Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn By Turn Villain: A Turn-Based Action RPG

PixelSlop

PixelSlop
Developer
Hi RPGCodex community!

I am a solo dev currently making Turn By Turn Villain, a whimsical pixelart game I like to describe as "Turn-Based Action RPG" in which you play as a demon forced to walk the human world to clean up their own darkness. I would be very insterested in hearing your thoughts and receiving feedback! A free demo is available on Itch, Steam and Gamejolt.

Pitch:
Be the bad guy, do good!

oaBrJb.png

Darkness is spreading and people are giving in to despair because of you, demon!

Still, you have a chance to redeem yourself... Rid the lands of your own evil forces, make people happy and gather Light to clean up the darkness... YOUR dark mess!

Turn By Turn Villain is a blend of Turn-Based and Action RPGs with an innovative battle system: Select your actions from a classic menu, but react quickly as your foes won't stop attacking! Oh and do keep an eye on your Turn Points too, because your actions are limited! This is part of your punishment, demon... We can't have you wreak havoc again now, can we?

y4sT7F.png

Features:

- Become a demon forced to walk the human world!

- Engage your ex-minions in this Turn-Based Action RPG!

- Manage your Turn Points in chaotic brawls!

- Collect Shards of Light to dispel the darkness and make your character stronger!

- Explore Nevah, a land full of secrets and quirky characters!

A few screenshots:
6evbwA.png

K4KvvV.gif

fNHJTo.png

e6sMdG.png

YwvuGa.png

Let me know if you get to try it!
Thanks,
PixelSlop

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
"Action Turn-Based" is a nonsense and the chrono-Trigger garbage gimmick should have died a long time ago.

But i'm sure the mobile player base will love it.
Pixels + "headless chicken" gameplay = Big money.

Of course, if you prefer to release a computer version, you'll just miss 95% of your player base.

And translate that garbage into chinese/japanese.

PixelSlop

PixelSlop
Developer
"Action Turn-Based" is a nonsense and the chrono-Trigger garbage gimmick should have died a long time ago.

But i'm sure the mobile player base will love it.
Pixels + "headless chicken" gameplay = Big money.

Of course, if you prefer to release a computer version, you'll just miss 95% of your player base.

And translate that garbage into chinese/japanese.
funny

JoacoN

Literate
Hey I remember this game from when the Feedback Quest jam was active, it's pretty fun for checking it out at least a few minutes, it can be a bit tedious to backtrack sometimes but it's nice

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom