Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

They need to make a new Golden Axe!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
MisterStone said:
Well, isn't Castle Crashers more or less a nice update of the Golden Axe concept? Hasn't been released yet, but you can tell by checking out the game trailers, etc

It's made by The Behemoth, the independent developing group that surfaced out of Newgrounds.

Their first game, Alien Hominid, was pretty boss retro-platforming action. This, again, is retro.

Too bad they only release for consoles. buncha fags.

MisterStone

Arcane
Bah, there is no way they can't NOT port this to PC. I mean, its just a sprite-based beat 'em up, right? Surely they will see reason, and have it released for the PC over Steam or something...

Anyways, you can develop an appreciate for what they are doing by checking out their flash game "Dan 'n Me" here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/254456

Its a short but fun beat-em-up game about a psychotic little kid beating up other kids.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Rhett Butler said:
Edit: You also did it wrong, the original John pasta goes as follows
pramir6.jpg

I didn't want to post the original. I don't think anybody posts the original anymore. I've posted what can actually be found on 4chan.
Now stop being anally-retentive on that and get back to the topic. Some of you guys are so easily distracted.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Five years after Andhaira created this thread, VanillaWare released Dragon's Crown, a beat-'em-up with RPG elements and AI-controlled party members. It was heavily influenced by Capcom's two D&D-licensed '90s beat-'em-ups and even included a dwarf as one of the six characters:

137860-dragon-s-crown-screenshot.jpg

Andhaira

Arcane
Five years after Andhaira created this thread, VanillaWare released Dragon's Crown, a beat-'em-up with RPG elements and AI-controlled party members. It was heavily influenced by Capcom's two D&D-licensed '90s beat-'em-ups and even included a dwarf as one of the six characters:

137860-dragon-s-crown-screenshot.jpg

I should sue the fuckers, but they are probably out of business anyway.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Thinking about Streets of Rage 4, I really wish there was a new Golden Axe beat-em up. I'm not opposed to a new GA RPG beatem up since CAPCOM's old D&D mystara games were pretty damn awesome. And today online can mean multi-play from anywhere across the planet. Oh well.

There's still art to look at.
dchyrot-c0a30ec9-ea0b-4351-8c53-2dc1fe5b8e33.gif

Looking at the Golden Axe + Doom makes me ponder why they didn't use the Hexen Engine instead. Three characters, already fantasy....

golden-axe-ani.gif

Last edited:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Hey those Mystara games were amazing. I still fire them up sometimes on MAME, think I had them on PS3 too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom