Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

Eli_Havelock

Learned
UK will most likely be a Steam download
Which means it'll be full of hot air, if anything.

They did have a Steam Greenlight page for Unknown Realm with info they could update like they once updated their KS.

KS updates:
6 updates in Dec 2016
23 updates in Jan 2017
17 updates in remainder of 2017
3 updates in 2018
2 udpates in 2019
4 updates in 2020
0 updates in 2021
0 updates in 2022
0 updates in 2023
0 updates in 2024

shilence

Educated
Also, does he know that Laura's account is still locked from public access?

So no screenshots on her page can be viewed unless you're part of their little echo group of sycophants.

Update: Ah, there we go, unlocked.

They noticed, her account is unlocked.

Laura his alter ego?

Mate, she featured you in a post!

https://twitter.com/IndieLauraSDG/status/1754748821530395050

archive: https://ghostarchive.org/archive/E91kq

pQ6LuWV.jpeg

yo what.. most people just want to see that you're doing anything at all. Do the devlog you've talked about in the campaign.

@Laura & Bruce: Your screenshots don't look like too good to be true. They look like you've been doing no development for the last few years. The game looks exactly like in the 2016 trailer. You even show the same locations. If you want any crdibility, show what you've been working on; what hurdles you took and stop shitting on the people who believed in you.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'm famous now. Oh lordy! The Paparazzi are going to find my tree and homeless camp and start taking photos and asking ceaseless questions.

Curse you Laura!
Curse you!!!

But bless Lara Crofts huge honkin tits. HONK HONK!!!
tombraiderboobs.jpg

Eli_Havelock

Learned
As if they were even doing the out part mentioned in that tweet post.

Videos showing their game's features in action would be nice, since the fucked perspectives in the screenshots look like they swiped art tiles from different games.
Their excuse that design details will spoil the plot is terminally retarded; you can show off 99% of Ultima IV without even touching the plot.

adamantyr

Arcane
Developer
Ultima 6 uses the same forced perspective approach, as does Ultima 5 on the NES.

The call for 1,000 followers isn't serious. Just their passive-aggressive way of NOT delivering an update; say you will if an impossible goal is met.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Ultima 6 uses the same forced perspective approach, as does Ultima 5 on the NES.

The call for 1,000 followers isn't serious. Just their passive-aggressive way of NOT delivering an update; say you will if an impossible goal is met.

Forced perspective works if it is the same perspective instead of looking like it is ripped from 3 other games and a tileset CD.

Most obvious is the fight to the death between the perspective lines of the walls and the furniture.

adamantyr

Arcane
Developer
Well they DID lift border graphics from Crimson Twilight for their 2012 demo. As far as I can tell, all the graphics since the campaign are theirs.

I was originally going to do some 8x8 tile sets for RoA like that, you can see it here:
1708649643006.png

I lost interest in burning multiple tiles for a single wall type, plus I couldn't do much with color at that granularity, so I ditched it. Thankfully with 8x8 graphics, gamers tend to be a bit more forgiving of an 'icon' approach.

Forced perspective like that only works if you really pay attention to it for every single object and are consistent. As an example, consistency is lost in this screenshot, where the borders are like \ / instead of \ \ :

1708649789968.png

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Such error in perspectives become REALLY obvious in a tile viewer, especially anything that departs Ultima VI and goes for Legend of Zelda with opening all four corners like that; the furniture set for the screen with the dog must have looked like an absolute dumpster fire given how not even the chairs matched the tables right next to them.

It really looks like all this time has been spent replacing placeholders with proper assets, because the newer screens actually have some congruence between the perspective lines of furniture and walls. Some of the decor objects are still fucked. They changed the table but the computer is still using its old perspective.

Last edited:

Eli_Havelock

Learned
qxIDbAy.png

Backers: "Seven years later, all we get are screenshots and no real project status update."
Bruce: "Check your eyes. Those are FRESH screenshots!"

shilence

Educated
Huh, I just checked, he's working on the FAQ for almost two years now. That shit will be EXTENSIVE.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PDZYUYY.png

Bruce may delay the game since WWIII is on the horizon and his house might be bombed by balloon bombs.
I don't get what NORAD can do about the weather ballooning his ass. He should take that to a physician.

Colonel Mutt

Literate
These two deserve a serious psychological study.
Lots of signs of this
I know, I am an andragogist by trade, and I have been observing their behavior for years. They provide a lot of material for serious research and hypotheses, particularly regarding correlations between narcissistic disorder, laziness, and fraud. I would gladly take part in that type of project or documentary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom