Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Kruyurk

Learned
Two triggering statements >
1 - The power of mages should`t be balanced, nor overpowered or underpowered every time. Should be dependent on the setting. Eg - being a mid to high level wizard in Netheril should be a cakewalk compared to in Athas(Dark Sun)
2 - When you talk about Baldur`s Gate outside of Codex, everyone will assume that you are talking about Baizuo`s Gate 3, not BG1/2
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
Take a few of these and copy-paste them in your future posts because this was too triggering to read.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Was that just a 'posting cos it might trigger someone' or you actually believe that? If so please point me at the gritty dark fantasy because I haven't seen any that I can think of, ever. Perhaps Darklands?

HappyDaddyWow!

Educated
Was that just a 'posting cos it might trigger someone' or you actually believe that? If so please point me at the gritty dark fantasy because I haven't seen any that I can think of, ever. Perhaps Darklands?
Your eyes must not be working then, because some of the biggest fantasy RPG titles of the past couple decades have been dark fantasy (Dark Souls, DA:O, Diablo III, etc)

Ryan muller

Educated
Arcanum is subpar/mediocre. i agree setting is cool and writing is mostly good, however, quest design is a far cry from Fo1/2, the build system is abysmal and its terrible for character building, midgame is a fucking grindfest due to black mountains mine, combat sucks and the dungeons are the shittiest part of the game, they take way too much time dedicated to the worst part of the game by far. writing can only carry a game so far. it has to be stellar in order to outshadow a game as broken as arcanum, which its not. its good, but not great.

HappyDaddyWow!

Educated
Arcanum is subpar/mediocre. i agree setting is cool and writing is mostly good, however, quest design is a far cry from Fo1/2, the build system is abysmal and its terrible for character building, midgame is a fucking grindfest due to black mountains mine, combat sucks and the dungeons are the shittiest part of the game, they take way too much time dedicated to the worst part of the game by far. writing can only carry a game so far. it has to be stellar in order to outshadow a game as broken as arcanum, which its not. its good, but not great.
Just read your post about disliking Fallout 1 and now I see this...

You disappoint me, son.

Ryan muller

Educated

You disappoint me, son.
i dont dislike Fallout 1, what do you mean?

HappyDaddyWow!

Educated

You disappoint me, son.
i dont dislike Fallout 1, what do you mean?
Disregard that, i mistook you for another person in the FO1 thread.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Anyone give the arcanum creation set a try? The few mods created with it i tried a long time ago were horrible.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
With that being said Arcanum is great and you should give it another try.
i had beaten it 3 times, as said i like the story and writing, i just dont like the game as a complete package.

So you willingly admit to not finishing it 7 times and come in here with your uneducated opinion?

:updatedmytxt:

Ryan muller

Educated

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
i had beaten it 3 times, as said i like the story and writing, i just dont like the game as a complete package.

So you willingly admit to not finishing it 7 times and come in here with your uneducated opinion?

I just said i had beaten it 3 times you fool

Do you even understand that 3 is less than 7??

And you suggest that I am the fool?

Philistine! I should have you flogged!

Ryan muller

Educated

Im not playing this shit 7 times, you sadistic fuck

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Im not playing this shit 7 times, you sadistic fuck
Then you ain't playing it enough. As simple as that.

Gostak

Educated

You like it this way, especially the "RPG games" part (I know I made that mistake in my first post here, lol).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom