Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thi4f screenshot

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Spellcaster said:
Oh I have played Deadly Shadows. Allow me to refresh your memory:

T3's "monochromatic palette":
http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en ... =&aql=&oq=

The EM way to handle it:
http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en ... =&aql=&oq=

Don't even try to compare it. TDS's purplish tones are often heavily criticized and I've always find it (the criticism) way too 'inflated'. Go ahead and bash the game for all of its faults, but this is just silliness.

I love the game, even with it's tiny levels, constant transitions, shitty ragdolls that would bend backwards in half etc. but don't try and suggest that it didn't have a blue hue outside and a brown/yellow one inside or a mix of the two.

You whine about this games hue on the basis of one screenshot yet I dare say that it will be 'varied' in much the way Thief DS was varied with a certain theme to it.

The criticisms of Thief DS stem from the use of the blue as opposed to a more natural grey, black palete for shadowy areas which make it weird and unnatural and the glowy highlights on usable objects.

J_J_M

Educated
Third person view is simply retarded in a stealth game like Thief. You can see behind corners in 3rd person view effortlessly. It's a huge cheat and kills part of the atmosphere.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh and since consoles/newfags apparently cannot into leaning...

... yep, we'll probably get a Thief without leaning.

Yep. No peeking across corners to check if there's a guard. Chances are good that there won't be a lean function.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Reconite said:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/25/first-thief-4-screenshot-appears/

Thief-4-schreenshot-1-590x358.jpg

So it's designed around third-person, just like Deadly Shadows.
This is the first time I hear that. I never used 3rd person in the game. I think the 1st person view was better.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah but in DS first person movement was kinda awakward because it was based on the third person model, which led to problems when trying to lean close to a wall or walking over some narrow path where you could fall off.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
I SEE THE PHOTOGRAPHS AND I REFUSE TO BELIEVE
THOSE FAGGOTS ARE PLAYING WITH CONTROLLERS

N... N.... NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!1111111111111111

Rage_face.png
x100

I knew it was a port, but seeing it in reality just makes my heart hurt a little bit.

Reconite said:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/25/first-thief-4-screenshot-appears/

Thief-4-schreenshot-1-590x358.jpg

So it's designed around third-person, just like Deadly Shadows.
The shot looks really bright.
I guess stealth sneaking is out of the picture.

Here's a complementary photograph of a toilet.
toilet-llqq-001.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom