1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Development Info Two Worlds II Massive Popularity Causes Delay

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Jason, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Jason chasing a bee

Jason
    Tags: Two Worlds II

<p>Europeans will not be seeing <strong>Two Worlds II</strong> as <a href="http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=35038" target="_blank">soon as they thought</a>.</p>
    <blockquote>Die gute Nachricht zuerst &ndash; &bdquo;Two Worlds II&ldquo; hat Goldstatus erreicht und geht am<br />Montag in Produktion! Aufgrund der vorgesehen, europaweiten<br />Multiplattform-Auslieferung und den damit verbundenen, enorm hohen St&uuml;ckzahlen<br />...kann die Ver&ouml;ffentlichung des Spiels am 21. Oktober aber leider nicht<br />realisiert werden. Deshalb steht der Rollenspielhit nun ab dem 9. November 2010</blockquote>
    <p>Rather than subject you to the horrors of a Babelfish translation, here's what one of the Zuxxez forum moderators <a href="http://board.zuxxez.com/showpost.php?p=450203&amp;postcount=54" target="_blank">had to say</a>:</p>
    <blockquote>Sorry to tell you guys, I've just recieved a press release that the game has gone gold, but due to high numbers of pre orders the game will take some time to be produced and delivered so the new release date is November 9th.</blockquote>
    <p>Just out of curiousity, how does one say "lying out your ass" in German?<br /><br /><em>Thanks to Crispy</em></p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>

^ Top  
  2. Antihero Liturgist

Antihero
    Sounds like they had a lot of confidence in their game then...

And maybe a resident Kraut Übermensch can correct me, but I'd say something like "ihr seid voller Scheiße".

Also, my German's pretty rusty, but isn't the original implying that it's because of additional quantities due to a multi-platform release? Not that it's a complete explanation.

Edit: Je drunker, desto understandinger

^ Top  
  3. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Eh, it won't be as bad as Arcania. Shit, Two Turds itself was far better, and quite a serviceable game when patched. Showed that it is possible for a company with only RTS type experience previously to make an ok RPG.

I've a good feeling for this because from some of the hands on previews by Polish reviews, they complain that the game isn't as polished as Mass Effect or Dragon Age and is more 'old school'. Sounds like an endorsement to me! Also, the horror, it doesn't have AP or ME style cinematic interactive dialogue!

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Stalin Scholar

Stalin
    [​IMG]

its a polack game it will suck there is no escaping it

^ Top  
  5. poocolator Erudite

poocolator
    The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
    hurr durr
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  6. Stalin Scholar

Stalin
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  7. made Arcane

made
    I'm sure since it's gone gold the public review version isn't far off. :)

^ Top  
  8. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    they have so many preorders that they need a few weeks to burn all the CDs, what's not to understand?

^ Top  
  9. CraigCWB Educated

CraigCWB
    The game mechanics were OK, but the gameplay was pretty dull. It's only been a couple years since I played it and I couldn't even vaguely describe any of the quests. I can't even recall if it HAD a main quest. That's pretty unusual for me, and not a good indicator of quality at all.

It's not an endorsement if they are using "old school" as a synonym for "crude and unoriginal" which a lot of people who weren't around for "old school" days seem to do :)

The way I see it, these little under-staffed and under-funded studios can only compete with the big guys if the quality of gameplay is substantially better. That's the only thing that compensates for lower production values. Two Worlds was not a better game than the RPGs the big studios were putting out at the time, imo. Maybe this one will be.

^ Top  
  10. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I think whats on everybody's mind is will it be able to play as busty chick wearing a chain bikini.

^ Top  
  11. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I'll admit that I've not heard this delay excuse before. Not that I care about the game,mind you. Just sayin'.

^ Top  
  12. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    Indeed~

^ Top  
  13. Elwro Arcane

Elwro
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    Fucking Germans, lying as always :wink:

^ Top  
  14. Azrael the cat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Azrael the cat
    I assure you Herr Churchhill, we have no aggressive intent in marching our troops into the Rheinland other than demonstrating our national sovereignty...and distributing the multitudes of pre-ordered Two Worlds II.

^ Top  
  15. chzr Scholar

chzr

^ Top  
  16. DreadMessiah Liturgist

DreadMessiah
    Guess a lot of people are importing it since the US, UK, AUS, etc publisher is holding it back for 3 or 4 months. Now thanks to us importers the others have to wait 3 more weeks. :smug:

^ Top  
  17. Elzair Cipher

Elzair
    Not that I care, but what would it take to get it imported to the USA?

^ Top  
  18. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    Go to www.amazon.de

Brush up on your German first or bring up www.amazon.com side-by-side to help with the translation. That's what I did.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Shannow Waster of Time

Shannow
    Nope, that's just "you are full of shit" translated into German. Not an idiom in common use that I'm aware of.
    The only thing I can think of would be "Er lügt wie gedruckt" which translates to a harmless "he's lying like printed".

Europe-wide release + multi-platform makes demand so high that they cannot meet their deadline.
    But seriously, who cares whether he's lying or not. It's not like anybody important will be affected by this.

^ Top  
  20. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Sounds like bullshit to me. They're just pussying out due to competition. :salute:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.