Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underworld - Return of the Blob

DraQ

Arcane
Also, FFS, check out this thread - fairly detailed character art/renders cheerfully combined with environments apparently drawn by a six year old in mspaint are just eyeball-bursting atrocious.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
I kicked myself in the butt & started revamping.

Here's a screenie of wip.

- Mouse will be enabled. Only the page above has it as of now. There's still quite a few left.
- I only just got started on the walls.
- Quite a few more screens to repaint.
- directional pad still missing.

What do you think?

5:40 AM. Time to collapse.

Melcar

Arcane
That looks much better. Instead of $0 that seems to be worth $5 now :o . Seriously though, looks much nicer than before.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
DraQ said:
Also, FFS, check out this thread - fairly detailed character art/renders cheerfully combined with environments apparently drawn by a six year old in mspaint are just eyeball-bursting atrocious.

I concur with this. The lack of unified design and cohesive art is what's killing this game for me. The rendered models and the font contrast in a detrimental way with the MS Paint graphics of the environment.

Is either the modern style of the monsterns and fighters, or the more mmm, modest style of everything else. I prefer the latter.

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
This looks like fun, I'll be checking out the demo when it's once again downloadable.

Curious what language/tools you're using for this?

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Hi insouciant,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm back on dev & when I do that I unplug my connection most of the day (kills distractions).

I use Game Maker. Does the job, although one of the drawbacks is the required ressources for the final .exe. That's probably partly my fault though. My ressource management could certainly be better.

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
The website's been updated. The download links are back, and there does indeed seem to be mouse support now.

I just spent a couple of minutes with the demo, and it actually feels promising. The interface and graphics would still benefit from some work, but the combat is solid olde-timey blob style fun. Will comment more once I've played more.

getter77

Augur
Short video clip onsite as well now that goes over some of the basics. No need to start over anymore going from demo to full either. Always nice to see progress and fixes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom