Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Well for Giantsuck its quite easy, just see the Diablow 3 review. 5 star, GOTY, etc

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
For me personally, I just group pretty much ALL gaming websites in the fucking shit publisher cock sucking group. I have never even read Giant Bomb before so I don't even know if they are biased or not, or even if they write exceptional reviews or OP ed pieces. The fact that the majority of gaming websites are populated by charlatans who have no form or any actual journalism experience or any education in journalism, yet they refer to them selves as journalists speaks for itself. Hearing opinions on a game I am interested in here is far more credible and more informative to me personally. As well as our official codex articles (because we allow ANYONE to write an article, but it MUST adhere to our :obviously:standards for the most part). The only 2 people I have garnered any respect for are Sea's and Brother None's articles on Gamebanshee (or BN's articles on NMA). I do not agree 100% with some of your reviews, but both provide some good insight and information.

almondblight

Arcane
Well for Giantsuck its quite easy, just see the Diablow 3 review. 5 star, GOTY, etc

:what:

OK, quick. Which one of these is from a "professional game journalist" and which is from a Gamefaqs review?

They've taken the same tack in reviving Diablo after its own 12-year hiatus, and once again the result hews to the nostalgic strengths of its antique predecessors while also managing to feel like it belongs on a release list in 2012. And it's a hell of a lot of fun to play, with hooks that keep you playing longer in one sitting than you might have wanted to. I'm not the type to often play through a game more than once, so I guess it's saying something that after more than 35 hours with the game--first playing all the way through with my primary character, then playing through a bunch of it again on the next difficulty, jumping into numerous dungeon runs with friends, and dabbling with several other classes (all of whom I'd love, time permitting, to take to high levels themselves)--I really just want to keep playing more Diablo III.

Diablo III makes many promises about presenting an engrossing, personal and replayable experience, but ultimately stumbles in its fulfillment of those promises, largely in part due to a misplaced focus on features that detract from the core gameplay. While the game is well produced and delivers a decent hack-n-slash experience, one will be left wanting more from a company once known for making legendary and widely accessible games.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The only useful informations I need when determining if I want to buy game XY or not is reading user reviews, threads about the game on forums etc. "Gaming journalism" is utter garbage and never provides any useful information like you can find from (mostly) unbiased people just playing the damn game and telling their opinion about it.

Thus, I don't see what the big deal here is. :P Retards gonna retard (those "journalists" I mean), that's hardly anything new.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Semi-related, but are there any good/reliable french "gaming journalists", or at least gaming sites ?
I mean I tried RPGFrance once, but was sorely disappointed :decline:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
http://penny-arcade.com/report/edit...-libel-law-and-the-gaming-press-why-this-stor

Eurogamer’s Tom Bramwell describes the threats

“Lauren told us that she intended to pursue the matter with her lawyers and made it clear she would not drop it until it was resolved to her satisfaction,” Bramwell told the Penny Arcade Report.

wainwrightmedia.jpg

Great article. Also read the back-pedaling from Kotaku's Editor (in the comment section) for LULZ.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm honestly findind gaming sites less and less usefull... the Codex has been talking about most releases, articles and announcements nowadays (at least the decent ones, not the retarded hype & cosplay news), and usually the debate of monocled gentleman produces more knowledge about the game that regular reviewers do... ....save for people like sea that write books each reviews. If all fails, TotalBiscut "WTF is" series is good for seeing some gameplay & commentary.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm honestly findind gaming sites less and less usefull... the Codex has been talking about most releases, articles and announcements nowadays (at least the decent ones, not the retarded hype & cosplay news), and usually the debate of monocled gentleman produces more knowledge about the game that regular reviewers do... ....save for people like sea that write books each reviews. If all fails, TotalBiscut "WTF is" series is good for seeing some gameplay & commentary.

WTF is series is quite good if you mute the volume and you're expremely patient with the bumblings of a bad player

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
And just a huge lol from neoGAF. Apparently Ms. Wainwright has an account on neoGAF (and has posted a few things as well) and was spotted as being on the account today. A number of people commented stuff like:

Maybe she is doing an Ami and deleting her posts from here too :O

Then an admin spoke up:

Impossible, as editing permissions have been removed from that account.

:troll:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
Yeah ALL those tweets during the beginning of PublisherPRGATE is going to be hilarious. Also all of Wainwright's tweets. Since she is the one who got that guy fired and started the shitstorm.

Can you actually delete tweets?

Dexter

Arcane
Yeah ALL those tweets during the beginning of PublisherPRGATE is going to be hilarious. Also all of Wainwright's tweets. Since she is the one who got that guy fired and started the shitstorm.

Edit above.

Yeah you can, but not if someone took a picture :smug:

To the untrained eye, it might appear like VideoGamer.com is a front to get free stuff and into the PR business.

CVMP4.jpg

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Yes but the internet never forgets.

Dexter

Arcane
See Edit above for tweets, had to unbury it from somewhere deep within that NeoGAF thread. xD

Wainwright made her Twitter Profile private "Friends Only" pretty early into this debacle: http://twitter.com/atheistium

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron

Yeah you can, but not if someone took a picture

eh photoshop is too easy to do. Sad that you can edit them (to have an actual credible source from which to pull them from). Thankfully neoGAF shut off her editing privileges. Hopefully she left some juicy tidbits there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom