Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torchlight 2 Info Package

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I want to see what exactly drops, having to tell other people what dropped is a hassle, it just feels pointless and awkward. I don't want MORE loot either.

Agreed, which is why I would support a need-or-greet system. But anything is better than the D2-way here :)

Terpsichore

Arcane
Or just an option to turn that feature off. I have no issues with classical loot system.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I played it a little bit... It would be all fine and awesome if I wasn't experiencing serious frame drops whenever I or enemy use special abilities. I am playing now at lowest graphical setting but it still works like shit.

Torchlight 1 works flawlessly.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I played for an hour with the wrench dude. Pretty fun I gotta say, some nice little touches and animations here and there, there are secret areas to find and I got to pick a hawk as a pet. I didnt buy Diablo 3 cause of the always online bullshit so I cant compare it to that but its a definite improvement when compared to TL1.
And no technical issues either. Running at 1920x1080 with all the pretty stuff without a hitch on my several years old hardware.

RPS seems to like it
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09/20/wot-i-think-torchlight-2/

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
^ I envy you for having no problems with it.

I played a little bit more, and I must say, despite some technical difficulties it gave me a solid amount of fun. Diablo 3 didn't grab me so fast - it pales in comparison. Shame I won't have time to play it more in the coming days. :(

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I have been playing with wrench monocle dude (and my pet Jasede). Good shit so far. I REALLY REALLY like the artwork in this game <3 The music is kinda...... meh so far.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah I actually prefer the music in the first game.

I'm not that far, I assume some other stuff will hopefully be better in later levels. Anyways, gonna take a break from this and run through Underworld Gold, now that Charles released it <3

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The music in both is shit.

Not really pleased with the engineer so far. I have no interest in melee, cannon only has 2 skills, one is an eternity away and by the looks of it most of his summons are timed. :decline:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Although I played all the way through Act I in the beta I haven't progressed to the Wellspring temple yet as I've been playing various characters. Mostly because their registration servers are still borked and I'd like to play a co-op game with some bros rather than start off single player. Just tried my hand at Elite hardcore and had my tank engineer die at level 8 or so -- probably because I put too many talents in defensive passives and didn't really have any offensive punch. Killing things fast is still a priority.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hmm, played a bit more. 3 hours in and Im not bored of it yet suprisingly. Wrench guy seems a bit easy to play, bit harded when going in melee but ranged hes untouchable.All-in-one Cannon/shotgun/knockback/stun weapons combined with his skills make a game a tad to easy.
While its fun looking at knockbacks I usually go in a fight with a wrech to spice it up a bit.
And the new helmet is cool, took a while to get it.
m9F2w.jpg

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
According to metacritic it's officialy better than diablo 3.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They've got their web registration back up so now you can link your accounts and start playing on line. Re: difficulty -- most people on the Codex probably won't find anything below Elite much of a challenge. That said, if you're just looking to hack away and stuff and collect loot you probably want to avoid Elite since it is a bit slow going and can be tedious at times given enemy damage output.

Terpsichore

Arcane
Can't assign normal attack to right mouse button. :rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom