Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Trying to get in touch with Multiverse / AME creators

RkShaRkz

Barely Literate
So this is a long shot, but i figured a new thread might be better than just trying to necro this one: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/arcanum-multiverse-edition.114150/

The problem i have, and am trying to solve is this - I want to port over a certain small subset of multiverse/AME features over to UAP.
Actually, my mod running on top of UAP.

I'm just looking at the "fire/elec tech weapons cost fuel/batteries for bonus fire/elec damage" thing.

Having said that, i've made some progress. After copying *all* of their proto/scr files over, the charged sword really does spend batteries per hit as well. the script eyecandy shows up as well. however, the pyro axe doesn't spend fuel.

So i want to try and remake them, trying to keep the changeset as small as possible. Focusing on one item/weapon at a time, and ideally not touching more than 5 files to make it work.

For some reason, when i just copy these files:
scr/40003Charged_Sword_HIT.scr
proto/006146 - Weapon.pro

things don't work at all. the script is there, the proto for charged sword (6126) is there, but something else is missing to make it actually spend batteries.

So the question really is twofold:
- how do i extract just this feature? if not extract, how do i remake it?
- i need some help in form of explaining/teaching a few things, i can do the work myself.

So far, i seem to have managed to make the Charged Sword, Charged Axe and Charged Accelerator Gun spend batteries when they hit.

However, Pyro Axe/Bow/Gun don't spend fuel. Shocking staff doesn't spend fuel. So i'm missing something. And would be grateful for help on what i'm missing.

RkShaRkz

Barely Literate
Turns out, this change was initially done in the "Arcanum Total Rebalance" mod, aka ATR. So this is probably the man i'm looking for now.

RkShaRkz

Barely Literate
Got it, here's a link to the author's response:

https://forums.arcanumclub.org/index.php?showtopic=12541&st=0&gopid=111641&#entry111641

tl;dr - spending batteries in scripts isn't really a problem. spending fuel is, and requires a binary patch of the executable, which can be found in the linked thread.
the "semes/" files aren't necessary.

you need the scripts, and the .proto files to make this work. feel free to further hexedit the proto files per your liking.

the additional descriptions are in item_effect.mes, so those are worth updating to mention "requires charges/fuel" for weapons that have been changed to utilize scripts that trade charges/fuel for additional damage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom