Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Two Worlds II Delayed Until January in North America

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Reality Pump Studios; Two Worlds II

<p>SouthPeak Interactive decided to delay the release of Two Worlds II until January in North America. So far it looks as if the European release date stays as it is. As usual I forwarded the <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/99903-two-worlds-ii-delayed-until-january-in-north-america.html" target="_blank">press release</a> to Gamebanshee for storage purposes.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>There have been numerous posts recently regarding the release date of Two Worlds II. First of all, it&rsquo;s gratifying to see that so many people care so much about the game and we thank you for your enthusiasm and passion. It&rsquo;s definitely a game that we&rsquo;re proud to publish; Reality Pump is on the verge of delivering a benchmark RPG experience. <br /><br />Here&rsquo;s the vital news: Two Worlds II is set for a January release in North America. We understand that this is not great news for those of you eager for an October release and we can understand that you might feel that our European cousins&rsquo; potentially getting the game before you is frustrating to say the least. However, there&rsquo;s a reason for everything and although we feel that the game is truly at &lsquo;AAA&rsquo; level, that reason is that we want Two Worlds II to be absolutely flawless when it launches in the North American market. Although we could bring the game to market earlier in order to take advantage of the holiday buying season, we felt that we would do a better service to you by making sure that the game you want is absolutely as it should be. It&rsquo;s vital to us that we always give you the best possible information and this is the reason that we haven&rsquo;t commented on the date before now; we did not want to say something to you, only to have that information change once again. Now, we are in a position to confirm the January release date. <br /><br />For those that have said that they will torrent or import the game because they simply cannot wait, there&rsquo;s nothing that we can do to stop you. However, please remember that by pirating the game, you are hurting those who worked hard to make the game for you, reducing the chance of another game in the future. By importing the game, you&rsquo;re paying more money for something that if you can wait, you&rsquo;ll be able to buy in January at a cheaper price and that will have benefitted from heavyweight Quality Assurance (QA) for the North American market. <br /><br />We&rsquo;ll have a further update for our friends in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand in the near future. <br /><br />We are continually grateful for your understanding, patience and continued support. <br /><br />Sincerely, <br /><br />The SouthPeak Team</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Rate your frustration that your european cousins might get the game earlier on a scale of 1-10.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/99903-two-worlds-ii-delayed-until-january-in-north-america.html">GB</a></p>

Ptosio

Arcane
reason is that we want Two Worlds II to be absolutely flawless when it launches in the North American market. Although we could bring the game to market earlier in order to take advantage of the holiday buying season, we felt that we would do a better service to you by making sure that the game you want is absolutely as it should be.

Jesus, I know it's quite common to take buyers as the betatesters, but issuing a goddammed official press release in which you openly state that you'll realease a flawed game in Europe just to deliver it for Christmass is...I'm lost for words actually, do they run in some kind of idiocity contest with CD-Project or what?

Elzair

Cipher

You schmucks get to be our beta-testers. Plus, I would be too busy with Fallout: New Vegas (and my Ultima LP) to play this one right now, anyway.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Great marketing LOL... It will be a buggy unplayable turd but 7 patches later it will come out in the US all nice and complete after our QA(suckers who buy it in Europe) gives feedback on what needs to be fixed.

Ha ha ha

How can be at AAA level now and then need to be flawless half a year later?

Ha ha ha

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
EU publisher is Jowood which doesn't care about how many bugs are in the release. Also they need to publish it because of theirs fiscal status. (I doubt it would save that publisher.)

simonheffer

Novice
:roll:
As there's another update for UK,Oz and NZ that this is all due to english version of the game, probably a translation issue.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I don't know if it is buggy or not as I did not play it (but I guess it will be judging from TW1).
But to me it also looks like they chickened out to release it now. Remember Fable 3 and F:NV are coming in October together with all kinds of AAA shooters. USA is the biggest market, so they don't want to fail completely there (not that they won't fail in January, but probably to a lesser degree).
January 2011 would actually be a wise moment to release it there as it will be exactly between the shitload of AAA releases in October/November 2010 and the next train in March 2011 (DA2, DE3, Witcher 2, etc.).
Europe is entirely different story. I remember TW1 being the most popular in Germany and probably in Poland. That said, they are less afraid to release it here where the fanbase is stronger (and more likely to forgive beta-testing)

Mortmal

Arcane
I am not paying either to beta test, what a moronic decision, they should have delayed it for everyone, the EU market is as big, maybe you have harsher laws in the US and they fear a class action. Its like saying its good enough for those european pigs: uber marketing. Its possible TW2 is completely bug ridden and crash to desktop every 10min like elemental at release, who knows it could even be worse.
Oh and crispy can remove one more title from his "fall rpg extravaganza" thread.

bossjimbob

Liturgist
Played the demo at PAX a few weeks ago. It's improved over the original from what I can tell, but it could certainly use some polish time.

bossjimbob

Liturgist
Crispy said:
Which version did you play, jimbob? PC?
I didn't see a PC version on the demo floor. The game's producer was showing off the 360 version which looked and played decent, though all I saw was combat. There was very little character interaction during the session, as it was mostly about crafting spells and equipping different weapon types, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom