Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

To LP: Space Rangers 2, Star Control 2 or neither

I MET ELVIS THROUGH A GLORY HOLE IN GOLDEN GATE PARK

• Space Rangers 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Control 2

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Long summer holiday still stretching out ahead of me, feel like doing a Let's Play, and these are two games I've been meaning to get around to for a while. But which? Both of them seem like they have good LP potential, but never played either, so it's up to you kiddies.

And no the poll is not missing an option fuck off.

No guarantee that LP will actually happen

racofer said:
Do a Fallout 3 LP ala Shiverwinter Islepeaks.

I was actually going to do a Broken Steel one, but I got about ten minutes (and thirty screenshots) in and just found myself sitting staring bleakly at the screen and sobbing quietly.

Balor

Arcane
Btw, is there Reloaded expansion available in English?
I would be really interested to see EXACTLY how much text quests were cut, and it would be seen right away in it.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Space Rangers 2, as I have not yet had the pleasure to play it myself. Star Control 2 is great and all, but I know that game like the insides of my boxers.

Hory

Erudite
Andyman Messiah said:
Space Rangers 2, as I have not yet had the pleasure to play it myself. Star Control 2 is great and all, but I know that game like the insides of my boxers.
Me too!

Multi-headed Cow

Space Rangers 2. Randomized and open ended and tends to make amusing little stories, and it's horrible and I hate playing it but I like reading about it.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
I've played Space Rangers 2, and it is fantastic. I don't think the freeform nature of the sandbox gameplay lends itself to the Lets Play format very well, but this blog post is a perfect example of how well it can shine. Go for it.

Well, I want to know whether those four dollars I spent on the game last christmas were worth it, so I vote Space Rangers.

Shiny

Novice
Rangers 2 FTW and here's why:

Awful and mostly humorous translations

sweet sweet randomized universes (that are actually good)

text adventures

going to a random planet and being incarcerated because sometime at the beginning of the game when you shot at one of their diplomats in order to give the pirates chasing you a juicier target

(I haven't played SC2 yet though so would like to see a "let's play" of both)

Shiny

Novice
Balor said:
Btw, is there Reloaded expansion available in English?
I would be really interested to see EXACTLY how much text quests were cut, and it would be seen right away in it.

Yes there is an English expansion, but it's pretty broken because of the new ships/weapons. The original is better.

denizsi

Arcane
SR2 please. I've bought the game like 2 years ago and have yet to play it. An LP might just be the motivator.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Call me conservative but I'd rather learn Russian than cope with a terrible translation. It's not really because it's terrible; it's just that I can't play a game that has typos and grammar mistakes. Grinds my gears.

Balor

Arcane
Jasede said:
Is it worth learning Russian to play SR2? Please help.

Well, it IS a very good game, and while I don't really know how shoddy translation is, I do know that the most complex, the longest (and, hence, the best) text quests were cut from the game.

So, if you don't mind learning Russian anyway - it might be worth it. But remember that it is a pretty complex language... or so I've heard, because it is my first language - and of course learning it was easy for me, heh.

As an added benefit you'll be able to play Dungeon Cleaners, too ;).
And read some of the classiscs of the world literature in original.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom