Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Two Worlds Q&A at RPG Vault (moron alert!)

Perishiko

Scholar
LlamaGod said:
Blasphemy! No one can have different opinions!

Yeah, Nazis had some different opinions too.

Kind of an extreme comparison, no? I mean, i know that if someone would actually like this video game... It might lead to world war three... I must have forgotten about that part. *Insert Emoticon to relay the fact that this is sarcasm here*

Prime Junta

Too bad they didn't pitch at as a fantasy action/sandbox game, with perhaps some role-playing elements. For all we know it could turn out to be a pretty good one.

Prime Junta

Re: Vault....exactly what RPG DO you like

Vault Dweller said:

Speaking of, did you happen to play that one EV Override total conversion where you played an intergalactic missionary? Could very well be the only Christian-themed computer game in the history of mankind that didn't completely suck -- IMO it was way better both in terms of gameplay and plot than any of the official ones. Frozen Heart I believe it was called.

obediah

Erudite
Re: Two Worlds Q&A at RPG Vault (moron alert!)

Vault Dweller said:
<blockquote>... This means there is no need to launch each and every attack; just select the target and let the avatar do the rest.</blockquote>
Apparently, someone liked the worst feature from Dungeon Siege. Doesn't come as a surprise at this point.

I disagree on this one, I'll take the sytem where i click once and watch my guy whack the target for 5 seconds to kill it, rather than the one where I click on the target every .5 seconds for 5 seconds to kill it.

HINT TO DEVELOPERS: If you are ever faced with this decision, it means you've fucked up your combat system somewhere further upstream. If you are too dumb to fix it, just go with the MMORPG model of automated normal attacks and special attacks or stances or something to keep the player busy through combat without making it a rabid clickfest.

lilithn

Novice
2W Encylopedia:

"The Tulok are headless monsters - they live only in the underworld. No one knows how these beasts lost their heads over the ages "

/me points a finger and laughs her ass off...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Necromancer.
Anyway: What's wrong with headless? It's an amusing nod towards Ultima, if anything.
Headless.gif

lilithn

Novice
Nothing is wrong with headless, the wrong is with "No one knows how these beasts lost their heads over the ages"...
How, I do wonder. Have to be a very panicky bunch of monsters...

By the way, I didn't play Ultima. I hope it's not a a bad thing? ;)

aries202

Erudite
Let's wait and see how this gameplay plays out...

I like, actually, the things I'm hearing. I'm not that fond of the old 5 dialoque options thingie ---

as this usually means you get the same outcome in the end ... KILL TEH BIGF BDA GUY!!!

NOT fun!

I would much rather see choice & consequence in the gameplay --- meaning that if I screw a thing up in the game, the game's AI remember that, and
there will be repercussions....

To me, actually the part of letting the orcs in a town, sounded a bit like Gothic 3, in which you also can side with the Orcs.

As a final comment, I'm going to say that from these guys, you get the truth; at least they are honest enough to admit that there is a lot of combat in Two Worlds....

And in closing:
If you don't like it, then don't buy it.

lilithn

Novice
"I like, actually, the things I'm hearing. I'm not that fond of the old 5 dialoque options thingie ---"

Oh wooo, I don't know, I have actually loved to play through the dialog options in for example Fallout, where you could easily avoid unpleasant situations by being tricky (and and having a high int). I loved the gun toting too, especially because of the awesome dying animations, but it was fun as well to have some kind of human/inhuman interactions with my surroundings, and not just running by lifeless wall-staring androids (probably with superb AI just deaf, blind and mute these clones were) with the same monoton dialogue options. Btw, I saw a rat the other day....

I guess it's somewhat a bit disturbing to massacre a whole town - in beautifully rendered glowing disneyland - if you have some kind of emotional connection to the beings there.

In my opinion an RPG must have a story, and life, and the talks. If you need combat piled on combat with a tiny bit of combat on top of it, then please play FPS.

And you are right. If I don't like it I shouldn't buy it. Just like our prime minister said half a year ago. If you don't like the new increased taxation, closing of hospitals, and such then you can leave the country as you like. Thank you so much.

lilithn

Novice
Well it does remind me a bit of Gothic. Which is very good news.

The animations are still a bit...how to be gentle...bad. Like the characters are ice-skating. And when the bandit guy next to the camp fire got up from the ground...he must have some awesome Jackie Chan muscles.

The other guy (smith?) with the giant vee neck and hairy breast was very funny looking. :D

Were those goblins kicking dust onto my character? They did it for an awful lot of times. Can someone be killed by dust poisoning? ;D

It is very unfortunate that I don't speak french and the quality of the video is not good enough for the dialogues to be entirely decipherable, although it's clear they are not "1) info 2) more 3) I have seen a headcrab today..." and that's good enough for me for starters.

All in all my interest is piqued again. (except if they are going to play that horrible french music under the game and you cant switch it off :wink: )

p.s. didn't they promise mounted combat? Well, it's not much fun if combat is automatic anyway... :roll:

lilithn

Novice
Naked Ninja said:
Real time combat for me please, see Mount and Blade for an example of doing it right.
I agree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom