Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tunnels of Doom remake?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tunnels of Doom was my first "cRPG" and I still have fond memories of my old TI-99/4A. I remember one night my cousin was over and along with my brother and sister we decided to play a little D&D. Just as we were getting started my brother said "Why go through all this when ToD is there for us to play?!" We all rushed up to my room and each picked our own red/blue/green/yellow avatar and went adventuring with this new-found technology. Looking back on how simplistic ToD was it fails against a good PnP session but at the time we were all mesmerized by the game, each taking over the keyboard on our "turn", good times :D.

I found this remake but haven't tried it out yet. Anybody played it or is the another thread on this. Purely nostalgia I know but when I saw it it put a smile on my face.

http://www.dreamcodex.com/todr.php

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We sat in front of the tv connected to the TI-99/4A and I "picked" the blue guy (as in first dibs gets the color they wanted to be "their" character) then my brother picked the red guy, etc. It's not like it was designed for multiple players but that's how we tried to play it. Such simpler times :P.

MisterStone

Arcane
I can still hear the music it played when creating the dungeon. :love:

But I think a remake is mis-guided. Even if they made it exactly like the game, would it be fun to anyone who wasn't familiar with this game already? I think not. And such people would rather have a port than a remake I think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom