Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Two Worlds' expansion to be standalone

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Reality Pump Studios; Two Worlds II

The latest issue of a Polish gaming mag <a href="http://www.cdaction.pl/">CD Action</a> brings more info about Two Worlds' expansion pack titled <a href="http://www.2-worlds.com/temptation/">The Temptation</a>. Here's a summary: you won't need the main game to play. The single player campaign continues the story of TW's hero and his sister; we'll again try to save her from a curse and stop the Taint, a horrible magical evil, from deforming the whole world. Bleh. The campaign will take part on a new, huge continent, at least partially inspired by the Arab culture (while the cities will have something in common with Assassin's Creed).
<br>
<br>
The combat system will be a bit more developed, requiring more player input - there'll be two strike modes and active blocking. 14 new creatures will be introduced (gargoyles, baboons, mysterious tripods (?)...). The graphical engine will be revamped, together with the physics system, which will now enable you to pick up ladders and use them in various places. (Innovation!) You'll also be able to sail the seas surrounding Antaloor in a boat.
<br>
<br>
Big changes concern the multiplayer part, and as of yet it's not 100% sure whether setting up a multiplayer account will be free of charge. Each player will receive a settlement with some land and NPCs. Then, the game will generate random quests concerning the player's realm, in which other players will be able to help. Surprisingly, there's no mention of a possibility of burning your friend's village - only that a new PvP mode will be introduced in a new patch for the PC version, before summer.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.cdaction.pl/">CD Action</A>

Red Russian

Scholar
Don't worry Elwro. I'm sure nobody gives a flying fuck about this abortion of left overs. Your news posting credentials will go unharmed.

Deleted member 7219

Two World was a fun hack/slash, but I'm looking for a bit more substance in its follow-up. I don't give a shit if you can sail in a boat or pull up a ladder, I want a good story, good voice acting and choices & consequences.

Fez

Erudite
Two Worlds was garbage when I played it. I've wasted enough money on their games. I don't see me getting this expansion to experience more of the same disappointment.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Two Worlds = one of the most underrated games ever.

Deleted member 7219

I would agree with Volourn that it is under-rated, but not by much. I think Metacritic gives it a rating of about 66%. I'd give it slightly more, maybe 70%, but not any higher. It's not an awful game, it's quite fun actually and it works well. As a hack/slash it's just right. But as an RPG it is seriously lacking.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Except, I don't think the game was ever trying to be Fallout like so it seems silly to worry about it in that way. TW is about exploration, combat, and inventory fun.

It be like someone bashing FO because it didn't do hockey properly. L0L

Deleted member 7219

Volourn said:
Except, I don't think the game was ever trying to be Fallout like so it seems silly to worry about it in that way. TW is about exploration, combat, and inventory fun.

It be like someone bashing FO because it didn't do hockey properly. L0L

Not really. Fallout never claimed to be a hockey game. But Two Worlds did claim to be a role-playing game. And yes it is clear the focus is on exploration and combat, but why didn't they put that on the box? Something like 'action RPG', and market it as a Diablo/Titan Quest-esque hack/slash. But they didn't do that.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Two Worlds was always hyped as Action RPG. That's what i knew I was buiying, and that's the game I got. Nowhere did I ever get the idea that TW was trying to be FO nor was it claiming to be. *shrug*

Shannow

Waster of Time
dreibein.jpg

They do look dangerous.

All in all, that news sounds rather good. I'm still not interested in the game though.

A user named cat

Forsooth! Prithee verily!

I'm just wondering if they're going to use more ass-awful dialogue. Or if they'll address the Flash-like animation. Reminded me of 3D0 Might & Magic stuff, blood splatters looked like cheap .gif work.

bat_boro

Arcane
Has anyone played TW after 1.6 patch?
I played it with 1.3 (awful gameplay balance) and had a great deal of fun - it is true that it wasn't something that special, but it was a lot of fun and the exploration kind of reminded me of the Gothic games, so all in all, I think the game was a bit underrated, too.
Considering the good feedback of 1.6 patch, I suppose the game is even better now

covr

Prophet
Patron
1.5 patch made TW a great game, mucha better then vanilla version. 1.6 was focused on multiplayer issues and small bugs. I agree with Volourn that TW is very under-rated game, even on Codex there was almost no threads about this game, no one was bashing it, and no one was praising :( It's a very good exploration-diablo game. IMHO TW is better than Oblivion. :twisted:

Micmu

Magister
Wow. Wow. :shock:
Apparently, 1.5 (and 1.6) "patch" is over 1 GB big.
Did they rewrite the whole game including art or are they that inept at making upgrade packages?

Crolug

Liturgist
1.5 isn't even called a "patch". They call it a "service release" which was supposed to indicate it is rather service pack that just a mere patch. I installed the game out of the box, tried it, was frightened, and uninstalled pretty quick. Than I downloaded 1.5, made additional tweaks with Two World Control Panel tool, tried it again and boy... was I surprised!
They tweaked the game A LOT man... Graphics look better, NPCs look better, they balanced lots of things, repair tons of bugs, it's now halfway to be called a new game. Why halfway? Well, bad voice acting, not too shabby main plot, a bit too much hack'n'slashish, it's still there. But boy, this game kicks Oblivion's balls. Why? Oh let's say just because it's huge world isn't empty and you actually CAN do lots of quests there. Tweaked graphic isn't much worse than TESIV, if you think that Oblivion is eye-candy. I don't, so praise TW's visuals after 1.5 higher to be honest...

Fez

Erudite
Does the game still suddenly end when you lure the generic evil looking guy into the first village and watch him fight and lose to the peasants?

A user named cat

I played with the latest patch and I have no idea why one of them was over 1gb. It was still the same game -- with the same boring storyline and the same dogshit dialogue, the same generic looking animation, the same blah combat system, the same repetitive and interest lacking Oblivion-esque world, etc.

aries202

Erudite
I like the sound of where this is going - except for the whole 'save your sister (again) thing'. They did this already so maybe they could come up with something more creative than this :?: for the main plot. Sorry for the icon but this really surprised me a lot when I read it. I really did think they would at least have written another main quest line for the expansion for Two Worlds. Oh well, you can't get everything you want I suppose...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom