4:3 and "smaller" screens.

That means black bars, and an UI that doesn't scale and is unreadable (especially at lower resolutions).

Game shouldn't have been released.

Grow up. It's been almost impossible to even buy a 4:3 screen for years now. I keep one handy only for playing old games on.

It doesn't matter if you prefer 4:3 (I used to think I did too and it still is for some things - just not modern games and video), the fact is that it is dead. Drag yourself into the 21st century FFS.

turul

Augur
Anyone has any idea how long the game is if you would just bust through the entire thing as fast as possible?
I haven't played it since yesterday afternoon, since my power supply in my pc gave up on me. Fucking twitcher is destroying my PC, working my graphics card to the max.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
turul said:
Anyone has any idea how long the game is if you would just bust through the entire thing as fast as possible?
I haven't played it since yesterday afternoon, since my power supply in my pc gave up on me. Fucking twitcher is destroying my PC, working my graphics card to the max.

I believe if you just rush through the main story and avoid all side quests you can finish it in 20-25hrs. Why anyone would want to do that is beyond me though.

turul

Augur
AlaCarcuss said:
turul said:

I believe if you just rush through the main story and avoid all side quests you can finish it in 20-25hrs. Why anyone would want to do that is beyond me though.

Because if I know how long the game it takes to finish that way, then I can estimate how long it takes when I screw around on each levels picking flowers and other junk and if it's worth to pick up all this stuff.

I guess i still have the dragon age syndrome, where I picked all those fucking salts and made traps etc.. and never even used them at all, and then the game ended on me.

poetic codex

Augur
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but (at least in the prologue), the color scheme, graphics tint, and the interface is very reminiscent of Dragon Age 2.

For the journal, quest screen, and character screen, the interface is similar to DA 2's. Is this something from WOW/mmorpg's or what? Just curious because this seems to be the direction that RPG's will go now when it comes to the UI.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
poetic codex said:
For the journal, quest screen, and character screen, the interface is similar to DA 2's. Is this something from WOW/mmorpg's or what? Just curious because this seems to be the direction that RPG's will go now when it comes to the UI.
It is similar. Clearly the devs want to port the game to consoles later, this is why the UI is like this.

turul

Augur
J_C said:
poetic codex said:
It is similar. Clearly the devs want to port the game to consoles later, this is why the UI is like this.

There is no denial whatsoever, that CDproject is planning it to release it on the consoles. I bet this game works better with a gamepad, that's why there is that "enter" and "esc" written on the buttons and it almost feels like they were playtesting it extensively with a controller, not mouse.

I have a feeling, that PC users are being used as labrats to get all the bugs out, so basically we are testing an alpha-stage console game.

J_C, (Hungary) es beszélsz is magyarul?

Devil

Scholar
turul said:
I have a feeling, that PC users are being used as labrats to get all the bugs out, so basically we are testing an alpha-stage console game.
Do you seriously think the Xbrick can manage this game without serious downgrading the graphics and what not? Really? Because I think the full glory of TW2 can only be achievable on the PC.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
turul said:
J_C said:
poetic codex said:

There is no denial whatsoever, that CDproject is planning it to release it on the consoles. I bet this game works better with a gamepad, that's why there is that "enter" and "esc" written on the buttons and it almost feels like they were playtesting it extensively with a controller, not mouse.

I hope they make the game Kinect compatibilie when porting to Xbawks (Kinect is that zany motion-capturing device MS's been developing in response to Wii). They could use it to make the QTE cutscenes even more immersive. Or to add a sex minigame.

"Stand so that the sensor can see you. Gyrate your hips like this <picture> to make the whore come. Faster. Faster. Faster. Off-tempo. Faster. Too fast. Premature ejaculation. The whore is not pleased."

Imagine the achievements!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
PrzeSzkoda said:
I hope they make the game Kinect compatibilie when porting to Xbawks (Kinect is that zany motion-capturing device MS's been developing in response to Wii). They could use it to make the QTE cutscenes even more immersive. Or to add a sex minigame.

"Stand so that the sensor can see you. Gyrate your hips like this <picture> to make the whore come. Faster. Faster. Faster. Off-tempo. Faster. Too fast. Premature ejaculation. The whore is not pleased."

It wouldn't work because in TW2 there are no gay romances.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
commie said:
PrzeSzkoda said:

It wouldn't work because in TW2 there are no gay romances.

What does gay have to do with sex minigames? :retarded: The idea's brilliant, I say!

Also I think Sapkowski would rage were they to turn Geralt into a fag. He's an all-potato guy, hates fags and considers niggers subhuman. He sure does love some girl-on-girl action, though.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
PrzeSzkoda said:
He's an all-potato guy, hates fags and considers niggers subhuman.
And that's why he condemns racism in his books? He said something that may seem racist, but it was a sarcasm. And you have to take into consideration that he likes to say various things just for the lulz, so you shouldn't take everything he says serioulsy.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
BelisariuS.F said:
PrzeSzkoda said:
And that's why he condemns racism in his books? He said something that may seem racist, but it was a sarcasm. And you have to take into consideration that he likes to say various things just for the lulz, so you shouldn't take everything he says serioulsy.

He often does act like a Codexian troll, and likes his booze. He's all-potato for me. :smug: I dunno about his actual beliefs, but I'll keep on thinking he's racist since it's more fun this way, especially considering what's in the books, as you pointed out.

ZbojLamignat

Educated
PrzeSzkoda said:
BelisariuS.F said:
PrzeSzkoda said:

He often does act like a Codexian troll, and likes his booze. He's all-potato for me. :smug: I dunno about his actual beliefs, but I'll keep on thinking he's racist since it's more fun this way, especially considering what's in the books, as you pointed out.
Don't know where you got that from, but he's an all-leftfag with honoris causa straight from Gazeta Wyborcza.

I mean, the way in which his books are anti-racist, pacifist and feminist is rather telling ffs.

But he is an alcoholic, that's true.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
I got it from various interviews with him I read back in the day (7 or 8 years ago, mind you). He'd always troll the interviewer one way or another. There was this whole lulzy affair with him being quoted "out of context" by some journo-gal whom he denied an interview, but, in fact, the things quoted by her are stock phrases of his.

It's sad that he's actually leftist. I liked him more when I thought he was all-potato. :(

And BTW what a guy writes, especially in a novel or any other work of fiction, does not necesarrily correspond to what the guy does himself, e.g. Dostoyevsky always condemned gambling in his writings but was a compulsive gambler himself.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
PrzeSzkoda said:
What does gay have to do with sex minigames? :retarded: The idea's brilliant, I say!

Obviously you don't get the subtlety of my joke. :sigh: What I meant was the types of people who'd want to play kinect sex minigames are the types of people who want faggot romance in their games(Bioware fans), and anything to make their closet faggotry more immediate like kinect would only be useful in a game that has gay romances, TW being of course a game that doesn't.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
commie said:
PrzeSzkoda said:

Obviously you don't get the subtlety of my joke. :sigh: What I meant was the types of people who'd want to play kinect sex minigames are the types of people who want faggot romance in their games(Bioware fans), and anything to make their closet faggotry more immediate like kinect would only be useful in a game that has gay romances, TW being of course a game that doesn't.

What you did not seem to get from *my* response is that I do not consider Bioware fans that far off from Twitcher fans. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom