Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is Baldur's Gate - Let's Play

Texas Red

Whiner
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Yeah, how did she go from looking like a cute eastern european twenty something to being ugly-as-sin grumpy twelve year old in BG2?

Irenicus and his....experiments.

Disagree. The BG 1 Imoen is nothing special, while I couldn't stop opening the character sheet of Imoen in BG 2.

aboyd

Liturgist
Lestat said:
I think normal D&D requires 5000 gold in diamonds (at least in Order of the Stick it does), and rich important figures actually do get resurrected.

resurrectiongc6.jpg

/Rules lawyer
That's Resurrection. I believe Lumpy was referring to Raise Dead, which indeed is "diamonds worth a total of at least 5000 gp." There is also True Resurrection, at a cost of 25,000 gp. On the druid side, there is also Reincarnate costing 1000 gp in oils, and Cocoon, costing 250 xp.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You faggots. You complain when something is too simple (marketed for retards!) and you complain when something is too complex.

aboyd

Liturgist
I don't mind the spell components. They keep some things in check. No spamming the resurrections, for example. For the smaller components -- anything 25 gp or less -- our DM just writes it off as part of the "wizard kit." So long as we replenish in towns (which consists of saying "I spend 10 gp to replenish") we don't have to care about or track the components for the small stuff.

But for resurrections, we right now have 4 people to resurrect. We got 2 done in 2 days, but after that the temple was out of diamonds. We decided to leave one dude dead, and sent out runners to deliver the diamonds for the last resurrection. The runners (with protection) cost more. These kinds of things seem to keep the game from getting well out of hand.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Plus, in pnp, you just cna't go to the nearest temple in pay for a raise. It isn't that simple. Priest has to be high enough level, must respect you (usually you have to be the same god or have a rep of being of the same moral look out0, and they often request some non monetary reward for casting such awesome spells. Not to mention (at least in the odlen days), there wa slevel/constitution loss for beingr aised with only a maximum times someone could be rasied making raise dead/ressurection not as commonly sued as protrayed in D&D crpgs.

afewhours

Scholar
The Walkin' Dude said:
Disagree. The BG 1 Imoen is nothing special, while I couldn't stop opening the character sheet of Imoen in BG 2.

That's a vice I share. I grew attached to Immy during BG1, because, well, she's with you the entire game. But when they changed her from fresh-faced, sheltered Immy into harrowed, scarred, drawn Immy I became a bit obsessed.

Main reason? She has a frightening similarity to an old flame of mine. I'd have found her appearance intriguing anyway, but christ, the resemblance really threw me.

As for the res-thing. They could have got away with making it uber difficult in BG1 due to the sheer amount of NPCs hanging around. I'm starting to see why people like doing Ironman BG1 so much, it really does lend itself to that kind of playthrough.

Lurkar

Scholar
afewhours said:
The Walkin' Dude said:

That's a vice I share. I grew attached to Immy during BG1, because, well, she's with you the entire game. But when they changed her from fresh-faced, sheltered Immy into harrowed, scarred, drawn Immy I became a bit obsessed.

Main reason? She has a frightening similarity to an old flame of mine. I'd have found her appearance intriguing anyway, but christ, the resemblance really threw me.

Sounds like someone played and enjoyed the incest mod.

LittleJoe

Arbiter
At this rate, the playthrough will take weeks to complete; I wonder if Lumpy has got the stamina.

aboyd

Liturgist
afewhours said:
The Walkin' Dude said:

The portrait artist was interviewed a long ways back and said that one of the portraits in BG2 was deliberately supposed to look like Drew Barrymore. Is that Imoen?

Section8

Cipher
Virgil.jpg

It was Virgil. The resemblance is frightening.

Incidentally, the first picture that comes up in google image search is Rulion's avatar.

Stavmixer

Novice
aboyd said:
afewhours said:
The Walkin' Dude said:

The portrait artist was interviewed a long ways back and said that one of the portraits in BG2 was deliberately supposed to look like Drew Barrymore. Is that Imoen?

No, I bet a thousand dollars it is Nalia.

afewhours

Scholar
Lurkar said:

whatwhatwhatwhat? *fires up google and searches for his copy of BG2.*

Meh. I'm going to be disappointed with this, aren't I?

Lurkar

Scholar
afewhours said:
Lurkar said:

whatwhatwhatwhat? *fires up google and searches for his copy of BG2.*

Meh. I'm going to be disappointed with this, aren't I?

I've never used it, so I really can't say.

afewhours

Scholar
Lurkar said:
I've never used it, so I really can't say.

Then I must report on this! For the, er... the good of the Codex! Yes!

Meh. Don't expect a "Let's Play: Incest" thread any time soon though, I think my copy of BG2 is in Nottingham, or something. You've escaped for now.

Melcar

Arcane
Just so happens that I already finished BG and currently re-playing BG2, both heavily modded of course. The mods are a bit of a pain to get working on WINE (the WeiDu ones) but I eventually got it right.

Melcar

Arcane
BG2:

Ascension
Oversight
Unfinished Business
Tweak Pack
Fix Pack
Item Upgrade
Widescreen Mod

BG:

BGTuTu (with the degreenifier and restore sounds fix)
Unfinished Business
NPC Mod
NPC Kits
Tweak Pack (BG2)
Fix Pack (BG2)
Widescreen Mod

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom