Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
This is another problem with this setting - everything bad has to do with Chaos in some way.
I raise you: Nagash.
He became so powerful because he ate warpstone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes, well. All magic derives from the Realm of Chaos. However neither the Slann Mage-Priests nor Nagash nor many, many other practitioners have become influenced by Chaos, despite manipulating its energies.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
3j5t609z0vic1.jpeg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It'd be funny if it wasn't so true.

Also since when did Tzeentch need frontline heroes? That's not what the faction is about. How about, I dunno, ADDIN MORE LORES OF MAGIC to the GOD OF MAGIC?!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ultimately, the heroes don't need more skills because the vast majority of them don't interact well with the fundamental rules of the game. The game itself isn't rich enough for that, so adding superfluous skills nobody picks up just lampshades its problems even more.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Also since when did Tzeentch need frontline heroes? That's not what the faction is about. How about, I dunno, ADDIN MORE LORES OF MAGIC to the GOD OF MAGIC?!
Cant wait for the Khorne mages.
We had one in the first Dawn of War expansion. Wasn't as stupid as it might think. Was kept on a REALLY short leash by the khornate Chaos Lord.

Elttharion

Learned

Valkia already has Fire and Metal Sorcerers.
Thats more on her being part of the WOC, which was a stupid decision from the get go.

We had one in the first Dawn of War expansion. Wasn't as stupid as it might think. Was kept on a REALLY short leash by the khornate Chaos Lord.
SSSSSSSSSIIIIIINNNNNNDRRRRRIIIIIIIII

DOW 2 also had one.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

SSSSSSSSSIIIIIINNNNNNDRRRRRIIIIIIIII

DOW 2 also had one.

No, Sindri was in the base game. Lord Bale, whom he was manipulating so beautifully, was following Chaos Undivided. The khornate Lord from Winter Assault was, I think, named Crull? And I'm not sure the sorcerer he was bullying around even had a name.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It was bound to go this way once the immediate art direction of the established factions was exhausted. They can't do "grounded and gritty" by themselves.
Compare the above concept art to, say, the old box art for the Free Company Militia. Or the basic Empire State Troops, or even the Reiksguard Knights. You can immediately tell those were people who've been fighting in the muck for a long long time. They're scarred and haggard and some are aged beyond their years. Now compare this to the peasants from Cathay or the fucking bodybuilder bearmode Kislevites.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If CA had the balls - purely hypothetically of course, because they don't - you could do a lot with both Kislev and Cathay but that might require referencing less-than-nice things about the histories of Russia and China and that might impact sales. Especially the latter.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Chinks and vatniks buy Warhammer? I don't buy that logic. More realistic is 99% of people working on GW's IPs are talentless hacks.
Since its not cracked they have little choice.
The artwork section on Steam used to be nothing but coomer shit by chinks, too.

Caim

Arcane
Compare the above concept art to, say, the old box art for the Free Company Militia. Or the basic Empire State Troops, or even the Reiksguard Knights.
Never forget the good old days :salute:
I have all three of these boxes. The Knights were my very first box of Warhammer, I remember getting the State Troops box before going out to a steakhouse for dinner with my parents (where I missed the opportunity of getting myself a snake burger), and the Free Company box really let me go ham with interchanging parts between models to make some really unique dudes. One dude I gave the arm that goes along with the bow to make an archer dude, but I posed said arm behind his head to make it look like he was scratching his head while swinging his club around. And yes, this does mean that the guy has two right hands.

Good times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom