Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher

merry andrew

Erudite
Jasede said:
I hope it can be played using the Wii-remote.
Whatever, it's all about the XBOX360 controller. Yeaaah, baby.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yarpen, if you really claim to be a fan of the witcher, shut the fuck up and stop posting this Anti-Propaganda against the game here.

Your postings about the sucky combat have already made me forget im actually looking forward for the game because of the multiple paths to solve quests, choices and consequences and moral amiguity.

Just a honest hint...

I've wrtitten about fight cause somebody asked.
For me also non-linear story, moral choices etc are the most important part of this game. Dev's promise, that there are 3 endings, and you aren't going to be forced to choose at the end one of them. They say, that during all the game your choices wil affect development of the story. And apparently small events can cause serious effects in the future, not near future, but far and you won't save and load to check what will happen if i do something.

During our trip to studio they presented us one quest, and how will affect it future. There was a point of killing, torturing or setting free a prisoner (you had few more options, i just don't remember what). On your decision depended yours friend's life or yours women's life. There were no right choices, and while choosing you didn't know what will it cause.
If there will be many such quests, i think that you'll be satisfied with non-linearity and moral choices. At E3 2005 they presented how choosing one of the two door can affect the story, so i believe that this makes very multiple paths and is the most important aspect of the game - for me too.

Somebody asked about quest in general - well, what can I say. Definitely there won't be quests like take this book to my friend and i'll tell you something, because witcher is a serious character.
There will be a lot of typical quests connected with witchers job - killing monsters for money. No heroic fights for poor citizens of some city for free, i hope...

I don't know what will dialogues look like, apart from that options can change depending on your past actions. And how drunken you and your partner are, if you are in tavern.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The annoying thing is that dealing with the prisoner is exactly the one important choice we've already heard about, so this sounds far too much like Fargoth.
I remain hopeful though.

Here you are right... Hope there will be more things like that. Maybe at GC they'll show something new.

Dagon

Scholar
I really prefer TB over RT.
Just believe me, The Witcher in TB wouldn't be The Witcher based on the books, from what yarpen said the combat is really dynamic and fast, just as it was written in Sapkowski's books, still the combat seems to be quite tactical.
Still i'm more interested to see dialogs or parts of the story

Dagon

Scholar
I just saw the cinematic trailer to The Witcher (Exlusive in the polish magazine's cover cd), it's great in artistic way with cool music, great atmosphere, good and untypical style of animation.
Probably they will put it on their site for about week or something so i really suggest you all to watch it ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom