Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

There is another world. There is a better world... Well... there must be (Doom Patrol)

Random

Arcane
Patron
PENIS

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Rest assured, update will come later today...

But first I must level this character to 25 in Champions Online.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Not only is Superman a travesty, but also the character which I like the most in that entire fucking setting: Lex Luthor. Michael Rose-cheek-arse phones it in and creates the blandest Lex Luthor to date (even worse than the Luthor from all of those Anime Superman series that've been popping up on the kiddie channels as of late). Not only that, but he comes off more as a guy who throws money around himself instead of being the wealthy genius which he supposed to be. But nope, the Smallville writers didn't get that fucking detail about Lex Luthor so we're stuck with a playboy who throws a lot of money around in an attempt to bring DER ALIEN ZHREAT down by means of daddy-issues and extreme whining. Jeez, it's like they never even fucking heard of All-star Superman, or even read any of the source material, but whatever right?! AMERIKWANS WONT CARE SO LONG AS IT HAS GLISTENING PECKS AND ASSPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE!!!!
But at least he got to bang Kelly Brook for a while.

SoupNazi

I'm just having trouble trying to be intellectual and highbrow about a comics. I mean, I see all the homages and hints and callbacks but ultimately, I can't get past the form and end up skipping over too much text to get back into the action parts. Still, it's very good, and I'm looking forward to more.

Vaarna_Aarne

I'm just having trouble trying to be intellectual and highbrow about a comics. I mean, I see all the homages and hints and callbacks but ultimately, I can't get past the form and end up skipping over too much text to get back into the action parts. Still, it's very good, and I'm looking forward to more.
You gotta tune in with the vibrations of the universes, man.

That is to say, uploading update.

Vaarna_Aarne

HfGLQ.jpg

qx6Ui.jpg

m0kWr.jpg

HlT3X.jpg

yhyIp.jpg

KBCq1.jpg

E3qDa.jpg

bH91F.jpg

dihIN.jpg

3Spfx.jpg

AHHgJ.jpg

CiPHl.jpg

bzvQq.jpg

d3jkv.jpg

0cjB2.jpg

LayQw.jpg

dp70z.jpg

Kq8E1.jpg

AIgKy.jpg

qUWet.jpg

g8XuN.jpg

MpyUl.jpg

SDdFX.jpg

xSgSa.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

That's today's update.

I'd like you all to know that all six volumes of Grant Morrison's have been collected and published very recently by DC Vertigo, and I warmly recommend buying the trades. Reading from quality paper beats the crap out of computer screen.

SoupNazi

I don't like the way Cliff's "funny" lines are delivered. I laughed in the issues you posted first, but in this post, it was just cringeworthy.

Also, since I failed my lore-check: what is it with Superman etc people say? Is this the same universe? Can someone explain?

Vaarna_Aarne

Next page will have moar "Cliff Steele is nobler than Alec Holland" moments. Also, first foray into Crazy Jane's past and psyche.

lightbane

Arcane
Speaking of derpville, I stopped watching that shit when that lolwitch appeared from nowhere, then there was that MAGIC KRYPTONITE giving people superpowers instead of, cancer, I dunno, kryptonite was radiactive last time I checked.

Also, bump.

Vaarna_Aarne

Actually, I don't think Kryptonite gave cancer before the Alan Moore "Superman" series Supreme had his arch-nemesis Darius Dax develop cancer from unprotected contact with Supremium (instead of superpowers like everyone else who got in contact with it). As far as main DC goes, Kryptonite has a long and convoluted history.

SoupNazi

I watched Smallville in the beginning because I seriously thought it was gonna nicely deal with Kent's realization that he has the powers and slowly learning to use and utilize them. It was fun up until they got out of school (I guess; I skipped a bunch of episodes) and he started working in that newspaper. I "recently" caught an episode where Metropolis was ruled by Zed or something in some kind of alternative reality where Kent didn't have his powers or whatever... it seemed really absurd. Never even bothered to turn on the TV again if I saw it on since then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom