Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Review Round-up

Another DU soshul experiment at work? Or a pissing match illustrating the decline (think Ali v. Frazier vs. Kimbo Slice v. Petruzelli)?

Either way more lulz for me! :D

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
SpaceKungFuMan said:
Nice job ignoring the rest of my two sentence post.
I think the rest of your post was summed up quite eloquently by the part I quoted that it "is clearly more than a simple patch". Which I then went on and pointed out that this "more than a patch" still CTD's and "only manages to reach base camp", despite all the extra effort.

SpaceKungFuMan said:
Games are released unfinished all the time, and normally the best we can hope for is bug fixes. CDProjekt went back and fixed major content issues and released the fixes for free, even after the game had already been so successful and had been generally well reviewed by the mainstream gaming press. This is the kind of behavior we want to encourage.
Release game in poor state. If it sells well, promise to release game in fixed state. Finally, re-release game in improved state but still with flaws. Enough flaws by the way, that it only manages to get the same average review score it had before.

You really want to encourage this behaviour? How many more Enhanced Editions would you like to see for The Witcher? As opposed to say, a fully-fledged expansion pack or two?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
What is your problem? Those who previously purchased it before did not have to pay for the enhanced edition.

This place's getting ridiculous by the day.

Silellak

Cipher
RK47 said:
What is your problem? Those who previously purchased it before did not have to pay for the enhanced edition.

This place's getting ridiculous by the day.

Don't even bother; this debate has happened on at least 3 other threads, and as you can see, DU is quite unreachable by logic when it comes to the Witcher.

I think CD Projekt raped his family or something.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Humanophage said:
1a1070989012.jpg

Privet.

Doesn't matter. Both have hot girlz

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
DarkUnderlord said:
Any country that's been buttraped by the USSR = Russia. It's a well-known fact which cannot be disputed by your lies of "independence".

Actually, Romania was never a part of USSR. Yes, we had a communist dictator for quite some time, but he actually opposed the USSR on a number of occasions, most notably being the invasion of Czechoslovakia. More in the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania#Communism

So your attempt of covering your initial mistake fails. :)

Hazelnut

Erudite
Why doesn't DU have "The Bitcher" under his name yet? Anyone else on the site would have it by now! C'mon you other admins, you know DU loves teh lulz.

Deleted member 7219

Because he gives the titles now VD is a regular member, Calis is AWOL, and Saint Proverbius only pops in occasionally.

Shannow

Waster of Time
SuicideBunny said:
inwoker said:
By that logic Iraq = US of A
a well known fact, sir.
And with Afghanistan they are one of the worlds leaders in heroine prduction :patriot:
Why doesn't DU have "The Bitcher" under his name yet? Anyone else on the site would have it by now! C'mon you other admins, you know DU loves teh lulz.
If I were DU, I'd already changed it myself. Probably doesn't like it or lacks humor *shrug*

Lurkar

Scholar
Sign me up for giving him "The Bitcher" as well. DU becomes Skyway whenever this game is mentioned.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
What, criticise the Witcher? How dare I!

DarkUnderlord said:
Oh look, the Polish Witcher Fanboi Club™ are trying too hard again with absolutely no counter-arguments what-so-ever to a news post which does little more than quote lines from reviews.

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
DarkUnderlord said:

DarkUnderlord said:
Oh look, the Polish Witcher Fanboi Club™ are trying too hard again with absolutely no counter-arguments what-so-ever to a news post which does little more than quote lines from reviews.

SpaceKungFuMan said:
Can you name a single patch that contained a rewritten script, rerecorded dialog in multiple languages, and additional character models?

Hazelnut

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:

No, you don't, DU - you fucking bitch and whine about it every chance you get. That's fine, if irritating and shrill, but hey no one here's gonna stop you and no regular can be bothered to respond any more. So, come on, man up (as Roqua would say) and at least show you have a sense of humour and give yourself the title!

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
SpaceKungFuMan said:
Can you name a single patch that contained a rewritten script
How many games original translations were so bad they needed to re-write the entire script? Most games get that right the first time. Really, if English isn't your primary language, you should look into spending a little more effort there in the first place.

Also...
  • Old: Humans have always hated dwarves and elves.

New: Why do pricks go in cunts? It's the natural order of things. Humans have always hated dwarves and elves. Not for me to know why.
Why do pricks go in cunts? That's quality right there.

SpaceKungFuMan said:
rerecorded dialog in multiple languages
Before. After.

Why, I'm just astounded at the Enhancement.

SpaceKungFuMan said:
and additional character models?
I hear Valve are releasing an Enhanced Edition of Half-Life 2. You know that black guy you meet? Well they've increased the size of his nutsack and made his hair more life-like. That girl too is getting larger boobs and more realistic make-up. It'll be totally worth the time and effort!

Hazelnut said:
No, you don't, DU - you fucking bitch and whine about it every chance you get
Like I do Fallout 3? Wow. Will I get a tag for that too? Oh no wait, it's because Fallout 3 doesn't have a vapid fan group at the Codex. Hey, I just made a post criticising Sacred 2 as well for doing a Witcher (releasing a shoddy product that needs significant patches to fix problems that would've been obvious to anyone who actually play-tested the game), will that be three tags?

Hazelnut

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
Hazelnut said:
No, you don't, DU - you fucking bitch and whine about it every chance you get
Like I do Fallout 3? Wow. Will I get a tag for that too? Oh no wait, it's because Fallout 3 doesn't have a vapid fan group at the Codex. Hey, I just made a post criticising Sacred 2 as well for doing a Witcher (releasing a shoddy product that needs significant patches to fix problems that would've been obvious to anyone who actually play-tested the game), will that be three tags?

No one minded your criticism so much when the Witcher had just been released, because it was topical. But now you're like a fucking broken record, just bitching away at every opportunity FOR OVER A YEAR SINCE THE GAME WAS RELEASED! Fallout 3 has just been released, and if you're constantly (i.e. not the odd comment here and there) bitching about that in a biased 'they killed my puppy' way in a years' time I'll ask you to shut the fuck up about that too.

Many people like cd Projekt's attitude to creating games, yet you seem to think that the Codex has to hate everything and slag off all developers. I can't explain your irrationality any other way. Very few people claim TW is perfect, but fuck it, I've said this all before, you just aint listening. What's the use. I guess you missed what I was saying in your blind hate nerd rage against TW.

Also, it doesn't have to be a tag you know - just a custom title. You know, like VD's "Ubersturmfuhrer". I guess we've always known you only have a sense of humour when it comes to other people.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Hazelnut said:
No one minded your criticism so much when the Witcher had just been released, because it was topical. But now you're like a fucking broken record, just bitching away at every opportunity FOR OVER A YEAR SINCE THE GAME WAS RELEASED!
The "Enhanced" Edition (remember, not a patch! - which seemingly warranted a whole new round of reviews), was released on September 16, 2008. That makes it... Two months and four days. Incidentally I wrote a review that bitched about BioShock a whole 7 months after that was released. Mind you, a few people did tell me to shutup about that one but it seemed to be more because it wasn't an RPG rather than anything else.

Hazelnut said:
Fallout 3 has just been released, and if you're constantly (i.e. not the odd comment here and there) bitching about that in a biased 'they killed my puppy' way in a years' time I'll ask you to shut the fuck up about that too.
You mean like you tell all those people to shut up about Oblivion? A game which, incidentally, we're still posting news items about a whole two years after it came out (you'd note that's a more negative than positive news post too)?

Hazelnut said:
Also, it doesn't have to be a tag you know - just a custom title. You know, like VD's "Ubersturmfuhrer". I guess we've always known you only have a sense of humour when it comes to other people.
Actually Calis proposed that tag and VD asked for it. You'll note I'm pretty much the only Admin here without a custom tag or avatar. I like to keep in touch with the plebs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom