Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Trinbunal review at Gaming Invasion

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal

<a href="http://www.gaminginvasion.com/">Gaming Invasion</a> has posted up <a href="http://www.gaminginvasion.com/index.php?article=211">their review</a> of <a href="http://www.morrowind.com">Morrowind: Tribunal</a>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote> Players should be warned that Tribunal is designed to deliver more challenge for players that already have high level characters, so most of the content in Tribunal will be extremely difficult to attempt if your character can?t hold his/her own towards to end of Morrowind. Part of that added challenges comes in the form of brand new, high level NPCs such as Royal Guards, Goblins, Witch Lords and a new type of NPC class known as Fabricants. Of course, all this added challenge reaps in some very nice rewards. There are some great and powerful rare items and weapons to be found in Morrowind (most of which must be taken by force, or obtained through the use of force). As expected in a expansion of these sorts, these new items and weapons are at times far greater than what can be found in the original games and they are certainly a lot harder to gain possession of. But once you do, you?ll have that shiny new piece of armor, fierce weapon or enchanted spell that will go even further to developing your character?s strength. </blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I was kind of curious why they did this, actually. For those who've played it and uninstalled it, it seems odd to make them play through such a large game again, for the most part, just to see what's in the expansion.
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's</a>.
<br>

Platter

Educated
Saint_Proverbius said:
I was kind of curious why they did this, actually. For those who've played it and uninstalled it, it seems odd to make them play through such a large game again, for the most part, just to see what's in the expansion.
Probably because of all the complaints of the game being too easy at high levels.

Jed

Cipher
Platter said:
Saint_Proverbius said:
Probably because of all the complaints of the game being too easy at high levels.
I'd say the real problem with Morrowind's combat at high levels isn't that it's too easy, it's just not interesting. Anyway, the MW equation adds up to: harder monsters=more clicking.

J

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I think trade would have made Morrowind more interesting, that and the ability to make things beyond just enhantments on things. Morrowind had a huge world and all, but every guild just offered a linear set of quests, the main plot was linear, so it got stale fast.

It's still the only first person CRPG I've actually liked though.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Saint, have you ever tried Gothic?
It has a rather lively gameworld with npc's and creatures just doing their stuff. To me it really felt like walking through a fantasy world. First game since Ultima 7 that pulled it off, and in first person as well. The dialogue system was also way more interesting than the spreadsheet Morrowind offered, and the npc's had a lot more character.
And Gothic 2 is bound to arrive soon.
Cya,

Trash

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Trash said:
Saint, have you ever tried Gothic?
It has a rather lively gameworld with npc's and creatures just doing their stuff. And Gothic 2 is bound to arrive soon.

Too bad they screwed up the second part of the game linearity-wise. Sometimes It felt like playing 2 different games. Did anybody here played Gothic 2 demo? Any thoughts?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Gothic was third person, over the shoulder view. I played it and I really enjoyed the first part right up until you pick a faction. Then Gothic just gets really, really linear and goes down the crapper if you ask me. I also didn't like the combat much at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom