Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief 4 : Here it comes

doctor_kaz

Scholar
Don't bother getting your hopes up, and if you have made that mistake, abandon them right now.

1eyedking

Erudite
garrettsketchthief4concya0.jpg

Pastel

Scholar
1eyedking said:
That could actually be cool. Imagine a Thief game just like the classics only in a modern setting.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong. I know they won't make a classic Thief game, and that T4 will likely suck.

Pastel

Scholar
Oh, and by the way. I think they mentioned the next Thief will be a remake, not a sequel.
Inb4 Cathedral=Pentagon, Eye=Nucular bomb, Pagans=Muslims and Trickster=Bin Laden.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Fuck that shit. Cosas MX (brilliant FM by the way) is as close to "modern thief" as i'll ever accept. Also, this concept art is dogshit.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
racofer said:
Stats -- check
Arrows -- check
Torches -- check
Stealth -- check

Looks like a rpg to me alright.

Also, looks like shit. All RPGs look like shit nowadays, so it fits.

Cropper

Novice
Jasede said:
Kill yourself. :(

Hey, there's a chance it could be good (however small). Granted we're all pretty bitter about the state of RPG gaming today, but you never know. If it turns out well, it's pretty exciting news.

As to whether or not its an RPG, well that's infinitely debatable.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Astropyr

Posted May 5, 2009 10:42 am GMT

Kaine666_2 you are a moron and you are obviously biased. Assassins Creed was an amazing game and every true stealth game enthusiast knows that.

jadefury27

Posted May 5, 2009 9:23 am GMT

Sorry thief you got surpassed by assassin's creed while you were gone. nice knowing you.

Will47

Posted May 5, 2009 9:21 am GMT

Can't wait to see what that got up there sleeves to rival Assassins Creed.

digital_reaver

Posted May 5, 2009 6:04 am GMT

Awesome! Could be up against some competition from Assassin's Creed 2 though...

Barighm

Posted May 5, 2009 8:13 am GMT

Hope they look to Assassin's Creed for some inspiration (but stick to the fundamentals of the series, of course)

And the best one:

1valiantknight

Posted May 5, 2009 7:50 am GMT

A next gen Thief! Fantastic!

Yeah, since that worked so well on Fallout... :evil:

sah

Liturgist
Darth Roxor said:
Pastel said:
That could actually be cool. Imagine a Thief game just like the classics only in a modern setting.

Infiltrating Fort Knox?

Miss Hilton's Manor

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom